October 2017 Moms
Options

Random Chats | 6/5

Re: Random Chats | 6/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 We're planning to put shelves on the wall for books. It's an awkward amount of wall space between the bedroom door and closet door, so furniture won't fit but shelves will be perfect! 
  • Options
    I need more vaccine advice!  DH's sister texted me this morning that she hasn't decided anything but will look into vaccines on her own and see if she's willing to break out of her mom's anti-vaxxer brainwashing (obv not her words) so she can come see Sloan right after the birth.  Because she reached out to me and not DH, I feel like maybe I should send her some reading materials, but I don't want to seem too aggressive about it because it's not like we're close -- we don't really talk except if I'm around when she calls DH.  I feel like I'm walking this weird political line, I want to educate her on how crucial it is to rely on peer-reviewed science rather than those effing ludicrous Mercola articles, but I'm worried that if I push at all she'll get spooked and entrench herself even more fully in her mom's crazy thinking.  Any ideas on how I should handle this?  I'm terrible at family politics.
  • Options
    Keep cooking, babies! (Wow, almost skipped the comma there, bad idea.)

Speaking of books, I'm a huge bookworm too so we will have (and already have) a huge collection of children's books. Where are you ladies keeping them? Buying a bookshelf for the nursery? I'm concerned about space btw the crib, changing table, glider and dresser
    We got this for DD for Christmas this year and I love it. She has a TON of books and somehow they all fit with room to spare. 

https://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-Bookcase-Reading-Nook-Furniture/dp/B01LIRL4C6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496768305&sr=8-1&keywords=book+nook 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JessDG look into Dolly Parton's imagination library. If you qualify, they will send you 1 free book a month for baby! 

• Options
    Like @beezeemarie we also have IKEA picture ledges we use in DS room for book shelves. For our baby shower, my mom put on the invite to bring your favorite children's book, so we got a lot of great books. Luckily DS loves being read to and looking at books, so we've had a lot of use it of them. 
  • Options
    @ariz17 way to go on drinking! The weekends are so hard for me to drink water. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @spark88 I am the same way on the weekends! At work I get bored and have nothing better to do than constantly fill up my water bottle, but I am such a slacker with water on the weeks. I usually feel crampy by Sunday night. 
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 totally realistic!   :D

I am feeling generally fine but my heart rate is still ridiculous whenever I am standing and talking.  Like literally just standing and talking... not doing anything actually strenuous.  Still debating going to get checked out but whenever I sit down or lay down I'm fine so I have the feeling I'd waste hours at urgent care for them to just tell me to sit down as much as possible.  

• Options
    @ChocolateIsLife your pup is adorable!  i heard the thunder shirt works.  glad it is helping.

all of this talk of books has me thinking...DH and i are headed out of town in a couple weeks without DS.  its a semi work trip so not exactly a baby moon.  but there will be downtime, so i need some book suggestions for me.  i havent read a book in FOREVER.  i am way overdue.  watcha got for me??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lola4411 thank you! I will definitely recommend it to anyone with pup struggles. 

I'm following this for some book recommendations as well. Anyone a Stephen King fan? I'm fixing to start the Dark Tower series.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lola4411 thank you! I will definitely recommend it to anyone with pup struggles. 

I'm following this for some book recommendations as well. Anyone a Stephen King fan? I'm fixing to start the Dark Tower series.
    @ChocolateIsLife AH! I LOVE Stephen King and love the Dark Tower series (I still have a few of them left to read) and I CANNOT wait for the movie coming out. I'm also stoked for the remake of It.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @lola4411 Do you like thrillers? I read "In A Dark, Dark Wood" by Ruth Ware a few months ago and finished it in 2 days, it hooked me.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @jessafishy woohoo to a fellow Stephen King fan!!! When I watched the trailer for Dark Tower it gave me chills. I want to read at least the first few books before the movie comes out, but I'm seeing it in the theater regardless! I hear that they are remaking The Stand as well, but there is so much to the story that I hope they make it into a trilogy of some sort.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    Speaking of thrillers... BF and I are trying to find a good murder mystery thriller show to watch. Any recommendations out there?
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife The Stand is actually one I haven't managed to read yet.

And if you like SK I'm sure you know this already but you HAVE to make it through Gunslinger and read Drawing of Three before you give up. Gunslinger is pretty slow. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @ariz17 have you seen the fall?
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    Watch this video! I think making a pair of jeans like this is going to be my project tonight.

https://www.diyncrafts.com/22026/lifehacks/make-pair-jeans-perfect-maternity

• Options
    @jessafishy i am open to reading anything!  i will check it out. thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @carries2018 No! I just looked it up though and it looks good!