December 2017 Moms
Options

Baby purchases!

Admit it, who is already shopping? What was your first (or all!) baby purchase you have made? If you haven't yet, what will yours be?
Me 29 I Him 26
Married 4/22/16
TTC 9/2015
**TW**
BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
TTCAL 6/15/16
BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
BabyFetus Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Baby purchases!

• Options
    I haven't bought anything yet. I am waiting until after the NT scan, we will also find out the sex at the time. Then I will probably buy some newborn/0-3 months winter stuff on sale. GAP always has great sales off season. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    Marley629Marley629 member
    edited May 2017
    I've been holding off until we know the sex as well. I have alll the boy clothes we would ever need (although that won't stop me from buying more lol) but if this is a girl, I have a whole cartful of stuff ready to buy! 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So far I have bought 4 cloth diapers (trying to stock up along the way), a couple decorative things that can work in either nursery we go with, and a diaper bag (it was like 70% off!). My mom also ordered our crib already!!
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Not yet - even though it's our third we have a few things we'll need to update, like our infant car seat which expired. I'm waiting until after we meet with the genetic counselor to make sure all looks OK.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't bought anything and probably won't until we find out the sex at the anatomy scan. If it's a boy, I can't imagine we'll get too much with the exception of maybe filling in the seasonal gaps since DS is a March baby. I am kind of nervous for the spending spree I'll go on if baby is a girl because there is SO much cute girl stuff out there. 

I am keeping my eyes open on BSTs for a good double stroller though, so as soon as I see something I do plan to buy that.

And also I am going to go to my local BWI meeting this month and test out the new Free-To-Grow Tula so I mayyyy end up with one of those if I can sell a few of my carriers first.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    ktlee80ktlee80 member
    The only thing I bought was the "announcement" onesie of my favorite band. I'm posting it along with my dog that says "newest fan coming in December... Gizmo is going to be a big brother!" Hubs and I will probably start buying more stuff after the first trimester. 
    Me: 37, Hubs: 41, Furbaby: Gizmo
    11/2011: dx with Stage 1 Thyroid Cancer 03/2012: dx with Endometriosis

March 2017 IVF - Lil Jedi due 12/06/2017

• Options
    Oh and yes, Baby Gap usually does have AWESOME deals on off-season clothes. Keep in mind that they usually run a bit smaller than other brands!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    Nothing until we get our genetics test results next week. I have a ton of things still from DS, so we will wait and see. We do need an updated infant seat.
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    I bought a small stuffed horse to match big siblings' stuffed horses. I also have all the girl or boy clothing I need (although if a girl I could probably use some warmer clothes, since DD was born in April.) I'm toying with the idea of team green, but I will buy a little special outfit for this baby. Background: for their "month" pictures, I had DS dress in white each month (which worked out great Bc his baptism was at 5 months and he just wore that little suit) and DD dressed in pink each month. So the first outfits they each wore were special in white and in pink. I'll do the same with this baby. If we don't find out, or if it's a boy I'll probably do green. If it's a girl I'll do purple.

so, TL;DR: already bought a stuffed horse; will buy an outfit.
  • Options
    I bought a few neutral onsies from Carters when they were having a 70% off sale and I had another online coupon. This weekend DH saw me reading about strollers and reading reviews, then he decided that he had a "favorite" and then, get this... he just made the purchase on a whim on Sunday morning. While I love that he's all of the sudden become so enthusiastic since our first ultrasound, I was annoyed at the purchase. It's a big decision and a large purchase before we've made it out of the first tri. He did get one that has great reviews and he had a nice coupon that took off 20%, but still. 

Truth: it arrives today and while still irritated, I'm excited too :) 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• Options
    I have had the urge, but I just can't. I haven't even had a doctor appt yet! I'm several weeks behind a lot of you though. I think once I have a dr appt and make sure everything is okay, then I'll get a couple small things. Luckily, we still have a lot from when DS was little. I've pretty much saved everything :#   Will have to get a new infant seat at some point. As others said though, if this LO is a girl, I will have to do a little extra shopping! lol

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    @flowerpower5838 I'm eyeing that Tula too!!
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    I haven't bought anything. Although o just ordered DD some outfits for next spring and I almost ordered the matching boy outfits. I don't know why I think it's a boy so much but I do. Nevertheless, I didn't buy them. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love hearing that everyone is "trying" to fight the urge. Hehe. We are doing the same, waiting till our 12 week scan and to find out the sex. But after that the flood gates will open and God help my DH. Lol. Though he already picked out his carrier for hismelf, I'm pretty sure it's called the mission critical carrier. It looks like a bullet proof vest! Ha! And even though my mom hasn't said she did yet, but she had us pick out the crib that we like and show her. I have a feeling she ordered it already! Our 12 week scan is in less then two weeks. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Not a bad idea!!  @KathrynJ088  
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Options
    ohmickey331ohmickey331 member
    edited May 2017
    If it's a boy we have everything plus more haha. The few things I do plan on purchasing for sure is the Halo bassinet, a diaper genie for down stairs, and maybe a swing so I don't have to lug the mamaroo up and down the stairs. If it's a girl I will probably go bankrupt at Janie and Jack lol. Oh also a new Tula since then released a new style.
  • Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    @KathrynJ088
     diapers count, especially with twins!! I would recommend getting a few different brands to try, because you might find out you like some better than others!  Also a great time to stock pile is when Target does their big baby sale in Mid July.  They do like $20 gift cards when you buy two boxes, plus the big gift cards with money back when you spend so much!  :)  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KathrynJ088 I also agree with @tmk0325. For DS, omen particular brand gave him a rash, whereas another didn't. 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• Options
    I preferred huggies with my 2 kiddos, didn't think about possible skin sensitivities though! We're not opening them or anything, so can always exchange at the store with another brand when the time comes if needed!
  • Options
    @tmk0325 ahhhhh thanks so much for that really good pointer!
  • Options
    whiskawhiska member
    tmk0325 said:
    For those of you FTM finding out the sex and planning on having a baby shower, I seriously would not buy much clothes. Once people find out the gender of your baby you can plan on getting a ton of clothes at your shower.  

