February 2018 Moms
Options

*Introductions!*

Re: *Introductions!*

• Options
    neneconleyneneconley member
    edited August 2017

Kind of funny how your due date gets moved the same day that your BMB is "mean" to you. Also, if you comment and it's something we don't like, we will comment. Especially since you've already voiced your unwillingness to participate and contribute to OUR community and only intend on lurking. 
    Actually not funny since my change in date came from an emergency ultrasound my dr had to perform to check on my baby. And everyone knows that your due date can change. Sorry that doesnt make you happy, but as explained whether its liked or not the community is open for me to read or comment as i like. I dont recall reading i HAD to comment. So ill lurk and comment where i feel due. Have a blessed day the_other_mother. Dont look to be snarky for no reason. Be different. Be nice.

Edited here: i moved to the community before my due date was changed. My due date changed Thursday. Which i felt my first ultrasound was incorrect anyway but i had to wait until i was further to get another. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HI I'm a first time mum due on 21st February! Scan said the 20th February so pretty much the same as our calculations! I am very excited but nervous!!
  • Options
    kbrinks2 said:
    Hi Everyone!  I've been lurking for a while but thought it time to introduce myself :) This will be our second child, our daughter was born in November 2015 and I was part of that birth month club here on the bump.  EDD for this baby is February 16th.  YAY!
    I was also in the Novemeber 2015 birth month and we are due with baby #2 on Feb 16th!!
    Awesome coincidence!!!! I enjoyed that group a lot and have a feeling I will enjoy Feb 18 as well :)  
  • Options
    @furmompromoted, congratulations! Also, I find your demeanor towards step parenting refreshing and so sweet. Those kids are lucky to have you in their lives!
  • Options
    @megandnoodle thank you!! I was hoping that came across right! :smiley:
  • Options
    I realized I had never introduced myself... but I've been posting  :|
    #fail

Anyways. First time mom, due Feb. 11. And I joined here because I literally know nothing... so this app has been very helpful in guiding me through this new adventure!

Thanks in advance for sharing all your knowledge and putting up with my questions!!!
  • Options
    Also have posted a couple times, but not yet introduced, so here's my introduction! STM, due Feb. 14.  
  • Options

Hi Moms!

Well, I'm still a bit in shock to be here, but very excited!  My DS just turned 1 this month (August 2016 BMC), and DD is not quite 3 (September 2014 BMC).  I had been feeling a little off and took a home pregnancy test last week to get a fast BFP! That day I had blood work done to reveal a high HCG which my doctor further explained puts me at least at 8 weeks!  This morning was my confirming ultrasound, which dated me as 13w1d... due February 20!  I had no idea this was coming, but looking back at the past couple months, some of the minor signs were there.  We always discussed having a third, but I didn't think it would happen this quickly!  In a way, it's a relief to know my first trimester has been relatively easy and is over, but it's also a bit nerve-wracking knowing I haven't known I was pregnant this whole time! 

Also, I work full time and live with my lovely family in Georgia. Crazy to think we'll have 3 kiddos under 3.5 years!

• Options

Hi Moms!

Well, I'm still a bit in shock to be here, but very excited!  My DS just turned 1 this month (August 2016 BMC), and DD is not quite 3 (September 2014 BMC).  I had been feeling a little off and took a home pregnancy test last week to get a fast BFP! That day I had blood work done to reveal a high HCG which my doctor further explained puts me at least at 8 weeks!  This morning was my confirming ultrasound, which dated me as 13w1d... due February 20!  I had no idea this was coming, but looking back at the past couple months, some of the minor signs were there.  We always discussed having a third, but I didn't think it would happen this quickly!  In a way, it's a relief to know my first trimester has been relatively easy and is over, but it's also a bit nerve-wracking knowing I haven't known I was pregnant this whole time! 

Also, I work full time and live with my lovely family in Georgia. Crazy to think we'll have 3 kiddos under 3.5 years!

Well, that's an exciting surprise!  Welcome.  I'm in Georgia too.  I think there are a few us us on here.
  • Options

Hi Moms!

Welcome! I know what you mean about nerve-wrecking. I was 11 weeks when I confirmed my pregnancy. We were not trying, but not- not trying. I haven't been really sick besides minor things that, yes now looking back, I can see were symptoms. We went on a Vegas vacation and I had been pregnant unknowingly that whole time. Luckily, we are not big drinkers to begin with. 

But we heard the heartbeat and my doctor didn't seem concerned over like one Bloody Mary I had on vacation haha she actually pointed out that tomato juice is full of vitamins! I still will feel a lot better on Tuesday when we go in for our first ultrasound! I just need to see my peanut with my own two eyes. 

Congrats! It'll be busy but so much fun!! 
  • Options
    Thank you for the warm welcomes!  @olitwinturbosnprincess, it's nice to see another GA mom here!  @furmompromoted, itsn't it funny how the symptoms are so clear only in hindsight?  Glad you could hear a healthy heartbeat!  My doctor was similarly unconcerned, thankfully, about the couple "fun nights out" I recounted before knowing about the pregnancy.  At least you got a Vegas trip in before LO arrives!

• Options

Hi Moms!

