December 2017 Moms

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns week of 5/22

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns week of 5/22

• @whiska I'm down to waking up only once per night where two weeks ago it was 4-5 times so same here! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

whiskablueskies17
  • atackatack member
    I am really nervous about genetic testing and a false positive or false negative.  I don't even want to have it, but DH does and since this wasn't an expected pregnancy we both want to make sure everything is okay.  

Also, my tooth filling feels funny right now and I am worried I might need to get some work done - or will they wait until I deliver before they do tooth work :(  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I REALLY hope the peeing every 5 seconds lets up soon. I am up 3-5 times between 10pm and 7am, then another 1-2 times between 7am and 8am. It's getting real old real fast,.
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

ShyTonia
  • I'm starting to worry that I'm dehydrated because I don't usually get up to pee until about 7am, when my alarm goes off... 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• whiskawhiska member
    edited May 2017
    @txmomma16 Have you been tracking your water consumption? I use an app - Waterlogged - and have a goal of 70-100 oz per day. 100 definitely if I'm doing more activity and it's hotter out. 

You might not be dehydrated during the day but if water consumption tapers off a few hours before bed that could explain not having to get up in the middle of the night. I've even read some pregnancy advice that said to do just that!
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @whiska I carry a 32oz water bottle with me everywhere, and make sure to fill it up at least twice each day, usually getting anywhere from 70-90 oz per day. That is a good point though because I usually drink most of my water at work, and taper off when I get home. Now I feel a lot better, Thank you! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    2 Dogs / 2 Cats 
    IUI #1 07/2016 BFN
    IUI #2 10/2016 BFN
    IUI #3 11/2016 BFN
    IVF #1 03/2017 - 23 Retrieved / 22 Fertilized / 11 at Day 3 / 1 Beautiful Embryo tf on Day 5 / 7 Frozen on Day 6 - Beta #1 4/5/17: 104 Beta #2 4/7/17 224
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

whiska
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    So I drink a lot of sparkling water. I don't fee hydrated. Is it something about the sparkling?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • yesterday I felt horrible and naeusous all day and night but then today I don't feel pregnant at all. Lol weird.

Yes @whiska the pee symptom for me was totally short lived!

Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
    whiska
  • At what point do you think dehydration requires IV fluids?

Spoiler bc - lot of complaining ahead. 

I haven't kept much of anything down since Saturday. I had a few good days before that but Saturday came and that all went away. Not even the reglan is helping right now. Been trying to keep up with fluids even after getting sick but it comes right back up with today being the worst. The last time I went in when my head felt like it was going to explode but I think I waited too long then.  My doctor is zero help and just told me to keep trying to drink small sips. I'm totally trying but I feel like a crazy person right now after not being able to eat anything for 4 days. 

DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• whiskawhiska member
    @Marley629 That sounds like it's starting to get scary again. Hugs.
    Could you ask your doc or nurse's line for more concrete parameters?  Like "I'm doing my absolute best but I need to have directions on at what point it becomes urgent and more serious."  My feeling is just to go in and have them evaluate you; they may say you're fine (hydration-wise) or they may give you some IV fluids so you don't go down the painful headache path again.  
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

anewadventureMarley629
  • I sent my insurance provider a message asking about genetic testing. I asked if NIPT is covered and also the NT scan. They responded only saying, "Genetic testing requires prior authorization, as services must be genetically necessary to be covered." That seems like a very NIPT specific answer... Or should the NT scan be considered "genetic testing" based on their response? It seems like the NT scan is covered for most people, so I figured it would be for me. I assumed NIPT would not be, so that's not a surprise.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Thank you @whiska. I'm going to give them a call now and say just that and if they still provide no direction I'll prob head into urgent care. Id rather be on the over cautious side to mitigate that headache again. 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

whiskabreezybee
  • @atack---you can definitely have dental work done (safely) while pregnant. Better to get it checked sooner vs later so hopefully it's an easier fix, but it would be rare for a dentist to have to wait until you deliver.

