February 2018 Moms

Maternity Clothes

Re: Maternity Clothes

• @MrsJ2410 and @chucksmom15 After today, when my father joined in on the commenting, I decided that I am issuing a statement of pregnancy rules to my family. Rule #1 is that it is never ok to comment on my weight or the size of my belly. Ever. Even if you think it's a compliment, keep it to yourself. 

I don't know what else to say to these people...
    I am getting pretty close to that. I feel like I need to lay down some sort of rule in a calm way before it gets to me so much that I freak out on someone...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same boat with looking way more pregnant than I am this time around, the belly popped this week! On the bright side though, I remember the first time I felt so self conscious that I just looked like I had a chubby muffin top for so long. So I'm kinda happy it looks like a baby, even if strangers think I'm 7 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ashoes123 said:
    Same boat with looking way more pregnant than I am this time around, the belly popped this week! On the bright side though, I remember the first time I felt so self conscious that I just looked like I had a chubby muffin top for so long. So I'm kinda happy it looks like a baby, even if strangers think I'm 7 months.

**Stuck in Box
    You can use the "expectant mother" parking sooner  ;)
  • Any Aussie mammas, the best maternity jeans to be found are at "just jeans" hands down! 
  • Has anyone bought anything from Isabella & Oliver? There is a dress I think would be perfect for a wedding I am going to but the price tag is a little more than I would usually spend - want to make sure the quality is good! 
  • I broke out a pair of maternity pants today just to try them on and I don't think I will be going back to regular pants for a while!! I forgot how comfy they really are!! And they look like normal pants 
  • kbrinks2 said:
    I broke out a pair of maternity pants today just to try them on and I don't think I will be going back to regular pants for a while!! I forgot how comfy they really are!! And they look like normal pants 
    Yeah, I may not go back to normal pants after wearing maternity pants lol. 
  • I'm 15weeks tomorrow.. and I'm huge . I look way farther along than Iam ..and it's only gonna get worse :( this is my second kid. So apparently hou show more with your second ? My daughter is 8 so it's been quite some time . I hope once I get my energy back to start walking every day (I'll say this now then never follow through
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited August 2017
    Sitting in a 3 hour meeting this morning (really listening to a 3 hour talk), and the only thing making it bearable is my maternity jeans. 

Edited for spelling
  • I am 15 weeks and just bought my first maternity jeans this week. They might be the best things I have ever worn. Target had 20% online and I picked up a few pairs. Maternity Crossover Panel Jeggings - Isabel Maternity by Ingrid & Isabel is the style I got. They stay up and I don't need to adjust them the entire day. Amazing. 
  • I am 15 weeks and just bought my first maternity jeans this week. They might be the best things I have ever worn. Target had 20% online and I picked up a few pairs. Maternity Crossover Panel Jeggings - Isabel Maternity by Ingrid & Isabel is the style I got. They stay up and I don't need to adjust them the entire day. Amazing. 
    I got these too!  I also ordered some to wear to work (khaki, black..).  I haven't worn them yet, but I am SO glad to hear the good review!  FWIW to anyone looking at them, they fit true to size similar to my GAP and Old Navy skinny jeans. 
  • Soooo the boob growth is serious over here. Any non wire bra recommendations? I already went up one cup size but I think I need new ones again. 
  • corcola said:
    Soooo the boob growth is serious over here. Any non wire bra recommendations? I already went up one cup size but I think I need new ones again. 
    Try the nursing bras from kohls. They will stretch a few sizes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • corcola said:
    Soooo the boob growth is serious over here. Any non wire bra recommendations? I already went up one cup size but I think I need new ones again. 
    I got some at Motherhood Maternity that are super comfortable and wire free.
  • corcola said:
    I'm so jealous! I thought boobs were supposed to grow while you were pregnant! I'm 16 weeks and still feel tiny! I did get the Motherhood Maternity one though, and it's super comfy... 
  • eggplantfaceeggplantface member
    edited August 2017
    Old navy has 50% off jeans today, including maternity. Of course they're out of my size. 

