December 2017 Moms

Names for LO?

Re: Names for LO?

• We are so conflicted for a girl.....I like more unique names: Hollis, Leighton, Vera. My husband likes very traditional names like Abigail and Charlotte.  Our boy name is Austin (named after grandfather)
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @Mandayno My BFF and her husband are super Italian and some names they tossed around were: Luca, Marco, Dominic, and Alessandro (with potential nn Alex.) They went with Landon which is just about as un-Italian as you can get. 
  • Loading the player...
  • vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited May 2017
    We've decided on Wilhelmina Diana for a girl. Nickname will be Willa. Both our dads are William and Diana is after DH's aunt who passed a few years back from breast cancer. We love the way it sounds with DD's name (Evangeline Phillippa). I'm secretly hoping for one more chance to name another girl, because I really want Josephine as a middle name. My grandma chose Jo as my mom's middle name after Josephine from Little Women. It's also my middle name and one of my cousins middle names. I'd love to use it as well, but I fought hard for Phillippa and agreed that the next girl would be Diana. We'll just have to wait and see if we can use it!

As for boy names, hell if I know. We can't agree on anything. I love Julian, but he's not a fan. He likes Maksym and Magnus, but I don't like them at all. I want a boy's name that flows with our girls names, but I'm just not finding one we can agree on.

Edited for grammar.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NME44NME44 member
    @vvitchhazel, that's a beautiful name for a girl.
  • ChelK3ChelK3 member
    We've had our names picked out for quite some time. A boy will be Demitrius nn Tree. Girl will be Dahlia nn Dolly. I'm not sure on middle names yet, but I was thinking if I have the baby on Christmas (due date is the 20th) I'd do Noel or Joy or something like that. Otherwise, i really have no idea for middle names! 
  • dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @ChelK3 I love Noel! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • NME44NME44 member
    @ChelK3, Noel or Joy are perfect as mn for Christmas time! If you have a girl, would you spell it Noelle?
  • I love seeing everyone's names.  H and I have names picked out, in theory, but I'm interested to see if they change once this becomes real.  We both tend to like traditional, preppy, names.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Naming kids for us is so difficult because my DH never, ever, ever suggests names, he just says no to the ones I like. It took us a long time to name our first two sons, Levi Nicholas and Case William. Case is the abbreviated form of Cornelius, a family name but Case is on the birth certificate. As for now we are pretty dry on boy names. A few girl names that DH hasn't completely said no to yet are:

Iris
    Hope
    Esme
    Wynne

Thats about as far as progress goes. But we usually don't really get into baby naming discussions until baby is born. Hubs likes to see the baby before we pick the name.
  • ChelK3ChelK3 member
    edited May 2017
    @NME44 I hadn't thought of it, but yeah that would probably make sense to spell it Noelle for a girl!
  • baevnbaevn member
    @ChelK3 I knew a girl growing up named Noelle who was born on Christmas. 
  • I'm liking the name Cosima for a girl, but am wondering if it will cause pronunciation confusion?
    maybe there are enough Orphan Black fans that it will be fine....
  • @acgonzalez22 and @Jellybelly119 thank you so much for the suggestions!!!! I def needed these!!!! 

• @Amber_Waves one comment about pronouncing a name is that *most* people will learn your LO name through talking anyway. So the only ones to say it wrong are annoying telemarketers and teachers on the first day. I say if you like it, do it. 
  • @Amber_Waves Huge OB fan here and I love the name Cosima. I wouldn't stress about pronunciation. As someone with a name people struggle to pronounce, it's really not that big of a deal. You correct them once or twice and they've got it. Plus Cosima is kind of a no-brainer... It's one of those names where people will probably be like OHHH that makes way more sense.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What names are you considering?
    Boy: Ezekiel Joseph, Oliver Joseph
    Girl: Lennon, Ainsley (mn Jane or James, maybe)
    But we're still exploring other options.