For previously team green FTMs, did you still get a lot of clothes? Honestly the only clothes I can think of registering for are staples like plain onesies and basic sleepers. (Side note: It will be fun to see a registry thread get going later!) I understand that neutral is harder to buy for but it seems like people still really like to buy clothes!!

I haven't purchased anything except the Mayo book about pregnancy that was recommended in the Baby Book thread and also "The Belly Book" I think it's called. I feel like that's tempting fate but I want a place to chronicle things for as long as they're good. And I wanted more of a traditional pregnancy book for me and DH to both read. 

I might dip my toe into looking and strollers and such after all the screenings are resulted around 14 weeks. 
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    I bought 2 board books 
  • Options
    @whiska I was team green with DS. I was surprised at how many ppl got us 2 outfits (one boy and one girl) in 1 gift box. It was super sweet! We just returned the girl stuff once he came. I also got a lot of neutral greens, orange, and greys from people. There are plenty of neutral options at all stores and cute ones at that! People also tend to buy clothes once baby is here so try not to worry about having enough. 
  • Options
    Haven't bought anything yet. We have most of the big stuff left over from DS but we will need a car seat, bouncer, and a few other things besides clothes. The first thing we buy will probably be a rock 'n' play - we couldn't live without it when DS was tiny, but I gave it away a couple of years ago. I'm looking forward to finding a good carrier this time around.

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Interestingly enough, 2 years ago I purchased a onesie, pant Christmas NB get up at an "after xmas sale" at Target.  We were trying, but I expected giving this to someone else due in December.  As fate would have it looks like it will be our little ones after all!

I travel a lot for my job so I'm thinking of getting a onesie or bib for every large or interesting city I pass through while PG.

Just a thought, but when we all get further along, can we make a thread or spreadsheet with all the places to purchase good baby clothes, supplies and maternity clothes? 
  • Options
    I haven't bought anything yet, I held out until literally the first day of the second trimester for my first pregnancy so I am sure I will be the same this time.  However, since I have a one year old, I won't need much anyway.  One thing I have my eye out for is a Tula.  Does anyone have experience with the free to grow? I want that one I believe.  They are having a sale right now but apparently the one I want does not qualify.  As far as gender neutral clothing, we didn't know the sex at my baby shower and I got lots of variety of gifts.  It was nice, although I am in the group of "any gift is a good gift".
  • Options
    @whiska We found out the sex (DH HAD to know), but we didn't tell anyone til she was born, so as far as everyone was concerned, we were team green. We still got some clothes--unisex/neutral things but mostly other stuff. I wanted unisex stuff anyway because we knew we wanted two eventually and wanted to be able to reuse things. DD has plenty of girly stuff, too, but a lot of her sleep and plays are from the boys dept--they still look cute on her and will work for a boy as well! Keeping the sex under wraps until after your shower is a good idea, IMHO.

@grochril  on my last board, we had a "Deals" post eventually where everyone could post if Carter's, Amazon, Target, or anywhere else had a big deal or sent out coupon codes--pretty handy!

I'm sure we'll get to registries eventually, but I really recommend doing multiple registries. We used Babylist for our actual shower (loved the comparison shopping they do!) but I also registered on Amazon, Target, and Babies R Us--you can get freebies as well as a completion discount at each (usually 15%). So anything you end up having to buy for yourself, you can use the discount on. We bought our own crib and some other things, so it came in really handy. I'll probably register for this baby, too, just for the discounts!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    My first purchase is a box of 648 wipes!
  • Options
    @breezybee Lenny lemons is THE WORST quality. Ever. All the items I've gotten from them fell apart after 3 washes... plus two outfits took 8 weeks to come in (from china) and didn't fit my DD. Unless you're set on something, don't waste your money.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so not ready to buy anything yet. But I did just order 2 books for my future kids lol. But it's books they can't even read until they are older haha. They were just too perfect and I didn't want to forget about them.
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    I bought the white Pottery Barn Kendall crib used off craigslist at 50% off and they threw in the mattress and a barely used highchair that attaches to a kitchen table so the baby can eat with us. They're both neutral so it works for a boy or girl.
  • Options
    @breezybee Lenny lemons is THE WORST quality. Ever. All the items I've gotten from them fell apart after 3 washes... plus two outfits took 8 weeks to come in (from china) and didn't fit my DD. Unless you're set on something, don't waste your money.
    This is makes me so sad I have been wanting to get a few things from there..bummer! Thanks for the heads up though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sdLindenberg OMG that breaks my heart!  Ugh!  Thanks for the heads up though. :(