October 2017 Moms
Options

Random Chats | 6/5

Re: Random Chats | 6/5

• Options
    We tend to argue about finances when working on a budget so I've been avoiding it lately. We are both open and on the same page, but DH is incredibly technical and goes so overboard with spreadsheets that there is no way in hell we can use it. So just having a simple budget that we can both see turns into this week long ordeal of him creating a 10 tab multi-page excel document that never completely works right, so neither one of us touch it again. This happens every 6 months or so. Great intentions on his part, but budgeting stresses me out. I love reading about it though, like Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If you decide you like it, I can probably get you a discount with a referral code! I also highly recommend taking one of their free webinars when you get started. :)
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Woohoo thanks @jessafishy, hoping it is something we like.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I should be more into budgeting but I'm not. I have automatic transfers into my savings, retirement, and DS college accounts every month and then I just eyeball my balance and call it good. Maybe budgeting will be one of my 2018 goals.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like a weekly budgeting check-in here would be a good idea to help keep everyone on track and accountable 
  • Options
    @purplestarz I actually keep an eye on their job openings regularly. Most of their jobs are WFH remotely. I just need to get my technical skills in place haha.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @ariz17 good luck! I hope baby cooperates!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited June 2017
    I just put my YNAB referral link in my siggy so if you guys decide you like it you can find it easily! You get a free month if you decide to use it.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Hey also, what do stms think of a babymoon at 7 months? 3 hour drive, just hanging out at a resort with a pool all day. Will I be too uncomfortable or is that a good timeframe to do it?
    Do it! Where do you live? Is it gonna be super hot? I am in Vegas and it's so hot I can't wait to move so I can float in the pool all day. A 3 hour drive isn't too bad. You will probably need a bathroom break during travel so you can stretch your legs. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    migdalamigdala member
    edited June 2017
    @bluejeanbabi05 I'm a FTM but I say do it!  3 hours can't be that bad and it's close enough that if anything happens you can just turn around and come right home!
  • Options
    I am having problems with a paralegal and I'm starting to think it's a power struggle thing on her end.  I gave her a good review last year because her husband asked for a divorce last August and I felt bad for her and attributed her slackitude to that.  But it's a year later and she's even worse.  I'm having to do filings I shouldn't be doing because I'll ask her and she'll say she's too busy.  Meanwhile I billed 11 hours yesterday.  I'm not good at confrontation so I'll probably just wait until her review to say anything but I feel lousy about that because if it were me I would want the feedback in advance.  This prob belongs in the BF thread, sorry.  But bleh I hate this ish.
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I'm scratching my head on this one, what kind of math is she using??

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    It's totally my pet peeve when people count 4 weeks as a month during pregnancy. EVEN WORSE when they continue to do that after the baby is born and you wonder how their kid is advancing in months so quickly.
    Yea this seriously drives me crazy. 
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I think you should be fine especially if it is mostly relaxing. 

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @migdala sorry lady. Power struggles at work are not the business. She sounds like she's taking advantage of your kindness and it should stop. I hope your review helps clear the air!
  • Options
    Welp let me know when you guys start getting your glucose test results and I'll start a gd support thread because this girl has it *rolling eye emoji*

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 you mean you already got the results and they re positive? 
  • Options
    @melarowan don't threaten me with a good time!

• Options
    I'll know in about 2-4 weeks whether or not i'm rollin with the GD support crew. My mom had it... soooooo maybe I will too.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    yasandson said:
    @bluejeanbabi05 you mean you already got the results and they re positive? 
    Yep :(

eta: I failed two of the four blood draws, which the nurse described as "suggestive" of gd

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I totally reward myself with a blizzard every Friday for not being indulgent every other meal of the week.  It helps.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @melarowan and you have to stick your finger after every meal? How restrictive is the diet?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    My biggest fear is being induced early due to size concerns. I see my midwife in a couple weeks and will drill her about it then.

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 that stinks I hope your midwife gives you the news you want to hear
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I think I just need to get over myself and my fear of being induced. People do it every day. Gotta trust what the docs say 

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 boo, that stinks. Sorry lady.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 That sucks, I'm sorry.  I don't know anything about GD, guess it's time to go Google.  Do you have to go on a special diet or something?  Do they know why it happened or is it just a random thing?