February 2018 Moms
Options

Ultrasound pics!

Re: Ultrasound pics!

• Options
    mblomq2 said:
    @chucksmom15 @mommaSG I'm due 2/8! But unfortunately I don't get an ultrasound until 13 weeks and then again at 20 weeks. I think I'll go nuts waiting another month and a half so I bought a baby Doppler online in hopes that I can hear something. 
    Haha i am there with you on the having to wait part its torture 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a question for all you ladies who have gotten ultrasounds at 5-9 weeks. Is it your doctor’s standard practice to do ultrasounds that early, did you insist on getting them despite it not being their standard practice, or were there special circumstances? FTM here, and I don’t think my doctor typically does ultrasounds until 12-13 weeks. I’m super bummed about it. Thanks!
  • Options
    @megane0321 Mine only does them for high risk pregnancies, though I'm sure there are other circumstances. I only get them early due to past early losses so my OB can monitor
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    I have a question for all you ladies who have gotten ultrasounds at 5-9 weeks. Is it your doctor’s standard practice to do ultrasounds that early, did you insist on getting them despite it not being their standard practice, or were there special circumstances? FTM here, and I don’t think my doctor typically does ultrasounds until 12-13 weeks. I’m super bummed about it. Thanks!
    mine wont typically see someone til they are 10 to 13 weeks and i will be goi g the day before i am 11 weeks. 2 more weeks feels like a life time
  • Options
    My OB does a dating US between 6-8 weeks for everyone. But all practices are different and waiting is SO hard! 
  • Options
    Drs. standard practice to do an ultrasound at 8 weeks to confirm due date, and then a pap smear at 10 weeks.  I was excited for the ultrasound we got the see the baby, his ( projecting :)) little head and hear his heartbeat!  My official due date is Feb 2, but by measurements it looks more like Jan. 31, however the Dr. won't officially change the due date unless it's off by over 10 days between size and  Date of last menstral period.  So not excited for next weeks pap smear though :(  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    mpp06mpp06 member
    @mamaof5already I got everything done my first appointment. My husband went with me as he had every time, but leaving he said, "I am so glad I'm not a woman." Haha! Vaginal ultrasound, Pap smear, bloodwork. But I was glad to have it all over with!
    To the original question, I think each practice is different. My Dr does them early but I think it's for dating and peace of mind. She always tells me seeing that heartbeat is so reassuring.
  • Options
    got to hear heartbeat and see our little bean! Due date is Feb 17th
  • Options
    Six weeks, due 2/22/18. We got to hear the heartbeat which was 130. Hearing the heartbeat was so emotional and amazing. 
  • Options
    @megane0321 our office does a dating US between 6-8 then usually one at 12 weeks and 20 weeks and that's it unless you go a week over (need to check baby and condition if placenta) or if there are any causes for concern. 
  • Options
    First US was today, supposed to be 8weeks 5 days but only saw a yolk sack with no baby. They said it's possible I'm just later than I thought but I'm having a hard time going with that since I was temping to determine ovulation date and I got a positive pregnancy test a month ago, just don't know how that works mathematically. Feeling crushed since this is how our 1st pregnancy before DD ended but hoping for the best when I go back next Friday. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @littletrollmama I'm so sorry you are going through this, it must be difficult and the unknown is really tough. I hope that maybe the timing was off and things in your next ultrasound show progression. Take care of yourself

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    starlastarla member
    @littletrollmama I'm so sorry. Good luck next Friday. We're here to support you, no matter what. So many creepy internet hugs!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @littletrollmama I'm sorry, I hope you get good news at your next visit!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @littletrollmama I'm sorry for the disappointing ultrasound. Sending you lots of positive vibes and hoping for a positive update next week! 
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks ( EDD is February 5th). This was my 8 week ultrasound though I was measuring around 8w2d.
  • Options
    Ultrasound last Friday measuring at 8w 4d which was a couple days behind what we were thinking but happy to hit the 9w mark today:) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My ultrasound put me right at 6 weeks which was perfect with the timing I had figured. My EDD is 2/23/18. Doesn't look like much yet but the tech showed me the heartbeat (it looked like a flutter on the screen) but it was too soon to measure it. I go back again in a couple weeks to make sure all is well. Have had 2 episodes of bleeding and bad cramping so they want to make sure all is headed in the right direction still. Love looking at everyone's US pics. It's so amazing to watch them grow. 
  • Options
    7 ish weeks, hb of 150.. I won't see the dr until the 11th then she can finally give me a due date and I will know how far along I am exactly. Has anyone heard of the ramzi theory to predict sex? I think this would be a girl from what I've read! Obviously I'm not putting a ton of stock in it but it's still fun to guess!
  • Options
    hullabalouhullabalou member
    edited July 2017
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    6 week 4 days little peanut! Such a relief to see that heartbeat on the screen!  
  • Options
    It depends on the Drs office; mine does one at the first appointment just to confirm a live pregnancy; after that they send me to a diagnostics office to do the ultrasounds because their office doesn't have an advanced ultrasound machine.  But also unless you are high risk then it isn't common to have a lot of ultrasounds.
  • Options
    Here is 6 weeks, this thursday im getting another ultrasound at 10 weeks
  • Options

We had our first ultrasound on Thursday, a perfect heartbeat and found out that the due date is on Valentine's Day!! We are so excited

• Options
    kscsjn08kscsjn08 member
    edited July 2017
    first ultrasound today :smile:
    Due date = 14/2/18
  • Options
    kscsjn08kscsjn08 member
    edited July 2017
  • Options
    @kscsjn08 I would crop your info out of the ultrasound 
  • Options
    Finally got to have our first ultrasound today!!! I'm at 9 weeks and 2 days, and the baby measured exactly that. Heart rate was 161 bpm, and we got to watch the heart beat on the monitor. The baby was bouncing and wiggling on the screen it was adorable. Did anyone else cry at their first ultrasound?! 

I just cried of joy. I'm 9 weeks 3 days. I have my appt on Saturday! I will probably cry there too haha 
  • Options
    ashhsaashhsa member
    Here is my little sprout- I've had some spotting so was so relived- I'm 7w1day measuring 1 day ahead. Heart rate 140bpm