Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF/Testing Weekly Check In June 26

Re: IF/Testing Weekly Check In June 26

• Options
    @purplg8r My RE did it on his own initiative. Apparently most people where I live have no IF coverage and he can tell just by the name of the insurer. So he explained up front what my insurance coverage meant and said he would be careful to code everything as diagnostic or as treatment for my PCOS until he had to take active measures to get me pregnant, at which point he would have to code it as IF. I don't know yet whether taking the Femara will be an "active measure." (I mean, isn't making me ovulate technically a "treament" for my PCOS? And if I just happen to HIO around that time...Ok I know I'm pushing it, but I feel like I could make a decent case for coverage.)
  • Options
    @LeilaK9288 so sorry for the second SA results. When we went to the urologist, they took blood and checked hormone levels and did genetic testing.  They also did an exam to palpate his testicles and visually inspect his penis. They also did a prostate test which was very comical to the both of us because I sat in the room with him.  They also did a urine analysis.  We met with the urologist in his office after and discussed a plan. H started clomid and the urologist gave us a coupon page with a code for Theralogix supplements to order online.  H went back for Bw a month later to check his hormone levels on the clomid. 

32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @purplg8r soooo my situation may be a little different...I think that appt may have been coded as diagnostic as well - only because we went in and met with him and he literally sent me off to have an ultrasound to confirm O and bloodwork to see where my progesterone was.  So it was all kind of one big whirlwind of an appointment for my first meeting with him.
    My husband did his SA and he was supposed to schedule an appt to just go in and talk with the doctor after, but we were going to have to wait like 2 weeks for his appt, so he pestered them to just have the Dr. call him with the results. So instead of going in for an appt to literally just talk to the doctor, it turned into an appointment with me and testing.
  • Options
    I missed one! @lund Where do you live that you've got horses! SO jelly!!!
  • Options
    @dragonette505 The swimmers are going right from DH, to the cup, to the office! It's just more craziness after the ICI :)
  • Options
    @TravelingCouple I guess I'm just picturing my clumsy @ss trying to catch a cab with DH's batter... I'm pretty sure I'd get my driver knocked up :) lol  This must be much easier outside of NYC :)
  • Options
    @TravelingCouple Yay for the little egg that could! Sounds like an exhausting but very exciting week - keeping everything crossed for you!
  • Options
    @50Wife sorry that you have to wait another cycle before IUI, that must be so frustrating.
    @LeilaK9288 I'm so sorry he repeat SA had zero count. I'm glad you were able to get a urologist appointment and hopefully you'll have some answers soon. 
    @TravelingCouple good luck tomorrow!! I'm so excited for you!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    lundlund member
    @adirat yes, FSH was tested (but again, this was CD23) and was 1.6 mIU/mL .... which isn't bad, right?
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited June 2017
    Speaking of lifestyle changes, does anyone have any non-plastic freezer-safe food storage containers that they can recommend? Now that I'm officially Trying All The Things, I'm about to toss all of my "BPA-free" tupperware. All I have for food storage aside from the plastic stuff is a small 1950's 4-piece stainless steel set I grabbed from my grandmother's house when we were cleaning it out. 

Having trouble keeping up with this thread haha. @TravelingCouple - Yay for the little follie that could! Fx for you!!! 
  • Options
    @beanship I use glass jars!  :)
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @lund I'm sorry girl. I hope after chatting with your husband and the RE you guys can come up with a good game plan that you're happy with. 
  • Options
    @LeilaK9288 @lund So sorry for the bad news  :/ Ughhhhhh sending lots of hugs  <3

@dragonette505 Thank you!
  • Options
    @lund aw man I'm so sorry. I'm not knowledgeable about AMH but I also read It Starts with the Egg and found it informational.

@purplg8r They are similar procedures: ICI inserts the sperm into the cervix, IUI inserts into the uterus so it's higher up for IUI. My RE does both ICI and IUI two days in a row, respectively.
  • Options
    @TravelingCouple ahh. Ok. Thank you for explaining!
  • Options
    @madspunk It's an older book that I think may be out of print. I got mine used from Amazon. It's FANTASTIC. It has diagrams and graphs and explains in detail how each different hormone affects the ovulation process and how PCOS alters those hormones. It's like a mini medical textbook on PCOS except written for lay readers. I basically bought and read every single book on PCOS I could get my hands on, and I can't recommend that book enough. 
  • Options
    @beanship Order placed! I'm excited to get it Now I just have to wait a week for it to come in...