October 2017 Moms

Weekly Bitchfest 5/15

Re: Weekly Bitchfest 5/15

• I'm pissed off at my body today. I'm having bed rest today because my ~everything~ is so inflamed that I'm struggling with the 12 steps to the toilet. This is both nerve and joint pain in my arms and legs. I have my phone propped up and have to talk instead of hold it and type. 

FFS, This has been calming down for over a month. Stupid herniated discs, HEAL ALREADY!!!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @Brambles23 good luck to you and the AC unit! Its going to be close to 90 this week for us too and I cannot imagine not having AC especially while being pregnant. 

@melarowan feel better! I'm glad you're getting rest!

Also, +1 on being nervous and insecure about baby names. I dread answering when people ask me! I think from now on we're gonna keep it a secret... except for on here :)
  • Ugh...woke up this morning and my sinuses are killing me.  I'm hoping I'm not getting sick.  I've managed to stay healthy up until this point.  My neck is also a little jammed up.  I'm going to see if I can make it into the chiropractor today to see if that helps things.  Sometimes my sinuses clear up after an adjustment.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @VLillyV your MIL sounds like a piece of work.

My BF is my cats. We had a friend staying with us last night, and our attention-needy cats were trying to claw their way into the guest room because they can't handle someone being in the house and not paying attention to them. So we had to lock them in our bedroom with us and they tried to claw their way out. Needless to say, I did not sleep well.
  • VLillyVVLillyV member
    @soprano19 Tell me about it.
    Sorry about your cats. That must have been slightly nightmarish. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @soprano19 ugh sorry about your cats being asshats. Thats nearly impossible to sleep through!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    This is a first world problem, but its finally nice enough to wear dresses and skirts out, but its always so freezing in our office! So I'm wearing a cute dress today but my legs are freezing in here!
  • tyannejtyannej member
    @bluejeanbabi05 OMG, I will help you. I cannot stand that. I get the same look with sweet tea. Like it's made with water, hop off!
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @natleilynn good idea. I scored a space heater from someone who left it behind but it's not doing the job. Also, I was thinking that I'll probably regret complaining about this in a dew months or weeks 
  • beezeeebeezeee member
    ariz17 said:
    This is a first world problem, but its finally nice enough to wear dresses and skirts out, but its always so freezing in our office! So I'm wearing a cute dress today but my legs are freezing in here!
    +1 on this! My boss always has the AC on freezing cold, but he bought me a space heater. I run it pretty much full time, year round.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • I'm going to retract some of my BF. I got a reminder call a couple hours ago for my massage in 45 minutes. Gah, I really hope it helps take the edge off. 

• @bluejeanbabi05 I can't stand the judgey looks from people either!

Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @migdala I hope you have the best nap. As my SO tells me frequently, it's tough work growing a human. 

• +1 to the freezing office first world problems! I have to keep a sweatshirt and blanket in my office at all times because I run so cold. 

Also, DH likes to keep the house at 73 degrees, which feels like 23 degrees to me. Maybe I'm becoming anemic again or something, but that is entirely too cold! I sneakily turn it up a few degrees each time I pass the thermostat. 
  • Who the duck schedules a full day of professional leave the last full week of school when grades for exemption status are due?  Oh yeah my instructional lead for the county.  Sorry seniors all senior teachers will miss your yearbook signing and pancake breakfast.  
  • edited May 2017
    @melarowan We made jokes when we had DS that if you don't come with food, you can't come in. Good thing my family is so food oriented anyway and always came with food! But that whole sign is super obnoxious.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My H went to happy hour and was supposed to bring me home dinner. It's 9 pm and he's just now coming home. I'm so freaking pissed. It's not cool to make your pregnant wife wait for dinner.
  • @tyannej you are not alone. It's the end of the school year and I am dying for a glass of wine. I've been pregnant all throughout festival season, which is always in the spring and is always incredibly stressful.

I did sniff my brother's glass of red wine the other night when we were all out to dinner. It was glorious and painful at the same time.
  • @soprano19 I sniffed DH beer the other night. It was exactly like you said - glorious and painful
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @soprano19 every time I have to lock my cats in a room they freak the eff out.. like you aren't dying.. your life is pretty good.. CALM DOWN! Lol I feel your pain.

@ariz17 girl. This x1000. It will be 90° out and I'll wear pants and have a sweater on at work and the lady I work with is all like "why are you dressed like that, it's supposed to be super warm out all day!" I'm like uhhhh maybe because I'm working so I'm going to be inside all day freezing from the ac???

@jessirh WHAT? I keep my house at 71, you could never live with me lol.

My BF- I did way too much yesterday. I sat down for 20 minutes from 9-9. I painted our fireplace, cleaned out entire house, worked out, and did 500000 loads of laundry. I can barely walk today because this damn nerve in my butt or something. DH got annoyed with me because he told me to relax and by 9 when i finally sat i was so cranky but how am I supposed to relax when I need to get stuff done!?
  • @dumbledoredies I would definitely not survive in your house! I have to put on a sweatshirt and long pants when it's under 74 in the house. I'm fine with that temperature (and even 60s) outside, but for some reason that feels really cold when I am inside. 

@JessDG Ugh that sucks. I hate kids these days! (I sound like the old 'Get off my lawn!' stereotype lol)
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    @dogperson11 tall socks and saddle shoes hahah! I say find the most obnoxious bandaid out there!
  • @dogperson11 does the dress code require you to match? I mean, I feel like that could be far more distracting and unprofessional than a tiny tat.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • JessDG said:
    @dogperson11   I say go with some bacon bandaids like this  

https://www.amazon.com/shaped-Adhesive-Bandages-Die-Cut-Sterile/dp/B000SSV8AA

Then it will look like you have an open wound from far away to freak people out.
    My sister recommended the bacon bandaids, too! Maybe I'll just get my OB to write a note so I can wear sneakers (with a skirt)!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • DH guilted his parents enough about missing DD's recital this Friday that they're now coming. This means they will be at my house around noon-1:00. Which means I have to put up with them by myself for 3-4 hours before DD has to be at the performance place for dress rehearsal (and probably means DD won't get a nap because she will be too excited grandma and grandpa are here). I then have to drop her off, return home until DH gets home from work and then head back for the actual recital. That's another hour+ totally alone with them. Someone may get a verbal lashing if they don't keep their crazy to themselves ... and it won't be me! 
    Update to my original BF ... the inlaws are now spending the night on Thursday. Thank goodness we already had a play date scheduled with good friends during the day, otherwise they would've shown up at noon. I said nope, sorry, late in the day is fine but we have plans until at least 3:00. Minimal time at home alone with them before DH gets home! But now we have to make dinner because DH feels bad about asking them to go out instead (wtf??). I have a stash of food in the freezer that gets us through the end of the month. This is going to almost wipe us out of protein, along with fruit and veggies. So now I have to go grocery shopping. I'm super annoyed. And have a nasty cold on top of it all.