August 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY 7/3 - Baby Gear

2»

Re: GTKY 7/3 - Baby Gear

• Options
    lewliv said:
    To receive, the UPPAbaby Vista stroller and Mesa car seat. To buy, definitely clothes because they are so tiny and cute!
    Man, I would have loved an UPPAbaby travel system. I really like the sleek profile of UB gear!
    DH had a conniption at the cost though. I feel like every parent in my area has either UB or the BabyJogger City-whatever. We got the City-Mini GT with BabyGo car seat as a system, and thankfully the stroller does fold up to be quite compact so that makes us both happy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    the new Freshly Picked Diaper Bag, Panda Moccasins, and Tumbler! Granted it won't be shipped till November but still...I CANNOT WAIT!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also excited for my K'tan! I did try it on the other day and tried to put a baby sized stuffed animal in there to see how it works and for whatever reason, it was just not going well. I'm hoping it's the fact that my massive bump is in the way as well as the stuffed animal doesn't exactly resemble the dimensions and weight of a newborn lol. I've even watched the videos online, but I still can't quite get it on right. Anyone else try a practice run? 
  • Options
    @mrsjqg1024 So funny I did that same exact thing. I could get it on okay, but getting the "baby" in there was a struggle. I felt like I was shoving the stuffed animal in to get it to fit right. The videos online make it look so easy! I'm also not 100% sure I got the right size..I'm typically a small/medium in t-shirts, so got a size small thinking it's better to be snug and stretch out than too big. Guess we'll see in a few weeks how it actually works!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am on the K'tan train- just got mine and thought it was way to small, but I did read testing it while having a 8+mo bump is very different...so I am hoping it is right.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @secicc12 @smallbutmighty77 Ok so hopefully these will actually fit when our bumps aren't in the way! I also had to literally stuff the stuffed animal in there and I was thinking that there's no way I can do this with an actual baby lol. Will try again when baby is here!

• Options
    middy411middy411 member
    edited July 2017
    I used the k'tan last year when I had DD and I will say it was a bit snug. I'm normally pretty thin and have a small chest and she only fit in it for a few months. There isn't much stretch to the material and I even tried wetting it and trying to stretch it some. I am usually size S/XS and I wore a size S k'tan. I ended up winning a regular-style wrap from a small company called Belephant and it was much stretchier and more breathable and comfortable. I am going to try the k'tan again this time but am not expecting to be able to use it for very long again. :/ I probably should try a medium but I'm cheap.
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    @DeansGirl14 I would never had swallowed the $1200 price tag myself. MIL said that she would buy the travel system whatever the cost was. DH loved the leather handlebars and I loved the new Henry color so we went for it. 
  • Options
    lewliv said:
    @DeansGirl14 I would never had swallowed the $1200 price tag myself. MIL said that she would buy the travel system whatever the cost was. DH loved the leather handlebars and I loved the new Henry color so we went for it. 
    That's awesome! My MIL would have done the same (she bought our system and a duplicate for herself!) but DH wouldn't even let me register for UB on principle. 99% of the time I appreciate his frugal nature but damn, those are really nice products! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dma0389 if I didn't already have a diaper bag (leather backpack style nonetheless) I would have splurged on that. Those Panda Mocs are to die for! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Moved to actual baby gear thread as it involved a question... but for something totally off the list, my mom got us this elephant stuffed animal I am obsessed with. 

It plays hide and seek with its ears!! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • Options
    My older kids are two years apart and are 7 & 5 now so I feel like I got all the fun gear for them and spent way too much money.   So I am borrowing everything I can from friends for this one, he will definitely be our last.

I just bought a few things from Spearmint Love that im obsessed with though.   And a cute etsy outfit.  
  • Options
    @erindippity I want the Bloom! I didn't have it for DS and I wish I had for when i bathed him in the sink. I was waiting for my registry completion coupon so I could get a great deal. 

Along with a lot of the other STMs I haven't really bought anything new. I did buy a new coming home outfit that I love.  
    I also bought a Tula FTG (we own regular Tulas but this can be used earlier on) that I can't wait to carry the baby in. 

I can't wait to hear how much you all love your doubles. I have been holding out hoping I'll find one at a garage sale or for a great deal. I'm not in a hurry because I tend to Babywear a lot and DS is not into the stroller right now. Also, any place we would go with a lot of walking, I wouldn't  go alone and we have more than one single stroller. 
  • Options
    We haven't really bought much except for a few things that needed to be replaced like the car seat and a swing.  I also bought 2 gender neutral outfits, which was fun picking out.  

My mom bought me a new diaper bag as a Morher's Day present and that was fun to pick out.  Since we're pretty much all set, I'm probably most excited about getting a new pump since I've heard so many great things about the Spectra.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @smallbutmighty77 my friend has the same stuffed animal! It is so adorable!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77
    Where did your mom find it?! We are doing an elephant theme in the nursery and this would be adorable!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I just got my nursing bras in the mail. Tried them and they are going to work great! So comfortable too. Clearly I've been wearing supportless bras for too long.
  • Options
    @belmont1785 I bought 3 new nursing bras last weekend too!  I had two bras I bought early on, and hoped they would last a little longer, but the underwire in both popped! I was so sad! I sucked it up and bought one from target and two bravado ones from amazon!  I am IN LOVE with my bravado ones.  I got the buttercup and body silk seamless bras.  I used bravados sizing video to check my size, and they came in fitting perfectly! I may never buy any other bras ever! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @kristenk727 I know Amazon has it, but we found it at a little kids store in my town. https://a.co/3c8FiEa
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • Options
    Ill join the double stroller train. I found a used bumbleride and purchased all new fabric so it's like new. I can't wait to get back into running when they are big enough. 
  • Options
    @belmont1785 what brand/style did you get?
  • Options
    EmyB30EmyB30 member
    @Kudlica27 I was reading and looking at the Bloom...I would be afraid I couldn't get it dry enough and it would cause mold....

When my first was born 4 years ago they didn't have the RnP that rocked by itself....my mom graciously is giving that to us. I remember rocking that damn thing at 3am to get him to go back to sleep. 
    I also was given a sit and stand stroller from my SIL that I'm super excited about. I just hope my car seat clicks in to it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Kaityrj

I am big chested normally so not many carry my size because they get bigger when nursing.

The brand I like the most is "Elomi"

They are very comfortable and good quality. Spendy though.
  • Options
    I bought mostly all my gear second hand or on clearance. I was most excited to get my Spectra S1 pump, my pump bag and my diaper bag! 
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @littlebug2010 - the Bravado bras are amazing - I've got the same ones as you and love them too. I actually just bought the Body Silk Nursing Cami in black and white too - I've got the white one on now as an undershirt to a white t shirt and it's so comfortable. Love that they convert because, same, I may never buy a different brand again lol
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @littlebug2010 @JWatt5 I recall loving my nursing bras (all Bravado) when I first started nursing DD but I was so ready to be in "normal" bras again when she weaned. But maybe that was because it had been almost two years. I missed being able to wear shirts that took strapless bras and such. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    I was really excited about the crib bedding and curtains and the summer infant co-sleeper.