December 2017 Moms

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns week of 5/22

13»

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns week of 5/22

• kyrwynkyrwyn member
    @pandawares I'm sorry to hear you have chronic fatigue, but I totally agree that a full bladder is a very reliable alarm clock. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The fatigue, constant peeing at night and naps throughout the day (commuting by train has its perks!) aren't new. New is the feeling that I'm going to throw up. Still limited to gagging above the toilet (no hugging the toilet has been necessary), but I'm waiting for it... 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been very bad about drinking water, and now I think I have a UTI. I'm also now freaking out about the possibility of an incompetent cervix. Emailed my NP.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Meh, I thought the nausea was getting better, but once again had to puke in the public restroom at work today. 11 weeks, 4days and I'm really ready for the second trimester! 
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    Oh no @collectiveliving. Today my dr said "a lot of women feel better around 11,12,13 weeks!". I burst his little optimism and said "I was sick with DD for 22!!!!"  He said "oh!"  Anyway, hoping it's better for you (and me) soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @dkizz82.  Yeah, everyone keeps saying the end of the first trimester in general, which I guess is when week 12 is over, right?  But I know each pregnancy is different, so one day at a time.

Hoping it's better for you soon too!
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

• @Marley629 I'm so sorry you are going through this too. Yes, FX this is almost over.I am currently trying to stomach Pedialyte at my desk. I did the ketone test and urine sample but don't have HG so I guess that's a plus. I am just sick 5 times a day, it's awful.

@collectiveliving My Dr. counts week 14 as the beginning of the 2nd tri. There was a thread on this topic but I can't find it. Maybe one of these ladies can tag you.

• @acgonzalez22  do you like pedialyte? i tried it when my son wouldn't drink any when he was sick. it tasted TERRIBLE. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • @anewadventure It is gross and makes the water kinda thick. I make it super cold and drink it with a straw. The grape is the lesser of the evils and it beats getting an IV often.
  • @katemordus, wow that is hilarious about your two year old. So stinking cute.

I'm right there with you, and hope it passes soon.
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    #40andpregnant

• @katemordus omg that is the cutest! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Anyone else suddenly feel bad again? I had about a week of feeling pretty normal except still needing an afternoon nap but yesterday afternoon I started to feel awful (nausea, not wanting food, bad gas, tummy tight) and it really hasn't let up yet.  I'm thinking that with being 12 weeks that it might be my body trying to go into period mode even without an egg or anything (My body is very dumb and I would not be surprised) but I think it's so mean to feel good for a few days and then go back to feeling like poop.  

• Question: I'm seeing all these people who know what baby's HR was at like 6/7 weeks (lurking January, possibly from old posts here). I saw the HB at a U/S in the middle of week 6, but no HR. Is it just because it was the OB office's roll-in machine that isn't super powerful and the people getting HRs had a fancier U/S?
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MJDsquared My NP didn't measure the heart rates either - she said that this early (as we are), they don't like to put the machine on their hearts for too long. We did listen for a few seconds to make sure they sounded good, though. It may depend on the hospital/doctor you go to. 
  • @MJDsquared When I had DD they did a transvaginal US at 7 weeks and I saw the HR. This time they did an abdominal one and told me the heartrate at 6 weeks 6 days... however, this was not with the roll-in machine, it was with the tech, so I bet it was a better one. And honestly, I just overthought the actual number so just seeing a heartbeat might have been better. Hope that helps!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @breezybee I didn't get to hear, just see. Wah.
    @EmilyLove25 That does help! Thank you! And I saw you were having some anxiety about it. Hugs! I have so much anxiety over my lack of symptoms. It sucks. I didn't realize how anxious pregnancy would make me!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared  it is protocol at my docs (OB and MFM) to always record the official heart rate. just like they take a measurement crown - rump, or head size, they also do one where they record the "waves" of the heartbeat and then take a crest-crest or trough-trough measurement. that's when you would hear it in addition to seeing it. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • @MJDsquared At my RE's office, they had a much cooler US than my OB's office, but we only got to watch the HR. They did like @anewadventure said and just measured the waves. Hearing the HB for the first time at my OB's appointment at 9weeks literally made me lose my previous train of thought and cry. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @MJDsquared we did saw the heartbeat at 6.3 weeks and they measured the hr at 125 bpm. At an emergency 9 week scan, we heard it 174bpm (it was a fanicier place I went too). I had a 10 weeks scan last week and they told me 162 bpm but I didn't hear it. So I'm not sure how they do all that. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MJDsquared I have a lack of symptoms too and it's very unnerving and anxiety inducing! Really the only symptom I've had consistently through this pregnancy so far is my boobs being sore and getting bigger, and they're not even that bad some days. I know this sounds crazy, but I'll sometimes poke them just to make sure they still hurt.  
  • @leilagphillips My boobs are definitely bigger (I have a small chest so it's super easy to tell) but the soreness now isn't close to what it was in the earlier weeks, and even then I'd always have to poke them or be going down the stairs or something to feel it! So I don't blame you for poking them! Sometimes at my desk at work I'm like, "Is anyone coming? Can I poke/fondle my boobs really quick without getting caught?" Hahaha.