Be sure they know you are pregnant, they use a lead apron for any needed films, and they don't use epinephrine if you need to be numbed. Oh, and you can't/shouldn't have laughing gas while pregnant. Also best to avoid elective/cosmetic only things, but you don't have to wait out a funny feeling or toothache!
    AMCsquared
  • Marley629 said:
    For anyone who takes thyroid meds:

do you take yours in morning or night? I currently take mine in morning on an empty stomach but I think it all contributing to my MS and I can't recover from it. I have endo appt today so I'll ask them too but just curious what others did 
    @Marley629 I take mine in the morning on an empty stomach, but I am weird/lucky and never had morning sickness. Never had it with my DD when I was pregnant with her either. 
    Marley629
  • @dkizz82 Sparkling water was the only way I could stay hydrated when I was pregnant with DD. It should hydrate no differently than regular water. The only thing that's working this time around is a splash of 100% cranberry juice (NOT cocktail) in my 24 oz bottle of water.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    dkizz82Marley629AMCsquared
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @vvitchhazel thanks! It gives me some relief. I'm gonna keep drinking it 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Marley629 My Dr. said that if I couldn't keep anything down for 12-24 hours they needed to see me. I went in once and they just tested my urine for dehydration. Didn't even see a Dr, just a nurse. I was dehydrated but not enough for iv fluids. Good luck!
    Marley629
  • whiskawhiska member
    @dkizz82 The only thing I can think of is some carbonated water has sodium?  But if you're drinking LaCroix (H is obsessed with them and hates carbonated water with sodium) then that's basically the same as plain water.  Or if it's like ICE, which has artificial sweeteners, (some or all? of) which can act as a diuretic.

I would track my water intake and if you're getting enough and still really thirsty, I would definitely bring it up with your ob at your next visit.
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• acgonzalez22acgonzalez22 member
    edited May 2017
    @Marley629 I take my Synthroid on an empty stomach and it makes me sick too.

ETA: I didn't pee more than normal with DS and this is the same. I drink 70 to 80 oz a day. I think I'm defective  :D
  • Ugh thanks @acgonzalez22. The endo gave me gel capsule samples today to try and told me to take them in middle of night so when I wake up i can Eat right away.  The gel purpose is to help it absorb faster since I'm getting sick so much but for once my TSH was within normal for pregnancy limits! 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

whiskaacgonzalez22
  • breezybeebreezybee member
    edited May 2017
    @Marley629 I'm so sorry you're feeling awful AGAIN. I second what others have said; if your doctor isn't helping, I'd go to urgent care. Not being able to keep anything down for 4 days isn't fun for anyone. Hugs - I hope you get some relief asap
    dkizz82Marley629
  • @peachy13 currently up due to heartburn and increased cramping. trying really hard to stay hydrated and eat light, we just moved so I'm still trying to get in with a on so that is causing some stress as well.
  • @Marley629 That sounds awful! Hope you are feeling better, or feel better soon!

Anyone else in week 10/11ish feeling like the first trimester is making it's last stand? Been having a pretty easy to go of it up until this week, and seemingly out of nowhere, I'm just exhausted, crabby, unmotivated and throwing up literally anywhere and everywhere! It's really made this last 1.5 weeks of secret-keeping challenging! Anyone have any good fibs that have been working for you?
    mrsare
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @barrbaby-2 omg yes! I haven't get great but this week has been the worst. I'm 10.5 and Monday and Tuesday about took me out in the sick department. My boobs are less sore and I am peeing less but other than that, barf! I'm ready for 11 weeks, maybe it'll be better.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    rubyrose_0919
  • @breezybee spanx is a god send! Now that the weather is warmer I am diving into my springy work clothes and pulled out my absolute favorite pair of navy work capris, which I definitely could not button this morning. If I did, I would be squeezed in and uncomfortable all day. I've had these pants for years. If anything, I've actually lost a smidge of weight since I got my BFP just from not drinking alcohol and pigging out on crap, so in theory, these pants should feel great on me but they certainly do not. It's happening guys.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Tennis11785breezybeeFakeFinn
  • Omg @vvitchhazel that's the worst. You are not alone! Same thing happened to me yesterday, and for hours afterwards I kept having to blow banana chunks out of my nose!  :s 
    vvitchhazelTennis11785
  • @barrbaby-2 lovetit because I sympathize. Ugh! Can we get some relief soon?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Tennis11785
  • 13 weeks tomorrow and still vomiting multiple times a day. Diclegis, promethazine, and zofran all didn't work. Lemon water kinda helps. I'm convinced baby girl is trying to kill me!
    Tennis11785Marley629
  • whiskawhiska member
    This might also qualify as a STM question:

