May 2017 Moms
Options

**Weekly Randoms 5/15-5/19**

124»

Re: **Weekly Randoms 5/15-5/19**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    So I chose today to start wearing a corset. It's 87 degrees outside with a forecast of over 90. It's only May so there's no ACs in the windows yet. It's 77 in my living room.
  • Options
    Stupid question- I'm planning to take my rings off whenever we finally head to the hospital...? Assuming that's pretty much what everyone does?
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I'm going to switch mine out with my fake set I wear when travelling etc. just in case. That's what I did last time too but it would have been fine just to leave my real set on I think it's just one less thing to worry about if there were some emergency situation. 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 we did all jewelry off but that lead to them asking if we were actually legally married for something some form. I can't remember everything. Do we get the social security card in the mail and have to pick up the birth certificate? 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 Yes, I took my rings off before I went to the hospital. 

@Yiggle09 Yes, social security card should come in the mail and then depending on where your located you either have to go pick up the birth certificate or you can apply for/order it online. The hospital gave us all the info on where to get it. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 all of my jewelry will stay in my bag in the car until we get to our post part room. With my unexpected CS with DD, they wanted me to remove all of my jewelry and I was panicking because I couldn't get my cartlidge (sp?) earring out. So for me, I think it's better to remove ahead of time than be trying to rip something out/off last minute. 

@Yiggle09 yes, SS card was mailed and we had to go pick up the birth certificate. I remember having to pay $25 to get the birth certificate the day that I went to put in the request if I wanted it that day, otherwise you could not pay and come pick it up another day. I don't know if that is true everywhere. 
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited May 2017
    @kns1988 - my mom says the same thing. She says your uterus can detach if you overdo it during the pp period. Definitely an old wives' tale and I agree to just go by amount of bleeding.  If you see an increase or you go back to bright red bleeding, then you know it's time to put your feet up and take it easy. 

@ShadeofGreen816 - I just wore my rings the whole time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Stupid question- I'm planning to take my rings off whenever we finally head to the hospital...? Assuming that's pretty much what everyone does?
    I didn't wear any jewelry to the hospital, just another thing to think about it feels like.
  • Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    @shadeofgreen816 I left my ring at home last time and once we got settled in, I asked DH to bring it to hospital (we live less than 5 mins away).  I had to quit wearing my ring this week so I cleaned it, put it in its box, and packed in my "keep close" hospital bag.  I know I'll want it again. I feel so naked without.  
  • Options
    I plan on taking mine off in the near future so I don't have to worry about it in the hospital. My ring is due for its cleaning soon so it can just stay shiny longer!
  • Options
    @kns1988 That sounds wild to me. What does "go back to normal" mean? I didn't really take it easy with DS1 and really haven't this time because 2 under 2 and one of them is closing in on 35 lbs. 

Man I am the odd lady out on the rings. I took my rings off months ago and am trying to figure out when I will feel required to wear them again. I love my rings, but I don't like wearing jewelry and never wear them at home anyway. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kns1988 That sounds wild to me. What does "go back to normal" mean? I didn't really take it easy with DS1 and really haven't this time because 2 under 2 and one of them is closing in on 35 lbs. 

Man I am the odd lady out on the rings. I took my rings off months ago and am trying to figure out when I will feel required to wear them again. I love my rings, but I don't like wearing jewelry and never wear them at home anyway. 
    Same here! I never wear my rings around the house, even when not pregnant. I'm terrible.
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    Is there still a thread for moms of multiples? I can't seem to figure out a schedule that leaves time for anything other than feeding and I'm wondering if that's normal for this stage :)