Basically now only the outside of my boobs near my armpits are tender to the touch. But the constipation is definitely real this week...which means my bloat gets worse with every passing day of constipation. Other than that, I'm more tired than normal at times, but other times it totally clears and I feel fine!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • elev2017elev2017 member
    edited May 2017

@MJDsquared Yeah, I've had symptoms that have come and gone including constipation, bloating, fatigue, sore abs, and cramping (thankfully the cramping was just the first couple of weeks because that made me nervous). My boobs are also not so sore now and generally hurt most when I first wake up, but only some days. And I've definitely checked them at work, so glad I'm not alone!

Overall, I have the tendency to stay up too late, so feeling tired is sort of a normal thing for me, but there are certain days when I do feel extra tired. I'm at ten weeks tomorrow, so hopefully I'll feel a little less stressed in a few weeks once I'm past the first trimester. Hope you become a little less backed up soon, that's no fun!

• My boobs have been soooooo sore. Ugh. Last night I made the mistake of sleeping without a sports bra and I slept on my stomach. I woke up to pee and was all "oooooooouch" the whole way to the bathroom. I felt like I broke my boobs lol. 
  • @breezybee ughh that sucks! I hate sleeping in any sort of bra and it probably also doesn't help that one of my cats loves to sleep on my chest at night lol.
  • @breezybee that's how I was when I was pregnant with DS until probably 16 weeks. It sucked! I had to hold my boobs going up and down the stairs because it was so awful, and I'd wake up at night if I rolled over onto them. Ouch!
  • 13 weeks and today my nipples started leaking don't recall it happening this early with DD tho.
  • My husband and I drove upstate to go hiking this morning. I wore long pants, long socks and long sleeves to prevent tick bites. Of course a deer tick managed to find its way up my sock and attached itself to my calf- I was dumb and didn't tuck my pants into my socks. We rushed to the drug store to get tweezers and iodine and removed the tick. Then I called my OB (who didn't know anything about ticks) and then my internist. She told me that as long as I got the head out and took the tick off under 18 hours, the tick wouldn't have had enough time to transmit Lyme disease. Whew!!! That was a couple of stressful hours. Lesson learned!
  • NME44NME44 member
    @blueskies17, I had always considered myself pretty well versed in Lyme disease, and I had literally never heard that 18 hour thing before! Googled it and all the .gov websites actually say 24 hours. Huh! Learn something new every day.
  • blueskies17blueskies17 member
    edited May 2017
    @NME44 that's what I read online too! I guess she said 18 to be conservative. Thankfully I found the tick after 2 hours tops.

Edited to add: I definitely overreacted over my first tick bite ever haha.
  • @GraysonsMama that is so sweet! I love it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't regulate my temp! I'm either hot or freezing! Last night I woke up and made my husband get me another blanket because I was shivering and then an hour later I kicked them all off. I've been checking my temp for a fever and it's been perfect.
  • @kersey0208  I was burning hot my entire first pregnancy.  I actually started to forget what it felt like to be cold until my kid was born.  Now she's a little furnace all the time so I know it was her body heat throwing mine off!  :)