ETA because they're not only 50% jeans
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Target has some good non wire nursing bras, I bought in two sizes and have rotated through both as boobs grew (insanely at the end of my last pregnancy through nursing) and then deflated again after weaning lol. Your size will change A LOT most likely so expect to get a few options throughout the next year or so! Definitely wires are the enemy though from now until you get back to 'normal' someday in the future. Especially beginning of nursing if you plan on that, holy plugged ducts!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Does anyone have the Old Navy maternity jeans? The reviews say they fall down easily.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface  I bought a pair the other day and personally  I like them, it probably depends on you body shape but I def have the hips to keep them up.  Although I did order a size down and when I've ordered more I ordered another size smaller.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks @winnie1122 @mamaof5already @jenniferjoy37 and @gingermama26
    My first sizing up I got a few bras from target and those were pretty comfy! Today I went to Motherhood Maternity bc I had a coupon and they were also having a "buy 3, get 1 free" sale on bras... So naturally I got 4 haha. But they are all nursing bras so that's perfect. I'm almost 18 weeks and i've gone from a B to D cup size. DH thinks it's great of course, but I hope they don't get too much bigger because running is difficult enough now! 
  • @corcola Hope you'll be lucky and not get much bigger! Haha I doubled between week 36 and 3 weeks PP. I couldn't believe it, I was always a B before so I was never endowed and I didn't know what to do with myself!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • @corcola I started at a D with DD1 and just went up from there.  I had to go to a specialty shop for nursing bras and they never went back down.  Running is super tough.  I go with sports bras that are high impact, a bit on the too small size (which I haven't been able to find ones that fit anyway) and double up.  Wearing two (or three) plus a fitted tank is the only way it's manageable.
  • @corcola I went from a C to a DD and even that's starting to feel small. These things are out of control. Hubby loves it but I'm just like, these things are ridiculous. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @eggplantface I ordered two styles. The rockstar style I didn't have that issue with. The other ones though I knew it would happen as soon as I tried them on so I sent them back
  • @corcola I started at a D with DD1 and just went up from there.  I had to go to a specialty shop for nursing bras and they never went back down.  Running is super tough.  I go with sports bras that are high impact, a bit on the too small size (which I haven't been able to find ones that fit anyway) and double up.  Wearing two (or three) plus a fitted tank is the only way it's manageable.
     Have you tried barenecessities.com  For sports bras? My dd is a 30g and we got her one there that holds everything in place and she says its comfortable.  She's doing soccer where they are running 5 miles a day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chucksmom15chucksmom15 member
    edited September 2017
    I have maternity jeans from Old Navy and Kohl's.  I like them both but the Kohl's brand (Glo I think) gets a small advantage for tiny belt loops.  I don't use a belt but it makes it easier to pull them on.  For the Old Navy jeans get the skinny cut. The other ones were too baggy for me and I am well endowed on the back side.

I bought Gillian and O'Malley wireless nursing bras at Target.  They were $16.99 and I love them.
  • Thanks for the heads up on old navy jeans. I got work pants that are a bit loose in the hips but not messy looking. If the jeans stretch will get a size down. Also got a 3/4 length sleeve dress w pleats from ON that is really comfy. Wish it came in different colors cuz id buy more.
  • Just bought a bunch of maternity stuff online at Old Navy to get prepared. Thanks ladies for the heads up on the sale! I'm still in my normal clothes but they are definitely not comfortable. I just didn't want to spend more money. So I'm happy to see I could get a bunch from ON for hardly anything, plus I had a bunch of rewards to use! I just hope I like the fits on everything...
  • So what are the fall/winter essentials we're going to need. I'm a FTM who's definitely larger than, oh, all her friends so not getting any handmedowns in that dept lol, but I feel like I'm spending a small fortune on maternity clothes already. 

I got away this summer with flowy dresses/skirts, but I'm going to have to get pants soon. I have 2 pairs of leggings (can't wear to work, but good for casual), a pair of very casual jeans (the kind w/ holes, also can't wear to work), 1 pair of navy pants for work, and just ordered some jeans from target so we'll see how that fits. I have plenty of flowy sweaters and shirts, so not too worried about tops at least. Thinking 1 more each of work pants and jeans, then I should be good right? 
  • clc515 said:
    So what are the fall/winter essentials we're going to need. I'm a FTM who's definitely larger than, oh, all her friends so not getting any handmedowns in that dept lol, but I feel like I'm spending a small fortune on maternity clothes already. 

