October 2017 Moms
Options

UO

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    riverrainez said:

*snip*

Maybe this convo should be moved to the PG?
    Agreed. I'll start a thread! 
  • Options
    @jessirh  I started one

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I don't understand fidget spinners. What is the point and do people realize how dumb they look?

eta: this could be because I am very uncool and not up on the new cool thing
    apparently they have been around forever and they are good for kids who are autistic and helps them calm down and focus. but now that it is a toy that is all the rage and banned from a lot of schools it in turn affects the autistic kids who truly needed them and now they can't.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I heard that there is a lady who had a patent for the fidget spinners and made like.. nothing off of it for years. Not long ago someone approached her wanting to buy the patent so she sold it to them. Then they went around and got SUPER popular and she definitely lost out on a lot of money. Oops.

I don't know if it is a valid story or not so don't quote me on that.
  • Options
    I'm not over in the PG but if you guys want to invite me to join - just send me a PM here.

I admin'ed our prior one, and just PM'ed people here for emails and sent them email invites to the group I believe.  I'm not sure if that's how it still works.  We also had a file in the group that decoded screenname > facebook name.
    Same here. I originally joined the private group but never participated - honestly I forgot about it and because I'm mobile 100% of the time it wasn't easy to find.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I don't understand fidget spinners. What is the point and do people realize how dumb they look?

apparently they have been around forever and they are good for kids who are autistic and helps them calm down and focus. but now that it is a toy that is all the rage and banned from a lot of schools it in turn affects the autistic kids who truly needed them and now they can't.
    Well now I feel like a dick

• Options

It's my understanding (from taking with teacher friends) that kids can still have their spinners if they're written into the kid's IEP
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 don't feel like a dick i had no idea either haha. my friend has a teen with autism and i did the same thing as you and she was like well they do have a reason. ho hum, cone of shame. but for the general population of kids they are stupid so i stand behind you on that :p
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    JessDGJessDG member
    I think that's true, many kids have a fidget spinner or something similar in their IEP and teachers are required to follow those.  The problem them becomes explaining to the other kids why a classmate can have one and they can't.   My students are older and we haven't had much of an issue, but I know friends in elementary schools are not fans. 
  • Options
    +1 for facebook. I get tired of the Bump, and sometimes forget about it. I'd be way more active on facebook.
    \

• Options
    My UO...get ready guys. We are vegan and will be raising this LO as such. 
    \

• Options
    @Brambles23 PG stands for private group. Search the Bump's groups for "We Believe in Science" and send in a request to join! 
  • Options
    My UO is I don't think kids should get ceremonies for graduating kindergarten. They just had one for graduating pre-k. It's weird and pointless.

Also I love Instagram.

Not all kids go to pre-k. But I think all of those graduations are silly. High school and college should be the only graduation ceremonies. I feel like we make a big deal about too many mundane things.