November 2017 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/22

• I tried to get through my workout class (barre) today without taking breaks by telling myself giving birth naturally would be infinitely more taxing than this one class and there are no breaks and I can do it. It didn't work :( To be fair, I also get kind of nervous pushing myself when working out.

• bcashawbcashaw member
    @DuchessOfCambridge totally valid. I am also nervous working out, and the shortness of breath is unbelievable. 

• Loading the player...
  • @DuchessOfCambridge Totally valid, but totally different. It is infinitely more challenging, but there ARE breaks (usually) between each contraction! 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• liz4382liz4382 member
    @DuchessOfCambridge I hear you!  I used to work out like crazy before pregnancy but am so nervous about it now. I have been slowly getting back into it lately but I always slow down if I get short of breath or feel like my heart is beating too fast.  Makes me feel better
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bcashaw @MississippiCatfish @liz4382 oh well, there's always next week! I'm already so sore so I got osmething out of it for sure! And true, there are breaks between contractions! But is there a break once the "ring of fire" starts?

• I have thought I had a cold or allergies for a couple of weeks. Over the weekend, I felt like it got worse really quickly, so I went to the doctors today and I was diagnosed with "suspected pneumonia", they can't "officially" confirm pneumonia without a chest x-ray, which I wouldn't want during pregnancy, but the doctor said that in his opinion it's definitely pneumonia. :persevere: robitussin, a z-pack, fluids, and rest are now my world for a couple days. :pensive:
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited May 2017
    @DuchessofCambridge I think there's a big mental difference in pushing through discomfort when you know you can take breaks (barre) vs when you know you really have to do something (birth). Besides, I understand your hesitation with pushing too hard in workouts. But hey, you DID workout, and any physical activity is good for you and your baby. You're doing just fine.

@cmessamore Ugh! Feel better soon! I've seen so many people at work fighting off awful colds this month, I think something must be going around. It sucks it turned into pneumonia for you. Good thoughts headed your way!
  • @RiverSong15 thank you!! And I've seen a ton of people complaining of colds and allergies, so I assumed it was no big deal. Once the shortness of breath kicked in, I knew it was bad news! 
  • So sorry you're going through that @cmessamore! I hope the medicine helps, it sounds so so miserable to go through :(

• @Furmommy it's true, we are creating tiny people! So glad your results came back normal! Yikes, well hopefully you won't be in danger of chicken pox anytime soon!

• 2Dash2Dash member
    @cmessamore please please take care of yourself!

I had pneumonia last year after bronchitis refused to go away with antibiotics. You must rest as much as you can (I know ...how??). The only thing that helped was rest and lots of fluids. It took me awhile to feel like myself again. It's going to be tough on you especially with a baby and pregnant. Take it as a cue to slow down and concentrate on what you need. I hope you recover quickly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cmessamore can you do a nebulizer? I had pneumonia in October after bronchitis that wouldn't go away after antibiotics and steroids, and almost 6 weeks. Like @2Dash said, rest and fluids finally made me better. The nebulizer really helped to make me feel more human too. I hope you can get some rest and start to feel better soon!
  • @2Dash thank you so much! I'm really trying to rest, but it's definitely hard!! I am doing a good job with fluids, but I don't have much of an appetite for food. I am putting the kids to bed an hour early so I can go to bed early too! I'm also not cleaning the house or doing dishes tonight! Hoping DH will take care of it all tomorrow on his day off! 
  • @ugoglencoco he's starting me with just a Z-pack for now, but I have to go back at the end of the week if I'm not feeling better. I'm sure he'll try something else if I need it. I honestly don't know what else I can/can't take while pregnant. I hate taking meds when I'm pregnant! 
  • Anyone do a bikini wax while pregnant? I usually get one before our summer vaca. I had a coupon for my normal salon for this week. I made an appt but now worried it's not ok or will be exceptionally painful due to increase blood flow. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 I've heard it is more painful, but haven't had one while pregnant. Too scared. Lol :#
  • @cmessamore oh no! I hope you get better soon! 
  • slavenslaven member
    edited May 2017

@jess0211 Depending on where we move to I'll be getting bikini waxes all summer. Some of the apartment complexes have pools included (I hate paying $2 or more to swim at community pools on base considering I stay for only 30 minutes). Anyway, I won't get a brazillian or anything, just to not look like a gremlin. 

@cmessamore I got put on antibiotics for a UTI about a week after my BFP. I'm assuming it would be a different antibiotic but there comes a point where the benefits out weigh the risks. I'm sure starting out with a zpack and rest is a good way to go, especially if your dr isn't sure if it's bacterial pneumonia or not. 

We just moved out of our apartment and into the hotel for 2 weeks until we move. My dogs are at a pet sitter and she sends me pics and videos all the time but I still miss them. Also, I now have to take a taxi to work until the end of next week because it's too far to walk. 

