July 2017 Moms

Randoms 6/18-6/24

Re: Randoms 6/18-6/24

• @nktrodden826 - good!! Maybe my doctor accidentally was too rough or something. I'll see how this week's check goes! 
    How'd it go? Are you dilated at all?
  • @ginger1228 yeah must be! I find the male obgyns are SO gentle and the females know how much we can take so they're not as gentle! Lol 

No dilation, but cervix is very soft but i didn't ask if softness meant anything exciting. My dr office doesn't do cervical checks until 36 weeks (I'm 35 weeks, tomorrow) but she wanted to make sure so I can still fly this week! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't even know about cervical exams until this thread.  Now I'm dreading it.

I'm afraid of waxing.  I have a terribly low pain threshold.  Last month, I went in blind with a razor.  Ended up with two very painful ingrown hairs that took a while to heal.  But I still want to "clean up" that area before delivery so I'm probably going to just pop on a new razor and try again.
  • I have an electric trimmer that looks like the same one DH uses on his beard. I just trimmed recently because we went to the beach this weekend, and I shaved my bikini line using a hand mirror. 

My doctor's office waits until 38 weeks to do any cervical checks. Man, you guys have some different experiences! I'll just hope for the best. I'm sure it won't feel very comfortable, but hopefully it won't be painful. I wish I had just one OB/GYN because I typically go to a male gynecologist, and I've had some rough exams with female gynecologists. There's only one male gyno I see, and the rest are a combination of lady nurse practitioners and OB/GYNs. 

• AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited June 2017
    I'm declining all cervical checks this pregnancy. Until I go in for my induction, of course. Its just not worth it to get undressed just for that, when normally it's a quick easy appointment. 

I feel like we've talked a lot about pubic hair here. Last time I did zero maintenance and went in with a full bush. Never thought anything of it. This time I decide to trim a little, but now I'm regretting it because my electric shaver died (I think for good) so now I have to either buy a new one or find another method and I don't really feel like it.
  • @ginger1228 Do 10 at a time, and then take a break.  It goes quicker.
  • I've been shaving blind for a while now. I coach swimming and I'm not comfortable wearing a bathing suit without my daily upkeep. 

@ginger1228 I'm terrible at thank you cards! My shower isn't until Friday and I know if I don't get them out right away, I'll end up procrastinating for far too long. I sent out my bridal shower thank you cards in combination with my wedding...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ooh that's a good motivator @LuLiLaEv!

@chiquita928 - that's actually a great idea and makes me feel less overwhelmed at the thought of doing it. Thanks!

@jkbrownstein - I remember feeling more motivated with my wedding/bridal shower thank yous. But I just have no desire to do these and I don't know why - I'm probably also a lot more tired this time around though!
  • TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited June 2017
    @ginger1228 Umm is three weeks a long time? Because the shower MIL threw for me was at the end of April, and I only started doing thank you notes on Friday. 

I hate writing thank you notes.  I am not ungrateful.  I just think the idea that it's rude for me not to send a thank you note even though I thanked the people at the shower profusely when they gave DH and me the gift is dumb.  And it pisses me off that the bride/mother is expected to write the thank you notes.  MIL will not stop nagging me about them, but never once said a word to DH.  She even wanted us to write a thank you note to her.  Is that normal?  I have very little experience with these things.
  • @Twinkiedoll - I actually don't think 3 weeks is long at all. I just meant to do them right away so I feel like I've put it off for three weeks. I want to do them before baby comes and I'm due in three weeks (!!!) so I feel like I need to get on it!

I feel the same way you do about thank you cards for my mom and MIL. I'll do it, but I feel like it's silly when I see them all the time and have been able to thank them over and over and they know that I've already got their gifts set up and ready so I obviously love it and am using it. 

All that said, I judge the heck out of people who don't send out thank yous. I do see how it can be different for a shower bc you told them thanks in person. But it drives me crazy when a wedding gift doesn't get acknowledged. Or once I mailed a gift for a baby shower that I couldn't attend and I never received any kind of thank you. I'm not even sure if they received the gift since it wasn't acknowledged. 
  • @ginger1228 my shower was about 3 weeks ago now and I just sent my thank-you's out, so don't feel bad! I hate writing them too, and exactly like @twinkiedoll it's not that I'm ungrateful! For me, it's just finding time to sit down and write a personal note to everyone. 

Kudos to everyone taking the time and effort to get waxed before birth!! I'm in the "couldn't care less" camp. My OB has been doing this for 40 years, I figured I'm a rather boring patient compared to some others he's probably seen. Occasionally I'll do some bikini-line touch up, but I don't care about being bare down there during labor. 
  • @ginger1228 DH helped me write a few of the thank you notes and that was a big help. Maybe you can enlist your DH to write ones to his family members/friends? I only had like 20 to write and I just sat and cranked the notes out and then addressed the envelopes afterwards. 
  • No @cait32 - I love that idea! We did that with our wedding thank you notes. I thought about doing that this time too. I did a thank you photo card and then also included a handwritten thank you note that was specific to each person. 