I got away this summer with flowy dresses/skirts, but I'm going to have to get pants soon. I have 2 pairs of leggings (can't wear to work, but good for casual), a pair of very casual jeans (the kind w/ holes, also can't wear to work), 1 pair of navy pants for work, and just ordered some jeans from target so we'll see how that fits. I have plenty of flowy sweaters and shirts, so not too worried about tops at least. Thinking 1 more each of work pants and jeans, then I should be good right? 
    Depending on where you live, you might also want to think about outerwear.  I am hopeful that I will be able to make it through the fall with my peacoat and sweatshirts, but I think I am going to need something when winter gets here.  I do not think I am going to fit in my winter jacket.
  • @lainikins I need to start thinking of outerwear too! Last winter we had some -46C weather (with windchill) so I definitely need something to wear. My mother in law said to just layer and wear the jacket open but she was never pregnant in the dead of winter so I don't think that will work for me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lainikins I need to start thinking of outerwear too! Last winter we had some -46C weather (with windchill) so I definitely need something to wear. My mother in law said to just layer and wear the jacket open but she was never pregnant in the dead of winter so I don't think that will work for me. 
    Yeah, an open jacket won't help you much with those wind chills! 
  • Maybe consider a jacket extender. Maternity coats can be expensive unless you can find one second hand. Not sure a brand that would have  good price but I'm talking about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/BellyFit-Panel-Zip-Maternity-Baby-carrying/dp/B00EZ88L22

Full disclosure: I live in Canada and it is cold and I've always simply layered with my jacket open. It's not comfortable but it does do the trick.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Last time I just struggled with my north face in regards to a jacket but gave birth in June. Obviously this time the bulk of my bigness will be in December/January so I don't know. I hate how expensive maternity coats are. I'm always hot so hopefully I can just layer with an open jacket 
  • @clc515 i bought a very large pea coat from target that i could button over my belly.  I use it sometimes when not pregnant when it's really cold with lots of layers underneath.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lol I hadn't even thought about outwear! I'm in the DC area so winters are kinda hit or miss... we'll see how long I can go w/ just layers!
  • @sabriel1 I'm in Canada too. I'm hoping my one bulkier jacket will work. I can usually wear a bulky hoodie under it no problem so we will see. Normally I wouldn't worry too much about zipping it up but after taking the bus last winter to work and waiting at the bus stops in the wind I jut don't know if that will work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • clc515 said:
    So what are the fall/winter essentials we're going to need. I'm a FTM who's definitely larger than, oh, all her friends so not getting any handmedowns in that dept lol, but I feel like I'm spending a small fortune on maternity clothes already. 

With my first pregnancy, I bought a bit more maternity clothes knowing that they would be used again with future pregnancies. 

I had one pair of pants per day for work and several shirt varieties. By 3rd tri, I needed to go up a size in most of my pants/shirts... so I had to buy more due to my hips spreading and large belly.

This time, since it is our last baby (and we got rid of EVERYTHING thinking we not going to have more kids...) I'm being very frugal. I am getting by with what I can and not buying new items until I have to.

basic v-neck t's and tanks will be great for now and in the fall/winter under sweaters. I am using my non maternity cardigans as layering pieces. 

Long tanks are great as layering pieces and I wear one daily. I like the new Target brand tanks a lot. Basic black has been a good "go to" for pants. You may also want at least 1-2 "comfy" pair of pants like sweats etc for home later. It'll get to a point that you won't be able to fit into anything, even if it is super stretchy, in non-maternity.
  • It's also worth checking out local thrift/consignment shops for maternity because people tend to get rid of stuff that may not have even gotten much wear. It's hit or miss, but definitely possible to get lots of super cheap stuff! Also Facebook baby sell/swap groups tend to always have maternity stuff up for grabs, if you like participating in those! Mine has tons of maternity stuff going up all the time, I'm just too lazy to jump on it.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Rockin' a belly band today with some pre-prego pants. I'm not feeling 100% confident that my pants will stay up all day....