November 2017 Moms
Options

Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

Re: Sh*t People Say to Pregnant Women

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BayCamp I literally cannot believe the things people say! You look great and not wide in your HDBD pictures <3
    @cmessamore that's disgusting. I don't like crude conversation and that is just so unnecessary.

• Options
    @elizabethschuyler omg yes...I got better sleep when DS was a newborn than I got the whole last four months of that pregnancy.  And with this one, I seem to be up at 2 and 4am every night with bizarre dreams and restlessness in between.  The people who tell us to sleep now can suck it. 

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We had sooo many people ask if our first was an accident since they knew I was still in college for another year and noone knew we were trying at all. That particular month was a surprise since I thought I had ovulated a week earlier when I was out of town... But we hadn't been using any form of birth control for most of a year, sooo no not a surprise. My husband always answered "not that it's your business but we had unprotected sex so not a surprise" I love him. Always has my back so I don't have to answer questions like that when he's around.
  • Options
    @furmommy People keep asking if I'm having a VBAC.  I just tell them it's a very personal decision and I may end up keeping it personal.  Many will ask you those kinds of questions (or offer the unsolicited advice) and I find that to be a very broad but acceptable answer.  It's just a nice way of saying "it's not relevant to you, so don't worry about it"

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    2Dash2Dash member
    I got a ..."Wow are you having a third on purpose??  Let's hope this time it's a girl"  grrrrrrrrr!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily OMG this is a pet peeve of mine. I have so many GNC friends that we are really sensitive to this, and people demanding the gender drive me nuts. We will know the sex, gender will become clear later! We are going to find out the sex, but I'm half tempted to only tell a handful of close friends because if we get 8,000 heavily gendered items we will never use, I'll be so cranky!  
  • Options
    @Tourmalily I personally do not mind getting pink for a girl/blue for a boy but your post was so amazing hahaha

• Options
    When DD1's bio dad found out I was pregnant with DD2 he said "oh that must be why you look like you gained weight" I know it was just a jab at me though. Shortly after I had given birth to her some stranger said "wow you look like you are expecting" I politely said I already had the baby and died a little inside for still looking so pregnant when I wasn't. I would NEVER assume someone was pregnant for this reason. 
  • Options
    ineedsixeggsineedsixeggs member
    edited May 2017
    @am+mommy Same. I also had a sweet older lady I didn't know ask me when my baby's sibling was due. Sorry your daughter's father is an a-hole. 
  • Options
    2Dash2Dash member
    @oodalollly - Yes!  When I was holding my week old DS1 my FIL said we shouldn't wait too long before we have #2.  Seriously dude? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BayCamp OMG YES. I heard that so many times. Another reason I'm dreading announcing because I really don't want to hash out the details of my next birth plan or hear how shocked/thrilled anyone is that we decided to have another after all that. 
  • Options
    Why does anyone care about my decision to know the sex of the baby or not.   Lots do find out and lots don't.   I want to be surprised and am not a huge planner so it doesn't bother me to not know.  But it is always one of the first questions.  My SIL keeps asking as if I'm going to change my mind with her constant questioning.