Also camille had a hard time breathing at first and we were told to keep an eye on it and call the Dr if she was flaring her nose, her color was off, or her chest was compressing harder. She is an extremely grunty baby and breathes very loudly most of the time So i don't even know if she is having a hard time BC she always breathes diff than sofie but since yesterday she is sleeping a ton and not eating as much ( maybe like a half ounce less per feeding but I'm having to work really hard to get that in her) and between that and how much she is grunting,  would you take her in?? 
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    I just hate to bug the drs so often...  Ive had to call three days this week bc we just realized sofie has a milk protein allergy and she had blood in her stool. With my dd1 we were there all the time and i felt like i was being annoying but i dont like to just guess id rather the dr see and normally my intuition has been right, but in this case i just cant tell. Im used to very colicky babies so is sleeping allllll day normal??? Idk and the decrease in food isnt much but its enough to bother me, and her breathing has scared me since day 1 so with the exhaustion and worrying idk if im just going overboard or not. Ill most likely take her to ease my mind.
  • Options
    Hugs @Jkp7749 I agree with PPs. I would call. You're not being annoying. You're being a mom and your concerned for your child! 
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I'd call too. Rather be safe than sorry, worst comes to worst they say it's nothing!
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I would call and ask about it. I agree with the others that there are likely people who call more than you and if not who cares- you're a momma concerned about her babies. 
  • Options
    Does anyone have experience with silent reflux in infants? DS gets really fussy about 10 mins after eating. He doesn't spit up, but he arches his back, fuses, grunts, and, after initially falling asleep post meal, wakes up 10 mins later and won't settle back down. I have a pediatrician appointment on Monday and will ask then. But I'm losing faith in our current doctor. She's really great about most things, but she has a personal vendetta against cow's milk. When DD turned one, she told us kids (or anyone) shouldn't drink milk.  At DS's first appt, she told me that I should avoid diary since I'm breastfeeding because breastfed babies can't handle dairy proteins. Yes, I know that's a thing, but not every BF kid is sensitive to dairy proteins. So I worry she's going to want me to try that route first when he's not showing any signs of dairy sensitivity. His poop is normal and his skin is fine. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot: I can't answer this specifically, though will say that it's my understanding that reflux can present differently among diff babies. My older son went months without a diagnosis b/c his symptoms weren't perfectly textbook. Yours is showing that fussiness and being unsettled after feedings, which makes me think reflux too. The sphincter doesn't fully develop until the 1 year old mark, so I think it's a more likely culprit than a sensitivity/allergy, you know?

And re the doctor: If you're hesitant about her approach, maybe consider seeking a second opinion before leaving her altogether. You said she's great about most things except the milk, so maybe for this one issue, bring someone else onboard? I'd be interested to see what they say on Monday, good luck!
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot my son had reflux. Not silent though. He was constantly spitting up and would cry right after eating. More milk would soothe his throat so he would just eat and eat and eat and then spit up non stop. It took a couple doctors appointments for them to take me serious that it was an issue since he was gaining weight. I thought it was my breast milk causing the issue but they advised me to keep up with the bf and not to switch to formula. They prescribed zantac which helped a little bit with the crying after feedings. Ultimately we just had to wait for him to grow out of it and it started to get better around 6 months when he was eating more solid foods. Good luck... Its hard...hopefully you can find out some solutions.. I think the reflux is what caused my son to be so fussy and have sleep issues. 
  • Options
    ChristinaWildChristinaWild member
    edited May 2017
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot - DS was diagnosed with silent reflex at 5 weeks. He wouldn't nap for more than 45 minutes and screamed and spit up constantly. Pediatrician put him on Prevacid, which did nothing to help, then recommended I stop BF'ing and give him formula because it's thicker and easier to digest for babies with reflux. I was a stubborn mom though, and two LC visits later found out he had posterior tongue tie (hard to see/diagnose). We got it corrected at 3 months and literally within 2 days I saw a difference. May not apply to your situation, but I figured I'd mention it in case it helps!

ETA: Elliott started doing the arched back screaming thing earlier this week, and I took her in for an eval - also had posterior tongue tie that both the hospital and pediatrician didn't see

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @starphish18 that list is great!  I think it's really smart to think through these issues before they arise and talk about them beforehand.  I'm not a FTM but may do something like this with DH anyway in preparation for the transition to 2.  Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    @SKZW @ChristinaWild @lrwardrop Thank you! It also looks like he might have a tongue tie. He can't stick it out and it's a heart shape on the end. Aside from her weid milk issues, I do like our dr. She's highly recommended locally and I serve on a board with her husband. I also like the other doctors at her practice so I could always switch to one of them too. 

@starphish18 great list! Instead of working through that list, I think DH and I hashed out our transition issues with the first kid. Our processes for this second kid have been so much smoother. It would have been helpful to ID those issues before we had DD. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @starphish18 thanks for sharing! I'm going to do that with H when he gets home tonight.
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot yeah, my younger daughter had dairy and soy sensitivity/allergy. I'm not sure about all kids, but hers didn't look anything like reflux. It was like colic and funky scary looking poop. 
    I've heard that with silent reflux, you see them swallow a lot as they're crying. Like, stomach acid/milk is coming up but they're swallowing instead of spitting. 
  • Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot is he pooping okay? DD did the back arching thing when she was super gassy or needed to poop, so we would bike her legs until something happened and she was good after.  Or if its reflux related is he staying upright/inclined after nursing for a half hour minimum? 

@starphish18  iI love how you and your DH did that. Thats such a fantastic way to communicate before baby is here. I think STMs can benebenefit greatly from that too because theres concern about roles with the older kid (s)