Has anyone started to feel their uterus pop up from behind the pelvic bone yet?  I'm reading some people can feel it by now (I'm 12 wks tomorrow), but I'm never sure. Seems like maybe I can maybe feel something there if I have a full bladder haha. 
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @kyrwyn I have chronic fatigue, and when I'm worried I won't wake up in time if I nap, I chug water before falling asleep!
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @atack My OBs have always encouraged keeping up with dental work while pregnant :)

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • whiska said:
    This might also qualify as a STM question:

Has anyone started to feel their uterus pop up from behind the pelvic bone yet?  I'm reading some people can feel it by now (I'm 12 wks tomorrow), but I'm never sure. Seems like maybe I can maybe feel something there if I have a full bladder haha. 
    if you're a ftm it should be soon. especially with a full bladder. if you push down hard on your stomach you will be able to tell where it stops. are you doing an NT scan? that'll give you a great idea of where you stand based on where the sonographer is positioning the wand on your abdomen. 

at my NT scan on monday we were pointing the wand mostly just below my belly button and i was like, woah, this seems too high... but they aren't joking when they talk about a "warmed up effect" for your uterus stretching out. that was with a full bladder. with an empty bladder this morning i could feel the top of my uterus a couple of inches below my belly button. i've got a lot of extra pudge hanging around as a c-section shelf so i just look fatter overall. i'm also measuring 4-5 days ahead for crown to rump length, so a slightly larger baby and a warmed up uterus are taking me by surprise.

sorry for the word vomit.
    TLDR; ftm should be soon!

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    breezybeewhiskaGraysonsMama
  • also, @whiska, it's amazing the growth that is typical in the next few weeks or so. peek ahead in your weekly belly size summaries. TBH i don't love the way the bump currently formats theirs. good ol' baby center has some nice summaries (gasp!)

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    AMCsquaredwhiska
  • In the first few weeks of this pregnancy, I had a couple episodes of spotting after BMs. Now, I occasionally get little clumps of gelatinous mucus plug. This has led to me learning that the mucus plug doesn't stay the same throughout the pregnancy; it regenerates so it's always fresh. Apparently it is more common with second+ pregnancies. Still terrifying.

Anyone else dealing with extreme gas pain? I had a Fanta last night, and the top half of my torso was bloated and hard from all the gas! I need to head out for some Gas-X, apparently. TMI: Everyone I've told thinks it's disgusting, but it doesn't really make me toot ... and it's never smelly when it does! It's just so incredibly painful! I had it (much less) with DS, and it's actually what made me test this time!

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
    mrsare
  • At least every other day a new zit pops up. Just when some are starting to go away and I think my skin will be clear. Yay.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • whiskawhiska member
    Thank you @anewadventure!!!  That was super helpful. I stood up and felt again, and maybe there's something a little like a hard muscle that starts/ends maybe an inch or two above the pubic bone.  I started laughing because it's weird -- it was definitely not there this morning, but I knew I had felt it a few days ago!  And H was feeling there a few days ago and was like, "something's definitely different, firmer" haha.
    TTC #1 June 2015
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

anewadventure
  • @acgonzalez22 right there with you mama. FX it gets better for both of us soon.  I did go to ER last night and got fluids and a HG diagnosis.  My OB's suggestion is to take the reglan with breakfast, lunch and dinner and at bedtime instead of just every 6 hours. I'm giving it a whirl but I don't have high hopes. 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

dkizz82breezybeeacgonzalez22