November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms: June 5th

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms: June 5th

• Options
    Maybe I'll join for a Fake 30. I can't (won't) give up alcohol in the summer :kissing_closed_eyes:
    I don't think I even remember what alcohol tastes like! I got pregnant in the Fall of 2013 and between pregnancies, breastfeeding and Whole30, I haven't had anything since. Is it sad that it's been that long and I'm only just realizing it?
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ I've only had 2 drinks since getting pregnant. It was on our date night a month ago. I honestly don't miss it though so it's not a big deal right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 I'm right there with you. Don't want to give up my wine  :p
  • Options
    We survived the birthday! And nobody touched those stupid pies...
    haha, those pumpkin pies! Did you get a cake instead?
  • Options
    camcbeth said:
    We survived the birthday! And nobody touched those stupid pies...
    haha, those pumpkin pies! Did you get a cake instead?
    We had a giant ice cream cake all along. It was just last minute he bought an arsenal of cookies, an apple pie and a pumpkin pie like it was Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll freeze them for LO's birthday to make a passive aggressive point... oh, and the ice cream cake? Completely gone. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    S has fallen backwards on the carpet and her playmat a couple times. She was fine and sometimes didn't even cry. Now this little girl won't stop standing in her crib and she fell backwards and hit her head on the slats. She ended up with a bump and a bruise. She's acting completely normal but now that she's doing this all the time this can keep happening. Not sure what else I can do except work with her during the day to learn how to sit herself down.
  • Options
    hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited June 2017
    My GOT plan was to go a season a week. I started Sunday/Monday a few episodes into season one.

I just started the third season. :D
  • Options
    @tigerfish227 This is also my philosophy and I will take you a step further and say that sometimes I warn him not to do something a few times and when he keeps doing it I let him fall. And yeah, I realize he has no idea what "Don't lean like that or you'll fall" means but I figure part of him figuring out all these milestones is trying things and learning from the bumps and bruises.
  • Options
    @tigerfish227 That is normally what I do also.  S even fell back at the pedi office and hit her head on the wall.  The DR freaked out but I remained calm and said she'll be ok.  This situation bothered me more so just because she actually got a bruise from this fall and she hasn't from all the other times she fallen or tipped backwards.