@crzyforbabies - I might have to enlist H! His family is so small and they're all far out of town so he only had around 4 people there that were specific to his side of the family. But he can do some others. My friends would probably love his cards - he has a really silly sense of humor so his cards would probably be entertaining!
  • clioclio member
    @cait32 That's a great idea! When my friends threw me a shower for my first DD they insisted that I not bother with thank you notes. That's when I knew I had some awesome people in my life. Honestly, I am so bad at thank you notes that I'd almost rather not have a shower at all. 
  • @julybaby17-2 I don't think pap smears are painful, and I didn't find the cervical check to be painful either. 

Re: thank yous: I didnt send mine out for my wedding until three months after. Tons of people gave us money, and we used the money to go ti Italy, so I wanted to send a photo of us from the wedding and from Italy.... ergo I had to wait until we took the trip. I had my baby shower at the end of april, and I still havent finished them. At this rate, Ill be sending birth announcements before the thank yous. And I agree with @Twinkiedoll. I already thanked you at the shower, probably multiple times. Why must I kill trees and send you a note you're only going to throw away? Such a waste :( 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @cait32 I did that for our wedding!  It came out really nice.

I had thought about doing that again for the baby.  But since I'm a FTM, I didn't want to assume I would have my act together after the baby comes to get the cards printed, written out, and mailed in a reasonable time after the baby comes.  Plus, MIL's baby shower was already two months ago and MIL is antsy about the fact that my thank you cards haven't been sent out already. 

@ginger1228  I agree with you on the thank you notes for the people who were unable to attend the baby shower, wedding etc.  I think those are appropriate.  I was just thinking about the thank you notes for the people who did come and whom I already thanked in person profusely and repeatedly.
  • I don't think anyone actually enjoys sending out thank you cards. But, I totally judge people who don't send me one, and my family would freak if I didn't. My family can be over dramatic when it comes to saying thank you. Super childish, in my opinion anyway. 

For one of my showers, they had everyone fill out the address of thank you cards durIng the shower. I wasn't sure how to interpret this. Was is super pushy or convenient? I'm still unsure.  
  • @julybaby17-2 I have to disagree with you. My grandmother 100% enjoys sending out thank yous. She sends us thank you notes just for seeing her on holidays. No one would do that unless they enjoy it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • kerils said:
    @julybaby17-2 I have to disagree with you. My grandmother 100% enjoys sending out thank yous. She sends us thank you notes just for seeing her on holidays. No one would do that unless they enjoy it. 
    That's so cute  :'(<3
  • One of the bright spots in not having a shower for my second baby (or receiving any gifts at all, now that I think about it :|) is not having to write thank you cards!! I hate them!
  • @cait32 +1. I do it because it's polite. But I hate getting them. And sending them. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @manillabar What on earth??? hahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @manillabar - Hahahahahaha!!!!! 
  • @manillabar I had someone ask me the exact same question lol. ... I think what they mean to ask is if the baby is kicking you at night ? I was so confused Lol
  • @busyzee I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but after I told her the baby was still inside she was actually surprised. Like "oh, you haven't delivered yet? When are you due again?" -_-  No excuse lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar- why on earth would she have assumed you had already delivered? Maybe you were just looking really good that day ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • New random topic...I'm 36 weeks as of today. Is it too soon and too harsh to tell DH he can't drink?  I'm worried I'll go into labor and have him show up all tipsy. He's "taking it easy" but he sometimes gets carried away. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • New random topic...I'm 36 weeks as of today. Is it too soon and too harsh to tell DH he can't drink?  I'm worried I'll go into labor and have him show up all tipsy. He's "taking it easy" but he sometimes gets carried away. 
    Nope, just make sure you tell him when he's sober lol. 
  • My random is, I saw a few birthing videos, and they all look like they are handling raw chicken and not a baby and it freaks me out! It looks like such rough handling! I thought new borns were all delicate and you had to be very careful with them. 

Im actually horrified. 
  • kerils said:
    @julybaby17-2 I have to disagree with you. My grandmother 100% enjoys sending out thank yous. She sends us thank you notes just for seeing her on holidays. No one would do that unless they enjoy it. 
    That's the cutest thing ever! I stand corrected, haha. 
  • BusyZee said:
    My random is, I saw a few birthing videos, and they all look like they are handling raw chicken and not a baby and it freaks me out! It looks like such rough handling! I thought new borns were all delicate and you had to be very careful with them. 

Im actually horrified. 
    Rule number 1, NEVER watch birthing videos! Yes, babies are delicate, but not as delicate as we think. 
  • @manillabar  your siggy is making me crave fried chicken!!