Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Treatment and Testing Check In Week of 7/17

Re: IF Treatment and Testing Check In Week of 7/17

• Options
    @TravelingCouple first I want to give you a hug.  I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this.  I'm always here if you need to vent  <3 .  And your MIL sounds like a piece of work.  I'm sorry she said those things.  It was uncalled for and you shouldn't of had to listen to that during this time.

@lund I hope you didn't think I was coming off snotty when I mentioned the rx bottle.  Not what I intended but after reading it I felt a little jerkish.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @AlohaKumu You're fast!  Beat me to it  <3<3
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    @safire3 I can't remember, was your first SA zero, then 9 mil, and now less than 1 mil? 
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Options
    @JuneRoseRuby yes that right. First was absolutely zero, then did another one to confirm about 1 week later and it came back 9 mil. Now after 3 months of clomid and supplements we are at <1. 
  • Options
    lundlund member
    @50Wife FX you're wrong about not getting the HSG magic! What is your progesterone dose? Mine BW showed my progesterone in the 7s too, and they want me to insert 100mg of progesterone 2x per day. But if I can get away with just doing it 1x per day that'd be awesome (because I'm dumb and payed WAY too much for these meds). 
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @lund ah and I looked at the label last night too and I can't remember.  I'll look when I get home and report back.
    I was also kinda under the assumption that it's once a day at night so you're just laying there and it stays in better/longer.
  • Options
    Thank you @JuneRoseRuby. I think I will feel much better if I come out of there with a clear plan and we can actually start something soon. I feel like the last 3 months were a waste. I'm hoping for the same for you for your appointment next week. FX for us both that we can move on to something that will work. 
  • Options
    @lund @50wife Just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You both were in the 7's for progesterone. Lund you're on 100mg suppositories 2x a day. 50Wife is 1x a day mg TBD. Mine was at 4.6 and my OB said 200mg orally daily (which orally doesn't increase your levels as much as a suppository). I feel like my OB doesn't know WTF he's taking about and it's pissing me off. My RE appointment can't come soon enough.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    Ugh @KariAnn323 correct and super frustrating!!!   Can you call and ask for supps instead?? Like I feel like mine are doing their job already - literally my spotting stopped overnight.
    When is your appt? (sorry if I missed this...)
  • Options
    @JuneRoseRuby oh that's a cool job!  And that's really hard about your friend. I would tell her you want to support her but that she needs to realize how hard it is for you to hear complaints you would love to have

@safire3 sorry about the crummy news. Hopefully your RE will hsve done answers on Thursday. 

@saralee797-2 FX the 24th comes quickly!

@50Wife fx the HSG Magic is there!
  • Options
    @KariAnn323 I understand that you can use the oral Prometrium as a suppository instead of swallowing it.  I've been taking mine orally, but I may try it out since I spotted last cycle.  I don't know how it compares to suppositories that are made for that purpose, but it sounds like it's an option.

@laurad75 A rollercoaster indeed!  I hope things even out for you soon, and especially that you get more info on the timing of your DE cycle.  I'm sure you're ready to move forward already!  I saw Cheap Trick a few years ago, and they were freaking amazing!  Glad you got to enjoy that.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    @lund I am sorry your RE isn't impressing you. I hope it changes, but at least going out of state is an option for you

@RVAmom315 our first treatment cycle was our second cycle (that I was back in the states for) with the RE. Our first RE appt was on CD3, so I was able to just go through that cycle and get all appropriate BW and imaging, and then just go.

@WillRunForWine21 so sorry for the negative test. Hugs

@TravelingCouple I am sorry your MIL is such a ho. Those are terrible things to say. So many hugs.

• Options
    Bloodwork back today and tsh levels are elevated.  Got another med to take.  Haven't had time to research what this means....
  • Options
    @lund progesterone suppositories = fun.  I'm up to five pills a day between that and estrogen.  Ugh
  • Options
    @laurad75 so very sorry for your loss friend. Hugs  <3

@KariAnn323 I second @aurora1973 my RE told me that I could take my prometrium orally or vaginally 
  • Options
    @leekat14 do you have any history of thyroid issues?
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @lund & @KariAnn323 I have 200mg daily 
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 Nope no history and as I look back at blood work it always seemed to be under 2.5...maybe it's all these other drugs.
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @BusinessWife I've never heard of a snowflake adoption. That's a pretty cool option to have if it gets to that point! 
  • Options
    @50wife  its so funny - I don't think our RU had even heard of it!  Lol or at least not heard it <i>called</i> that. ;)
  • Options
    @KariAnn323 I take 200mg 2x daily of Prometrium.  It's made to take orally but my RE has me using it as a suppository.  They didn't take my progesterone level (I had a 7dpo check a couple months ago and basically I was told I ovulated) but it's part of this RE's office protocol when starting a medicated cycle.   What kind of progesterone do you take?  I agree with @50Wife maybe call and ask for  a suppository?  My RE also told me you don't get as many side effects when you use a suppository.  

• Options
    @LeilaK9288 all the hugs to you and your H. It is so hard watching the guys go through this. I wish it was just my issues we were dealing with as well. My DH played it off last night like it was no big deal and he would be open to it. Then today he comes home and says he would only consider sperm donation if he had absolutely no viable sperm that could be used. Now he says he doesn't know how he would feel looking at the child and knowing he/she is not really his so I guess that's pretty much out for us as well.

@BusinessWife you are an amazing person. I honestly don't know if I would be able to give up the dream of having my bio child if my DH could not. Of course we are not crossing that bridge just yet so maybe my feelings would change by then. 
  • Options
    adiratadirat member
    @leekat14 Your ivf meds can absolutely change your tsh. I'm surprised they put you on meds (I assume levothyroxine?) if you've never had a problem before. What was your tsh now? 

• Options
    @Sailing_Mama I'm so sorry to hear about your job. Hugs!!