But it's buy one, get one free steak night at the golf "club" on base tonight so we're getting steak for dinner!

eta: Turns out the BOGO steak night is tomorrow. womp. womp. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven I lol'd at you gremlin comment. I am actually getting what my salon calls a Brazilian but it's not all the hair, it's more than the bikini line but not completely bare. I'll let you know how it goes on Friday!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @slaven definitely keep us posted on the bikini wax situation! And thanks for the support about the antibiotic! 

@ugoglencoco I am dying laughing at your post right now!! Did anyone get to witness this?? That is absolutely something pregnancy brain would make me do!
  • BayCampBayCamp member
    I feel like it's really messing with me how different this pregnancy is from my first. At 16 weeks last time I was hiking difficult trails in the smokies. This time I got so lightheaded walking up steps yesterday at the water park that I almost passed out. Granted it was in the 90s and the sun was super intense, but still. I'm working out regularly and only started this pregnancy 8 pounds up from my first. My friend that was with me is on baby 3, 22w, and carried her 3yo up the same steps and was barely winded. It made me feel like crap. 
  • @baycamp I couldn't have exercised in first tri/early pregnancy with ANY of my first three pregnancies. I have been this time and it feels so strange. It really is true that each pregnancy is different. We have little control and all you can do is your best <3
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @BayCamp Same! I didn't slow down at all with my first.  This one has definitely taken more of a toll. All I did this morning was some light yoga and I was so lightheaded and out of breath. 
  • BayCampBayCamp member
    Glad I'm not the only one, I don't know how I'm going to survive the summer when it's May and we're already in the mid-90s. I also took a pretty bad fall at the water park yesterday trying to snag my runaway toddler. Landed hard on my hip and smashed my mouth in to the back of DS's head. I was trying to chalk it up to hurting from that but honestly my stairs at home wind me. 
  • @BayCamp I'm sorry! I hope you're ok!

And you totally just reminded me that yesterday I was walking to lunch with my team and a woman tripped over a curb and fell. She was screaming and bleeding a bit and people just gathered around her and stared. One guy took out his phone and started filming. Where she fell was right on the light rail tracks and people were just standing there and not helping her! WTF? I pushed through the crowd and offered her (non-bleeding) hand a hand. She was so grateful and said she was screaming (it was more crying out) because she's pregnant and was worried for her baby. I asked her how far along she was and she said 6 months. I assured her baby was probably more than protected during the fall, congratulated her, asked if she had a place she could clean up at, and gave her band aids from my purse. This whole time, everyone else (including my 3 able-bodied male teammates) just stood and stared. Wtf is wrong with people??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My stairs wind me too. I basically only go upstairs if I really need to.
    I did yoga religiously before pregnancy but then after a few weeks in it made me so nauseous I have only done it a few times since.
  • 2Dash2Dash member

SweetMelissa4 - Ughhh... people are the worst.  I'm glad you were there and I'm sure she is too.

I once came across a passed out girl on Campus - just lying in the middle of the grass - near the light rail.  People were just walking passed her???  I called campus security to make sure she was going to be taken care of.  There were even people making fun of her as they went by - seriously??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • BayCampBayCamp member
    @SweetMelissa4 that's awful! Especially the guy filming her!

Luckily I was totally fine, just a bruised hip and bloody lip. My friend is an RN and freaked out a bit more that I did. In retrospect I should have just let DS go down the damn slide solo. He ran ahead of me and was trying to go down alone, it's a kids slide, very gentle with just some turns but I panicked and grabbed for him and lost my footing. 
  • @BayCamp Glad you're ok!  Sounds painful, though!  Could definitely contribute to having more trouble moving around!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know where to put this, but the past few days have been a whirlwind. 

EVERYTHING IS FINE. I'm using a spoiler but EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE IS FINE.

I ended up in the ER yesterday with chest pains, blurry vision, shortness of breath, headaches, and of course my blood pressure was through the damn roof. I had visited both my OB and PCP yesterday morning who both agreed I needed to head to the ER. Luckily things moved pretty fast and my test results came back either low risk or negative for things like a blood clot and heart attack. I was sent on my way with no diagnosis. My OB prescribed me a medicine for the blood pressure (I developed preeclampsia last pregnancy) and I stayed home today to do a 24 hour urine sample. We're going to use all of this testing as a baseline for future testing and I'll need to go to the doctor once a week for the time being.  OB did do an in office ultrasound, heartbeat was a perfect 159bpm and baby was moving and kicking.

It's way too early for this shit. Hopefully it was just a fluke and it'll be smooth sailing until November. 

November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ElizabethSchuyler I'm glad everything is fine but gosh! That's a lot of stuff and very scary. I'm so so happy you and baby are ok and wishing the next 26 weeks are stress free.

• @Furmommy  I'm 16+1 and I've totally popped some.  I've lost weight, but my belly is getting so big to the point where I already have stretch marks (thanks, genetics....).  The midwife I saw yesterday even commented on it.  Totally possible it's baby!  Enjoy it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ElizabethSchuyler hoping the meds work and everything stays good for you! Hugs!