**TW**
BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
TTCAL 6/15/16
BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
BabyFetus Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: UO 6/15

• Options
    @ChelK3 I agree with both of your UOs. My kids have shoes on from the time they can walk, period. Before that socks\tights are on. 

AFM sex=gender, gender=sex. I believe both to be God given physical characteristics of your genetics. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ChelK3  I can't believe the store doesn't have a policy against bringing pets into the grocery store!  So gross!
  • Options
    @ChelK3 I agree with the no shoes.. my work isn't a public building, but there are over 1000 people who walk through the same hallways with who knows what on the bottom of their shoes, and some people just mosey around barefoot! Bleh, makes me gag just thinking about it! 
  • Options
    jlemons-2 said:
    I get unnecessarily annoyed when people come on here and throw out that they were active on their last BMB when it has nothing to do with their standing on this board (new people requires new effort), andplusalso the board they mention is MY old BMB and um "NO YOU WERENT". Hormones man, hormones. 
     :D haha this is funny.  i get it, though and i agree!  

unrelated, but i just realized i have been a bump member for over 11 years last month, which cracks me up.  i have never been very active on any boards.  i always start out trying to be but then i fall off the boards.  i am trying to do better this time around!  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Together since May 19, 2001

Baby #1 was born in May 2013.

Baby #2 was born in December 2017.

• Options
    ChelK3ChelK3 member
    @Amber_Waves I feel like there probably is a policy against it. No one wants to kick a puppy out of the store though, and everyone just thinks it's soo cute and sees nothing wrong with it. We actually had a dog get loose in the store one time. It was running around, knocking things off shelves, knocking over old ladies, it was madness! And what does everyone do? Catch the dog, take it to breakroom, feed it, and play with it for the next hour while the owner continued shopping, like we were a freaking doggy day care! 
  • Options
    I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but @GraysonsMama, are you saying that you don't believe that people are born one sex and can identify with another gender?  

• Options
    KirssKirss member
    @KathrynJ088 Where I work  I've seen people walk barefoot down the hall. It caught me by surprise, like no that didn't just happen! Then I seen it again, took a pic and sent it to my friends. If your shoes are that uncomfortable that you can't keep them on 9-5 at your desk... get better shoes. 

@ChelK3 If I was in charge I'd be so pissed! I'm not paying people to dog sit.... 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @clovelyone I absolutely agree with that. Sex and gender are not cut and dry at all. 
  • Options
    @jlemons-2  i must be an acquired taste.  :D

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @anewadventure I have acquired a taste for you. I blame my last BMB, it was 90% snark.
  • Options

I think the TTGP board is unwelcoming, specifically because of the unwritten rules of the weekly grad thread. I still visit TTGP only to lurk in the grad threads because I am genuinely hopeful for the people on the board and because I love to hear good news about BFPs – regardless if you just started trying or if you have been trying for 3 years. However, the rules I speak of basically say that you should not post your BFP in the grad thread if you are new. I have noticed a handful of times where this happens... when the poster is deemed too new to share in the grad thread and gets flamed for it. At one point there was even some talk within the board to post a flow chart that basically says you should only post in the grad thread if you regularly post in the daily threads and have been on the board for at least 3 months. I think it’s very possible to make connections and get involved in less than 3 months (look at all of us... we’ve only been here since the beginning of April at the longest, which was less than 3 full months ago). 

I think the weekly grad thread is really helpful to people who are TTGP or who are possibly already pregnant but haven’t tested positive yet. I used to find these threads super informative. I would literally go back months and months to find old threads to see what kind of symptoms each of these women were having right before they got their BFPs, and it didn't matter if I knew the poster or not. I did not post in the grad thread when I got my BFP despite the fact that I had been trying for 7 cycles (including a loss), contributed on occasion and lurked a LOT. I didn’t post only because I was worried about pissing off the regs. I DID want to post though, not to bask in my good news, but to share my story – whether to inform someone of my early pregnancy symptoms or to encourage a TTGPAL woman. 

All I’m saying is that there is a big difference between a drive-by poster and someone who lurks and contributes on occasion. I think the TTGP regs are missing out on learning from people who want to post in the grad thread but are too afraid of being flamed by the regs. And for what it’s worth, they flame pretty good. It’s not uncommon to see multiple comments, one after the next, to try and make the original poster feel as crappy as possible – this of course is in response to the drive-bys (I’m not defending drive-bys) but in the process, I'm sure they scare off the sort of-kind of new 1-3 cycles people. The flow chart I mentioned earlier actually encourages people in this category to just skip the grad thread and move right on to their BMB -- like basically saying that if you got lucky within the first 3 months of TTGP, your news is not welcome here. Just a bit uninviting if you ask me. 

(Former TTGPers and current lurkers, don't stone me. FWIW, I am honest when I say I am genuinely happy to see good news in the grad thread. I know there were a few big ones this week and it really is awesome)

Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @anewadventure - you're like a fine wine!  Acquired taste.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @anewadventure I have acquired a taste for you. I blame my last BMB, it was 90% snark.

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    breezybee said:
    I'm sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, but @GraysonsMama, are you saying that you don't believe that people are born one sex and can identify with another gender?  

Yes, I just don't believe that gender is something you choose. Sure, you may not be traditionally "masculine" or "feminine", but I do think you are either male or female (or hermaphroditic in some cases) and that it is determined in utero. I know this is a very unpopular opinion. 
  • Options
    I have another one. I like the girls on TTGP. I have definitely spent some time lurking there and I still secretly watch for some to get their BFPs. Okay, now for my opinion. If you are in TTGP, you know exactly how the culture works and hate when people "walk into a room of strangers and jump in on a conversation" yet here you are. And not even a lurker warning this time. It's not the first time either. She said it was unpopular for a reason. 
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 The other women weren't being rude at all - they were just explaining why things are the way they are.  And in a very nice way.  No one is attacking @peachy13 for her opinion.
  • Options
    I didn't say they were rude at all. In any way. I just said they are commenting on this thread and expect different in their own. Also I would never just start chatting to someone in there because I'm respectful. 
  • Options
    @jlemons-2  It seemed to me that it was being implied.  NBD, I just wanted to point out that they were respectfully sharing their opinion.