Where are you getting the inspiration for those names?
    My dad (technically my stepdad, but he was my dad, my father is my father/sperm donor) passed away last year. He had one bio daughter, but he always joked that he wanted to name her Zekey Mortimer if she was a boy. Anyway, we actually kind of like Ezekiel/Zeke, so that would be in honor of my dad. Joseph is DH's mn and also his dad's and grandpa's, so that's set in stone.
    Lennon I heard for the first time a few years ago at my sister's now-husband's birthday. His baby cousin was there and her name was Lennon. (We don't mix much with my [technically step] sister's family or his family, so it wouldn't be an issue.) DH wasn't sold but it eventually grew on him. Jane is my middle name, and my mom's name is Jan. DH is also obsessed with Lebron and said, "I'll let you pick the name if it's a girl if we can use James as a middle name." He wasn't totally serious, but I actually like James as a girl middle name.
    Oliver and Ainsley we just like.

What names is your SO thinking about?
    Aside from the ones we agree on, he likes Malachi but I'm not a huge fan. He jokingly says Lebronica for a girl. Lol. He also loves Rose but it's my sister's middle name so I don't really want to use it.

Any names you love but won't/cant use for some reason?
    Not that I can think of!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • rachswirachswi member
    @mjdsquared my DS is Ezekiel and we call him Zeke. We came up with his name early on and
    loved it ever since. 

This kid will either be Elijah Gerald (like Harold but with a G) or Sarah Lynn. 

DH's dad passed away in 2010 from ALS and his name was Gerald Lynn so we wanted to do something to honor him since no grandkids use his name. Elijah and Sarah are both names from the Bible that matched the middle names well. If it's a boy we will probably call him Eli.
  • Right now we have Brennan Allen and Everett Richard. Both middles are after grandparents.

I've already been flamed on the baby name board, but pretty sure our boy name is Memphis Randall. Memphis is from our favorite movie and his first name in the movie is Randall, which happens to be DHs name too. Plus we both have bluegrass roots and love Memphis. 

For a girl, we have no clue.  We had a name Melaina Charlotte, but Trump.... all I'm saying about the topic.  I want to use Charlotte as a middle preferably because it was DHs favorite grandma who just passed.  If Charlotte wasn't so popular right we'd probably just use that. But being one of the 1000s of late 80s Amandas, I hated having a super popular name.

Hopefully we'll start to agree on something eventually,  or we just have a boy.  Haha

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • We decided on David (Dave) or Beverly. It was surprisingly easy getting there. We told our families that we will find out the sex and tell them, but that we're keeping the name to ourselves until LO arrives.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @MJDsquared my cousin's baby's name is Anslee Jane  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited May 2017
    Our boy name is 99% going to be James Allan. The middle name ~~~may~~~ change, but I doubt it. FN is DH's late father's first name and MN is DH's middle name. I like James and I think Allan goes well with it, so works for me as long as LO is called James and not Jimmy. FX for that to work in my favor.

Girl names are a little harder. We never really had one for DS if he was a girl. We both liked Eleanor NN Ellie but that seems to have just exponentially grown in popularity so I am kind of over that choice. We both really like Cecelia/Cecilia NN CeCe/CC but DH's name is Casey and he thinks CC and Casey may be too close. Also, LO is Charlie and I don't want to look Duggary even though the all Cs is strictly coincidental. We also like Delaney. DH likes MN Mae so if it goes with the FN we choose, I am ok with that as well. 

edited for spelling

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @flowerpower5838 I have a cousin named James after his father and he goes by Jamie. I agree that Jimmy is not very cute. And btw I LOVE Delaney Mae! So sweet!
  • KirssKirss member
    If it's a boy odds are it will be James, DH and FIL are both James, one goes by Jim and the other Jimmy. It is kind of funny hearing a 35 y/o go by Jimmy, but it is what it is. If we have a boy and it's James I really hope he goes by James or Sue which is the first syllable of my maiden name, my maiden name would be the mn. My boy name Sue, he'll grow up quick and grow up mean. lol 

Girl.... If need be, we'll deal with that after the gender scan. :wink:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • DH was going on and in front of people yesterday about his choice of boy names (which i mentioned above that i HATE). its like my hatred of the name means nothing to DH at all. doesnt matter. wth!!
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • AMCsquared Ugh.  This sounds familiar.  My husband has a love affair with the names Ramses and Sebastian, which I'm not into at all.  Move on and help me find names we both love, honey.
  • @Mandayno   I always loved the name Enzo!  My girlfriend is very Italian and loves the name Americo (pronounced am-er-ee-co).  My husband and I are very Irish, so it really wouldn't fit for us, but I think they are such cool names!  :)

I am loving the names Amelia, Lucy and Logan.  I have other names in mind, but those are currently my tops.  We haven't discussed names too much, yet.  If it's a boy, the middle name will definitely be David after my late father-in-law.  I'm a teacher, so there are a whole bunch of names that are out.  ;)   Love hearing everyone's choices!

