May 2017 Moms
Options

**Weekly Randoms 5/15-5/19**

jayandaplusjayandaplus member
edited May 2017 in May 2017 Moms
Good morning ladies! How's everyone's Monday?

I feel like this is where many of us are these days...

Re: **Weekly Randoms 5/15-5/19**

• Options
    Well hello there :D
  • Options
    @thistlenweeds I saw in Hogwarts you were up feeding in the MOTN. Feeding again? How's it going?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, that meme is me. Going in to week 39 and just  totally checked out of work and ready to be home and enjoy the nice weather with new baby - Not siked about labor (this is my 2nd), but she's measuring small so hopefully it'll be no biggie.
    DS Born 1/12/13 - Molar Pregnancy 3/2014/D&C 3/2015 - EDD with Baby #2 May 26th, 2017

• Options
    @jayandaplus That meme is also me. Today is my due date and no sign of baby coming. Today is also my first day of maternity leave and I almost wish I was at work still because the day is dragging. 
  • Options
    @mcvgal I can't believe your maternity leave is over! What a wild time. :( is there part of you that's ready to go back to work? Or just disappointed? 
  • Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    I have an appt tomorrow and will probably be offered a membrane sweep. I didn't have one with my first.  Is it painful?  Will it help progresss labor?
  • Options
    @mcvgal how bittersweet about maternity leave ending! Hopefully work isn't too horrible for you!
  • Options
    clebl24 said:
    @wombthereitis I'm going in for a car wash tomorrow.  No judging on the tint.  Plus it will be good to keep sun off baby.  
    My 2.5 year old lost it about how hot the car was yesterday and he was totally right. I had the windows done in my last car (because he complained about glare while rear facing) and this new one gets blazing hot, I only just bought it in February so I wasn't sure what to expect but it is pretty bad. I'm just hoping they find a cancellation and can get me in before the baby comes!

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    Random question: anyone have a bedrest pillow? Do you like it? Does it offer enough support?
  • Options
    @clebl24 I had a membrane sweep with my last pregnancy and it was definitely uncomfortable, but I wouldn't call it painful.
  • Options
    @mcvgal - I'm sorry your maternity leave is already coming to an end, hope you are able to enjoy your last full week.

I think today is my last day at work before my induction on Wednesday! I just need to make sure my temp is comfortable to work on her own tomorrow, which I don't think will be a problem it's just one day earlier then I originally planned. 

• Options
    mcvgal said:
    @ShadeofGreen816 I am ready for a little more adult interaction. I don't think I'd be a good SAHM because there have been times I feel close to losing my cool. So in that aspect I am ready to go back to work just for a little sanity. I am disappointed that I missed out on all the good weather I originally thought I'd have on maternity leave.  On a positive note, we are supposed to have good weather this week so I may get some outdoor activities in after all.
    I imagine that I'll feel similarly. It helps that I'll be going back at 2-3 days/week so thats nice. Enjoy your last week at home!! 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @clebl24 I had one at 39w3d last week and obviously it didn't cause labor for me but it did cause my mucus plug to fall out and a lot of cramping that night.

It was uncomfortable but I didn't think it was too painful. I'll prob get another one at my Wednesday appointment assuming I make it until then.

@MoshiMoshi7 happy due date to you too! The texting is non stop! I've just stopped responding haha. I'm sure that could make people think Im actually in labor. 
  • Options
    @chocolatelemons and @MoshiMoshi7 Happy due date!
    @mcvgal I hope you get to enjoy the weather your last week!
  • Options
    I've never had a sweep because I'm a whimp. My OB has never offered one during any of my pregnancies and I've never requested. I know it doesn't make sense, but I preferred an induction to a sweep because I knew what to expect painwise in an induction. I'm weird. Also, getting my cervix checked while in labor at 4cm was pretty painful. I might have yelled in the triage room. But yet labor contractions didn't seem *that bad* for me. My ute is also weird. 

As far as downsides, I assume a sweep comes with a slight risk of infection similar to that of a regular cervical check? 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    I've never had a membrane sweep, but I can commiserate with @lrwardrop - I was checked twice once we got to the hospital, and it was the knuckles on the OUTSIDE that made it painful. Like... can't you just shove your whole hand up there??? That would be better than what's currently going on down south! 
  • Options
    This has me wondering. I imagine those who have had super uncomfortable checks may have had a higher up cervix that they have to go deeper to feel anything. So now I'm stupidly curious, but is it also super uncomfortable for those when they check during a pelvis or whatever exam in addition to a pap smear? I mean it's not fun getting poked in your hoohaa that way but from a medical perspective :P

• Options
    @pshaortao I think my cervix is slightly off center normally, but pelvic exams aren't painful. Part of the pain of the triage check may have been a combo of being in labor and the nurse's technique. It wasn't excruciating, but it wasn't fun and I'd like to not experience that again. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @pshaortao - at my 36, 38, and 39 week appointment my doctor was unable to reach my cervix and it was pretty uncomfortable when she was trying to reach it. I don't remember having this problem when being checked with DS and my paps usually aren't as uncomfortable as these checks were either. 

• Options
    @pshaortao During a pelvic exam they just need to see the cervical os (opening), not insert fingers to feel dilation and effacement, so it'd make sense a cervical check hurts more than a pelvic exam.
  • Options
    @starphish18 How scary! I hate being down a toilet even though we have three. I assume you have others? I hope he can fix it tonight and this just blows over, and then it's fixed, and all's well!
  • Options
    @starphish18 oh no! Our home is older and quick fixes typically turn into huge projects. Fingers crossed it is all set tonight.
  • Options
    @mdlorenz I don't know why but I am super worried about water breaking during the sweep. I've heard it's rare, but I'm wondering how rare. Is it the provider's technique that could cause it, or, which is what I'm thinking, the bag probably would have broken very soon anyway (like it was friable and the sweep grazed it just enough to cause the tension to snap)?