November 2017 Moms
Options

Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

Re: Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

• Options
    NYTino24 said:
    "Oh, you're sad about the baby you lost? But you have one coming 3 months later!"

@NYTino24 I've gotten statements like that a few times. "Well you should be happy because now you won't be moving while super pregnant!" was the worst so far. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NYTino24 They really dont get it.  It frustrates me so much.  No one has said anything to me lately but people do seem to get uncomfortable and try to change the subject when I acknowledge my loss.  But I guess I would rather have that than have them say something stupid.
  • Options
    @NYTino24 @kissthesky32 whoa. I have no words.

• Options
    2Dash2Dash member
  • Options
    @maegpie sounds like someone is jealous. What an incredibly rude thing to say, have some tact.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge It felt as though I was having a Mean Girls moment. She just kept rolling with the conversation like nothing happened. I'm really hoping she didn't mean for it to come across in a rude way, but that is certainly how I took it.
  • Options
    @NYTino24 no no no no no. 

@maegpie also no. 
  • Options
    @maepie There is no excuse for that!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Yes, @liz4382. Some of the most insensitive things I've heard have come from people who are generally nice and well-meaning. They just don't get it. It's not that I lost a pregnancy, something medical happening to me - it's that I lost a baby and that life.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Sorry, I called you mama in my PM to you!  I LOVE calling other women mama (and vice versa) because it's so special to me and I've tried for so long to get to be called that.  Sorry!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SweetMelissa4 no need to apologize! I don't think I even noticed. I have a friend who says it to me alllll the time and that's what I was thinking about haha

• Options
    Ooo and another
    "Are you going to just keep getting bigger and bigger every week?!" STFU.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kissthesky32 right?! Smh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 seriously? 
  • Options
    jess0211 said:
    Ooo and another
    "Are you going to just keep getting bigger and bigger every week?!" STFU.
    It's too bad you're not around my coworkers. All they do is tell me how I don't even look pregnant (which I currently like hearing) and once I "pop" I think they'll just tell me how cute I look. They're the best.

Also, like @kissthesky32 said, yeah that's generally how it works. I feel like you work with tactless teenagers!!

• Options
    NYTino24 said:
    @DuchessOfCambridge I get, "You don't look pregnant from behind. Must be a boy!" All the time. Um, stop looking at my @$$ and commenting on my body. 
    When I was about 7 months pregnant with my first, I had a client ask me to turn circles in front of her while she assessed my body for a gender prediction. She said "Well I can't really tell in your scrubs. Plus I don't know how wide your hips were to start with."
  • Options
    @NYTino24 @ooodalollly uh yeah, those are both weird and out of line. My coworkers just try to compliment me and make me feel good. Why doesn't everyone know to either do that or just STFU? Some people don't want to be complimented either so unless you know, just be quiet.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge that's exactly how I would described my coworkers.

@NYTino24 seriously? I would be explaining how looking at and commenting on my butt is sexual harrassment. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NYTino24 @ooodalollly uh yeah, those are both weird and out of line. My coworkers just try to compliment me and make me feel good. Why doesn't everyone know to either do that or just STFU? Some people don't want to be complimented either so unless you know, just be quiet.
    That's their way of telling me that I'm "all belly" since I WAS "so tiny" before. They also have said that you can tell my coworker (who is due in September) is having a girl because she is "puffy in the face". Um, thanks? PS it's all females who are commenting.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @Furmommy what is wrong with ppl!? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    car1acar1a member
    jess0211 said:
    Eta us pregnant ladies are supposed to eat every 3 hours, docs orders. Your coworker needs to stfu.
    Did your doc suggest this? I need to get better at snacking, I'm a 'meals' person. 
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~