July 2017 Moms

Randoms 6/18-6/24

Re: Randoms 6/18-6/24

• manillabarmanillabar member
    edited June 2017
    @satsumasandlemons me too! lol I will consider it a win if I make it through this week without getting fried chicken.

ETA: @notachanski I can only hope that maybe that was the reason lol 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @BusyZee I'll never forget my doctor saying "honey, he's not going to break" when I first had DS! 

And I never thought about the drinking thing until I was talking to a girlfriend a month or so ago whose husband got so drunk he ended up passing out at a friends house and she gave birth in like 3 hours and by the time he woke up he had a 6hr old daughter. My husband doesn't drink or if he does it's like a beer or two with his buddies so I won't say anything but I'd wait to see if you're dilated at your next appt and if they say baby could be coming I'd give him a heads up of your expectations. But I'd imagine "uh babe my water just broke" would be an instant buzz kill for him anyways! 
    My BFF had her first 2 weeks early on her husband's birthday.  They had had a party the night before and he drank quite a bit.  Her water broke in the middle of the night and he was too drunk to drive to the hospital.  While she was in labor, the nurses were feeding HIM ice chips because he was drunk and then hungover.  I think his punishment is that his daughter now shares his birthday so that it will never really be 'his' again.  But in preparation for this I told my husband from now on, no drinking so much he's not able to drive!
  • My random, brought to you all by my mother (thanks mom!)....I'm now terrified that my DH is going to be in the middle of pouring concrete on a big project when I go into labour. He owns his construction business, so he can't just leave in the middle of a pour unless he has enough skilled guys there (which he doesn't always). My labour with DD was 2.5 hours from start to finish so waiting might not be an option. 

Thanks for putting that fear in my head, mom! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • 1. I love the waxing talk. I've gotten one each month of this pregnant (including last Thursday) and I have one more to go just before the due date. For me it's not how it looks to the doctors, it's how it feels to me and the threat of the dry shave. Seems demoralizing. I know I've said it before but shitting on the table doesn't phase me... it's the dry shave. 

2. Thank you notes + sobriety =  :'(. I had three showers and sent out the notes for the first one pretty quickly but have since faltered. 

3. My husband will probably be sneaking drinks in L&D. No way he's making it through all the blood and schmutz without some help. I can only imagine the look he would give me if I tried to stop him from drinking starting like, now. Not saying he wouldn't maybe do it at some point if I told him I felt strongly but he would not be pleased.
  • On the cervix checks-
    From what my OBGYN told me last pregnancy, they have a tendency to hurt if the cervix is still hard. The softer the cervix the less pain (supposedly). I can attest to this as my cervix checks got less painful as time went on. So hopefully that helps some of you guys feel better. For me it was uncomfortable and it makes you want to squirm but it isn't THAT bad. My doctor had short fingers which was not helpful.
  • This was posted on a local FB parents page - advice against putting a blanket (even a thin muslin blanket) over a car seat/stroller to block the sun:
    https://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/the-dangerous-stroller-mistake-most-parents-make/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialwf
  • A very random, random. I have no appetite anymore. Like none. But today, a brownie was just too yummy looking not to eat. I know feel terrible, like I'm going to vomit. So ready to get this baby out!!!
  • I had my second cervical check today and it didn't hurt. Phew! All I felt was pressure this time. She said my cervix was in a different position last week so that could be why it hurt so bad. I'm bleeding again but I can handle that. 
    I'm sorry if I scared anyone about their check! 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 thanks for that link!! I posted a question somewhere on here last week about car seat covers, so I appreciate the additional info. 
  • I had my second cervical check today and it didn't hurt. Phew! All I felt was pressure this time. She said my cervix was in a different position last week so that could be why it hurt so bad. I'm bleeding again but I can handle that. 

I have decided to opt out of my 36 week check. Lol...
  • BusyZee said:
    I had my second cervical check today and it didn't hurt. Phew! All I felt was pressure this time. She said my cervix was in a different position last week so that could be why it hurt so bad. I'm bleeding again but I can handle that. 

I have decided to opt out of my 36 week check. Lol...
    Haha I honestly don't blame you! I'm 37 weeks now. The 36 week check was the one that hurt!
  • A very random, random. I have no appetite anymore. Like none. But today, a brownie was just too yummy looking not to eat. I know feel terrible, like I'm going to vomit. So ready to get this baby out!!!
    This is so me. I have a cup of coffee and a string cheese in the morning (only thing I can stomach) and that usually holds me over until about 3 pm and DH gets home at 3:30 and starts cooking dinner around 5:00 to eat at 5:30-6:00 so I usually just wait. So done. 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 thanks for posting that - I didn't know, and I'm not even an FTM! (I feel like we probably did that a few times before it started cooling down, too. With these july kids, we'll have months of hot weather this time so I'm very happy I read this article!)
  • I have not done much to prepare for baby yet
     We have most things, they are just in the basement. The bassinet still needs assembled. I am 35 wks and baby has dropped. I know in my head that this doesn't mean anything really, but can't help but feel like I need to panic and get things together. I keep trying to tell myself the facts. 
  • @WeddingNotes13 I haven't done much either. I'm hoping the influx of baby stuff at my shower tomorrow will motivate me to get moving. Also me working 3 jobs will finally go down to 1 on Wednesday, that will certainly help. 

Push comes to shove, a newborn doesn't need much and the hospital gives you a lot. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still a little confused about covering the baby.
    wouldn't being in the shade help to cool down the temperature inside anyway? I don't like the idea of wrapping a cloth so tightly over the stroller or seat but a light breathable cover should work... no?  
    Please correct me if I'm missing something! :) 
  • BusyZee said:
    I'm still a little confused about covering the baby.
    wouldn't being in the shade help to cool down the temperature inside anyway? I don't like the idea of wrapping a cloth so tightly over the stroller or seat but a light breathable cover should work... no?  
    Please correct me if I'm missing something! :) 
    I assume its similar to carrying an umbrella vs. Wearing a long sleeved shirt. Both provide sun protection, but you're going to be a heck of a lot warmer wrapped in fabric.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited June 2017
    Hmm yeah I suppose.
    Personally, I do feel much cooler with a fully covered top (breezy, not fitted) vs when my skin is in direct contact with the sun! 

Either way it's not that serious I can easily make sure to be in the shade as much as possible! I also plan on getting those hand held Battery operated fans because they are LIFE! 
  • Completely covered, even with a breathable fabric will make the baby hotter and will prevent proper air flow. 

...and now for something completely off topic because this is the random thread.
    My shower is tomorrow and I can't decide which dress I want to wear. My DH's favorite is currently the red one but I'm still not sure. Your opinions are very much appreciated, thank you in advance!

• What time of the day is it? And what will go more with the theme of the shower? I like the black and the short red one
  • It's at 2pm and I'm not sure of the theme, my aunt it throwing it. 
  • I like the black one too! The short red is my second favorite :)
  • I vote for the black! Any of them would work but that's my favorite. 
  • I was going to say either of the red ones. Lol. They all look nice though. Have a great time! 
  • Yes, the black one or the short red one. 
  • I vote short red first with long red as a close second
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I vote short red!
  • I like the black but you can't go wrong- three cute options!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I vote long red!
  • LM1007LM1007 member
    I like the long orange/red dress. 
  • carol113carol113 member
    edited June 2017
    Short red!
  • Let us know which one you chose! All are super cute.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker