August 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY 7/3 - Baby Gear

What is the number one thing you were excited to buy, or receive, for your baby? 

Re: GTKY 7/3 - Baby Gear

• Options
    For DS,  I was most excited about my ergo360.  For this LO, I was most excited to buy a baby ktan.  I love the ergo, but can't wait to try the ktan now!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    I was super excited to buy a Baby Bullet. It's so cute and I really want to learn how to make baby food instead of buying it. 
  • Options
    Holy moly. I still need to purchase a double stroller, and my jaw just hit the floor at the price tag of the City Select!  :o
    @bumpybump

@kristenk727 I love my baby k'tan. Can't wait to use it again for this LO. 

I fell in love with muslin after I had DD. Most linens I've gotten for baby are muslin: crib sheets, wearable blankets, swaddles, and I'm even eyeing some muslin towels & washcloths. Obsessed. 
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper luckily, we got the "old" version back in November at Black Friday for over 40% off. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @middy411 - DH just got an F150. He had a smaller truck prior to this one, but once we found out we were having LO #2, we knew neither of our vehicles were entirely practical for family-of-4 travel. I don't regret it for a second!
  • Options
    I haven't had my baby shower yet, and we've hardly purchased anything...but the fact that someone is throwing me a shower makes me super happy! Lol! 

This is our 3rd baby, so receiving ANYTHING makes me giddy, as I was not expecting it! 

I'm excited about "purchasing" (through insurance, yay!!!) the Spectra S2 Plus breast pump. I rented a pump from the hospital with the last two babies, and the pump was HUGE and loud and I had to carry it in a BIG blue box that looked exactly like a tackle box. I'm soooo not going to miss that!
  • Options
    @middy411 @HappyToBeHere I drove a F150 from 2006-2012 and miss it so much. My parents just bought a F150 this year and I've gotten to drive it some. DH and I know we'll be in the market for either a larger SUV or truck in a year when we put this LO in a convertible car seat. Problem is, I'm a Ford fan and DH is pretty loyal to Chevy (except the Jeep I drive). Plus, I just don't see a truck being practical for getting groceries and, DH already has a truck (same one from high school) so we really don't need another truck. Sigh. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @AdvoCyndi30 I ordered the Spectra too! Can't wait to try it out. 

@PinkPrincessPiper I agree, the price of the City Select is nuts. And we only did the single seat. But I was stalking my Amazon registry one day and saw the price drop to $350 from $525 or whatever it is. My mom bought it that day. SCORE! Maybe you can catch a deal for Amazon prime day?? Or find a used one off craigslist. I obviously haven't used it with a baby yet, but just pushing it around the house is SO easy and nice. It turns on a dime with one hand. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper I will +1 to stalking Amazon for good deals. I believe there will be a Prime Day next week, so you might find a good deal there. The other place that has them all the time is zulily. However their shipping can be horribly slow. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    My favorite thing to receive (or kinda buy) was our Chicco Bravo stroller. I technically 'bought' it but through our insurance incentive program, so it was FREE. I would have been content with just liking it as I was partial to the City Select, but I'm totally in love with it! 

Also, another +1 for stalking prime day next week; I'm hoping to finish off some of my registry that doesn't qualify for the completion discount.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    Noticing all the STMs+ listed practical items and I feel like I should come up with a more practical answer but... I realized I only registered for a couple stroller toys so after my shower I got so excited about cute stuffed animals and soft blocks. I know the baby won't care that they are "on theme" but I feel like they completed the nursery and I can't wait for him or her to play with them.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    AB518AB518 member
    My absolute favorite item that I was given was a handmade knitted baby blanket.  A coworker had made it for baby.  It was one item that I secretly really wanted, but I didn't think that there was anybody I knew who would make a baby blanket.  The baby blanket is absolutely gorgeous, and she made sure that it would be machine washable too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite item with my first baby was probably the pack n play.

The only thing we really needed/bought for this one was a double stoller. Although I was more excited about buying my DD her own bedroom set which is so beautiful. I've never purchased furniture before (we've always done hand me downs or goodwill items) so shopping for that was super fun and I feel so adult now!
  • Options
    OTmom3OTmom3 member
    For this baby definitely the auto Rock n Rlay with Smart Connect. I had a Rock n Play for my son and it was amazing. I ended up selling it after he outgrew it because I knew if I had another one I would want the auto rock feature. My grandmother just bought us the Rock n Play with the auto rock, vibration, and music features. I'm pumped to get it!
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Options
    @OTmom3 that auto rock and Smart Connect were my best friends with DD1. Can't wait to whip that guy out again and watch all of the ZzZzZzzzz's
  • Options
    @tova24
    Making baby food is so fun and cost efficient!  I made all of DS's purees,  feel free to PM me if you have any questions! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    tova24tova24 member
  • Options
    AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    It's a toss up between a new jogging stroller- joovy zoom360 and the ring sling I just bought!  It's a wild bird sling and they just look so pretty on instagram-- 
  • Options
    @bumpybump,

I want the city select.  Looked at the lux and it seemed a bit less sturdy...nicer fabric, but what seems like a cheaper plastic frame. DH is giving me push back since he doesn't think we need a double stroller.  *Smh*. How does he think I will leave the house with two little ones?  My 2 year old is a runner and hasn't quite mastered "listening" yet.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't bought it yet, but the coming home outfit!    With the twins I was just so happy to bring them home from NICU that I was really only concerned with leaving the hospital, I think my husband just grabbed stuff from their drawer!    I'm so excited to pick something cute!
  • Options
    We received the city select lux this weekend from DHs parents!! We know we want kids close in age (if we can) so we wanted something that could convert, it folds way smaller which DH needed since he has a mini, and we do a lot of walking in the city with not the smoothest sidewalks so the new suspension on the lux helped sell it over the regular. I was like a kid on xmas when i saw it! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @bumpybump,

I want the city select.  Looked at the lux and it seemed a bit less sturdy...nicer fabric, but what seems like a cheaper plastic frame. DH is giving me push back since he doesn't think we need a double stroller.  *Smh*. How does he think I will leave the house with two little ones?  My 2 year old is a runner and hasn't quite mastered "listening" yet.  
    Omg, yes you need the double. Try to paint the picture of him in the scenario with two kids. Smh. I have an almost 2 year old and I shudder going out with out having her strapped in. I baby wear almost 100% when newborn but transition to a stroller. It's good to find one that transitions from infant/toddler to toddler/child 
  • Options
    I'm excited to see what we get from our shower on the 15th. Until 2 weeks ago, me having a shower wasn't even a thing until my grandma told my mom that you can't call it a shower after the baby comes. Hopefully family will help with some of the big ticket items but we'll see. I'll have 5 weeks after the shower to get everything else we need since I so far have nothing but a few clothes!
  • Options
    I've been peeking at my registry ahead of my showers that start this weekend, and I'm so excited for my k'tan! We also registered for the Lillebaby complete all seasons. I really want to be able to wear my baby as much as possible, but it's also super intimidating to me, so I want to ease my way in with simple carriers. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    To receive- everything! 

We haven't bought one single item for this baby except for a Smashing Pumpkins (my fave band) onesie that she won't fit into until she's at least a year old. We received everything necessary (i.e. travel system, high chair) from our family and friends via our shower and hand-me-downs. Like PP, I'm excited for the K'tan carrier- I also want to wear the baby as much as possible, partially because we live in a fourth-floor walkup and I don't want to be lugging her stroller and carrier around unless I have to. 

BabyFruit Ticker