• carlialexis  I really like Violet.
    Jellybelly119  I love Eliza, makes me think of My Fair Lady, which I loooove.
    vauxthekate  Ziggy is so cute!  Did you get it from that book/tv series, Big Little Lies?  I listed to the audio book but haven't had the time to watch the tv version yet.  The Ziggy character was so darling.

We are considering:
    Axel for a boy, maybe Axel Lee.  Lee is DH's middle name.
    Rae for a girl. Maybe Rae Lynn.  Lynn is my middle name and my mom's name. NN Rainey.

DS is Lars, which is a very popular and common name in the Netherlands.  Axel is also common and popular there so I think they go well together.  I know there is also the musical cliche.  Lars was in part named after Lars Ulrich of Metallica.  I was also a big fan of GNR as a teen, so there is that, which can be considered bad or good.  Some will probably hate it.  

I picked Rae after I heard a This American Life Podcast a year or so ago.  The main character was Lorraine and went by Rainey.  Somehow Rae popped into my head.

So far SO has no other names.  He comes up with completely oddball names.  Stranger than mine.  So, I usually laugh the off.  But he prefers 1 syllable names which I also like.

• I like Louisa Jean for a girl, DH is okay with that. DH and I both like Jules Lynne for a girl also. Jules would work for a boy also. Jules Edward would be the option. We are just tossing names around right now, after we find out the sexes we will get down to a name decision. All three middles names are family names.
  • DD is Charlie. 
    We have agreed on a girls name: Rory
    We cannot agree on a boys name: I like Grayson DH likes Maverick or Kroy. I really don't like Kroy...nms. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love hearing all the name choices!

For a boy we like Max, Isaac (or Izak), Elijah (Eli), Asher

For a girl we like Max(ine), Alice, Pauline (great grandmother's name), Hannah, Eva, and Ursula even popped up as a contender! I kinda like all the grandma sounding names. :)

With DD it was a lot easier, because we named her after DH's beloved grandmother. This time none of the close family names feel right to us.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow, you are all so far ahead. DH and I can't even agree on a last name! What are you all doing for last names (those of you that don't have the same last name as you SOs)?
  • @Amber_Waves ah at least I know I'm not alone!! Why don't they get that hello we should both like the names. I don't even want to think about it until we know the gender bc clearly the boy name is going to be a huge fight 
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • @camomile_june DF and I have different last names. I've decided to give LO his last name. Mostly because I have issues with my family, but also because my last name got me picked on in middle school so I don't want LO to deal with that either. (I'm also secretly hoping to have his last name eventually anyway... we've been dating a while, and while I've told him I don't need to marry him [long story] it's still a hope lol)
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    There are so many wonderful names already in this thread. You are such creative people.

We picked two girl first names and two boy first names a long time ago when we were first trying that we both still love. The current favorites are Katiana Elise (nn Katja) and Alexander (mn undecided). Our runner up names are Mikaela (mn undecided) and Zachary Owen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bkrahnbkrahn member
    @ameliabedelia-2 LOVE the name leighton!! 
  • @camomile_june our kiddo will have his dad's last name. It's a big deal to his family and not at all a big deal to me or my family. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• NME44 said:
    Here are a couple of my faves if others need inspiration:

Nicholas
    Sebastian
    Benjamin

Cecily
    Rosalie
    Colette
    Laurel
    Natalie
    My oldest's name is Sicilly. I wanted to stick to the spelling of Sicily, just like the island in Italy but exH insisted on the extra L. Can't change it now, she's 7 years old and I have it tattooed on my back. Lol.
    But I get compliments on her name all the time.
  • Our boy name is Cannon, which is DHs middle name.
    Our girl name will most likely be Jane, although we hadn't settled on it yet. I made the mistake of confiding this to my best friend, and she's already kind of ruined it for me.