DD1 will turn 3 the week before my EDD. It will be a fun time! 
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Pgal here, so happy to be joining you all! I work part time as an RN and have a vivacious 2 yr old daughter. Looking forward to laughing and learning with you all on this board!
    EDD: 2/25
  • Options
    @mayapple44 Please feel free to join in with us other PGALs on the weekly PGAL check in thread.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    Realwife said:
    Hi everyone! Hope I am not too late to join in the fun. After six long years of battling infertility, I am pregnant with a baby girl and due Feb. 27th. Thank you IVF!!!! Hubby and I are both older parents (I am 39, he is 37) and he is a full time student who will hopefully be graduating with an aerospace & mechanical engineering degree next May. We will be living in different states until my final trimester, so I am basically a million years old and flying solo for most of my pregnancy...oh and I know basically nothing about this process since I kind of assumed it was never gonna happen for me, so I can't wait to learn from y'all!  
    Welcome!
  • Options

Hello lovely ladies of February 2018! I am lurking from March 2018, where I've been since my BFP. But today I had my measuring u/s and am further along than I thought. DD is now 2-23-18 where as I had it at 3-2-18. I will be going back and forth from both boards if that's okay! I have made some pretty sweet friends in March and hope to get to know you ladies, too! :)

• Options

Hello lovely ladies of February 2018! I am lurking from March 2018, where I've been since my BFP. But today I had my measuring u/s and am further along than I thought. DD is now 2-23-18 where as I had it at 3-2-18. I will be going back and forth from both boards if that's okay! I have made some pretty sweet friends in March and hope to get to know you ladies, too! :)

For some reason your name over there rings a bell. Aren't you the one who caused a ruckus with the TTGP ladies?! 
  • Options

For some reason your name over there rings a bell. Aren't you the one who caused a ruckus with the TTGP ladies?! 
    Yes to what @lurvleybunchofcoconuts said, she apologized sincerely on TTGP, which was much appreciated.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    Yes, I sincerely apologize for anyone who I hurt! It was not intentional nor would I ever think it's okay to do such a thing, had I read the rules before posting. Thank you ladies for helping clear that up!
  • Options
    @jc0711 Welcome! Please feel free to join us on the weekly PGAL thread.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    Hello Everyone! I am due 2/21 with baby #4. DH and I have 3 girls already ages 10,2,1 years. This time around we have decided not to find out the gender. I'm now a SAHM while my husband is on orders, I am a Montessori teacher in the toddler age group and I absolutely love my job! Looking forward to getting to know y'all. 
  • Options
    bre073bre073 member
    edited August 2017

I was looking for a more active due date buddy group but I guess I'll need to keep searching. I'm not looking for people being rude when I ask an honest question because I didn't ask it in the right place. So I will not be joining your group. But still congrats on your pregnancies.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    bre073 said:

I was looking for a more active due date buddy group but I guess I'll need to keep searching. I'm not looking for people being rude when I ask an honest question because I didn't ask it in the right place. So I will not be joining your group. But still congrats on your pregnancies.

Yeah.. not our fault you didn't read the rules. 
  • Options
    Hello!
    This is my first post. Ever. Still have no clue what some of the abbreviations mean:)
    I am a 25 yr old, ER nurse and first time mom living in the suburbs of atlanta. This pregnancy was completely unexpected but now I couldn't be anymore excited.

Due February 2nd. Already at 17 weeks!! We'll find out the gender at our anatomy scan in less than 3 weeks. Happy to be here!
  • Options
    Hello!
    This is my first post. Ever. Still have no clue what some of the abbreviations mean:)
    I am a 25 yr old, ER nurse and first time mom living in the suburbs of atlanta. This pregnancy was completely unexpected but now I couldn't be anymore excited.

Due February 2nd. Already at 17 weeks!! We'll find out the gender at our anatomy scan in less than 3 weeks. Happy to be here!
    Welcome!  Congrats!  Can you do us all a favor and change your screen name to something unique? With a bunch of knotties running around it's hard to tag and tell who is who! 
  • Options
    Hello! STM here, due on 2/28. DD is almost 18 months and will be just under 2 yrs when #2 is born... excited and kind of nervous about having 2 under 2!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! STM here, due on 2/28. DD is almost 18 months and will be just under 2 yrs when #2 is born... excited and kind of nervous about having 2 under 2!
    Welcome! My girls are 16 months apart. 2under2 is a trip, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. :) 
  • Options
    Hello all! 15+2 today and very happy.

Returning to the Bump after a year-long hiatus. I'm 38 and PGAL last summer. Several pregnancies, no children yet, so I've been waiting before joining the birth month club. It's a crazy time--husband decided to leave 5 weeks ago and not financially support our household but demand to exercise "his parental rights," so I had to give up everything (rent-controlled apartment, great job, friends and neighbors, and, and...) in Brooklyn to move in with my mother in the Bay Area. I'm a bit sad to give up the picture I had in my head about having a family but, as a friend said, "The universe was looking out for you by getting rid of someone like that!" 

I'm rebuilding and looking forward at the happy, exciting times to come. Really looking forward to getting to know the ladies here. And if you're single and pregnant--please do reach out to me! Would love to hear from you. Same goes for moms over 37. :)

Christina
  • Options
    @bktosf78 Wow!  That's a lot to deal with during an already crazy, hormonal time.  I think your friend is right, though.  From another AMA mom, welcome to our group.  And congrats!
  • Options
    @bktosf78 Oh wow! That's a huge life change! Well, welcome to the left coast and our group! Please feel free to join in the PGAL thread we have here. Also, I'm 40 so definitely AMA! Lol

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017