December 2017 Moms

Baby purchases!

Re: Baby purchases!

• @kyrwyn we went to Toys RUs to do some in person registering and our nursery theme is airplanes, but for clothing I've been gravitating towards dinosaurs too! There are so many fun dino things out there! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @hellothere47 @whiska I love mudpie and I love Christmas. She'll more than likely be here December 8. So that's still plenty of time to wear our Christmas. Haha. DD has 10 Christmas outfits. TEN!!!!! I have a problem. Hahaha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kyrwyn I'm totally Team Dino, found this on Pinterest, so now the search of where to purchase begins! 

• @KathrynJ088 Oh my goodness! That is adorable!  I was physically unable to leave buybuybaby without this once we passed the end of first tri landmark:
     It's the tiny claws (and the little ridges on the hat, which you can't see in this picture) that got me most.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• MandaynoMandayno member
    edited September 2017
    DH surprised me when I woke up today by having baby's bassinet! I had no idea he was purchasing it, and he knew I was stressed about whether or not we would get it at the baby shower! It melted my heart that he was so thoughtful for both the baby and me. Even more, it was the one I have been wanting ever since we found out I was pregnant, the Halo Bassinet!

Edited for spelling...

• @kyrwyn my DH loves dinosaurs and I actually gave him a gift bag with a gender neutral onsie with little dinos all over it and my pregnancy tests to tell him I was pregnant (didn't know we were having two at that point), so we are totally on board with #TeamTrex, though I love #TeamBear too!
  • My DD has a hot pink bear coat and a vest with ears, both courtesy of her grandmother. She looked so cute in them, but has outgrown them now. I don't think any of the fall gear I got her has ears, which makes her seem all grown up (at 1 year old-ha!). We do call her Bear, though

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Target has a super cute brown bear snuggly baby suit right now. I thought of you guys :)
  • @leilagphillips and everyone else who bought those adorable animal winter suits, I just want to say that you probably won't ever use them! We live in WI where it is super cold and I had two of them, but they were too thick to use with the infant carseat, so the only time they got used was the one or two times we actually went outside for something that wasn't in a car seat.  Just a thought, it's one of those items where you may want to save your money!  I love how cute they look though in them!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tmk0325 Thanks for the input! I just added it to our registry, so if we get them I'm sure I'll find a few occasions to use them, but if not it's no big deal and I probably won't purchase them myself.
  • Crib arrived this week. Went to assemble
    it today. Huge 5" crack in one leg. Cue all the sadness and angst.
  • @elcd458 boo! That's so disappointing.  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Got our double stroller today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KathrynJ088 yep I only registered for necessities... but I guess those aren't "cute or fun" lol. I was hoping to pick out clothes myself and have necessities bought for me... but it looks like it will be the other way around. Oh well. I did get the diaper bag and nose frida I wanted- but that's about it. 
  • I put a few clothes on the registry but more so that I could signal the type of stuff we actually like. I guess that's a plus for team green - people don't get as excited about buying ivory and light green sleepers as they do about tiny tutus and mini bow ties lol. 
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• @balletnerd oy... we literally registered for just one piece of clothing for each of them (the bear rompers). I'm sure people are going to lose their minds buying them matching outfits though and like @KathrynJ088 we already have received a lot of hand me downs for boy clothes, none for girls yet.
  • @balletnerd this is the way we were with DD1. And I took tons back. You can scan it to see where it came from and then exchange it for gift cards. We are having a sprinkle and do need clothes (because she's a different season than DD1). Hoping to get diapers and gift cards. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BalletNerd - Great stuff!  Do you live in the DC area?  That's a lot of DC sports stuff! 

We're big Nats fans here, so I'm sure our LO will have some similar Nats gear! 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • I purposely only registered for a few items of clothing because I knew people were going to buy tons of it anyway. Lo and behold, when I check registry statuses. every single one of those few clothing items has been purchased and hardly anything else! 
  • @Tennis11785 we are originally from the D.C. Area. We moved to Phoenix AZ 3 years ago. I do love the Nats gear we got :) 
  • @balletnerd - I didn't think you lived in DC now, but I wasn't sure when I saw all that DC sports gear.  But that makes sense.  Go Nats!

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @balletnerd   you needs a Washington Capitals onesie, complete the set!

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @balletnerd while those baby clothes are super cute, it sucks you didn't get anything you actually need! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• dkizz82 How do you scan clothes to figure out where they came from?   We registered for ZERO clothes, my MIL is spreading the "no clothes" word, AND we are team green, but I live in fear of the onesie avalanche.
  • @Amber_Waves I have iPhone and use the app red laser. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• dkizz82 said:
    @Amber_Waves I have iPhone and use the app red laser. 
    dkizz82 said:
    But it seems that isn't working so try shop saavy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dkizz82 said:
    dkizz82 said:
    But it seems that isn't working so try shop saavy. 
    Thanks!   <3