October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly B-Fest (5/8)

Re: Weekly B-Fest (5/8)

• Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    @Boobopgirl Agh, finding a good Ped is so hard. I'm so adamant about not starting solids until milestones are met and not before 6 months. Thankfully we had an awesome Pediatrician when DD was still nursing (she was a nursing mom herself), but we have since moved. DH is in the Navy, so I really am hoping whoever this baby is assigned to is as awesome as DD's last Ped. We really like who she sees now, but she was 2 when we moved here, so I haven't have to deal with nursing or feeding advice when she was an infant lol. 

@shan24 Cloudy/rainy/windy here too. I'm so over it. I'm ready for summer to show up!

Agh, I feel for all of you with the bugs. Fruit flies are my arch nemesis. We had them SO bad last summer. As soon as we got rid of them we got ants. Thankfully we got rid of the ants pretty quickly. No bugs yet this year, but I'm scared to even go outside, because ticks are so bad in our area. 

My b-fest is this lovely post nasal drip that won't leave me alone. I've had it for weeks. I thought it was from allergies, but apparently just being pregnant is one of the leading causes of a post nasal drip. Who knew?! I'm so tired of waking up in the mornings and coughing from it. The coughing usually causes me to end up gagging and getting sick at least once a week. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @ChocolateIsLife That is no good! Farty cars are the worst. I'm sure it will air out soon though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @natleilynn I was thinking the same at first about peds and pedi lol!
  • Options
    BoobopgirlBoobopgirl member
    edited May 2017
    @sjohns908 Our first ped was a disaster.  Every time I went, she would tell me something different about breastfeeding and freak me out that I was doing it all wrong.  Then she'd call dh and tell him something completely different than she told me and insinuate that I was lying to him.  one day she said if I didnt have someone come help me with housework, she'd make me bring dd in every day for a weight check.  The day we finally put dd in the hospital, she was going to let us go home with yet another formula dd would have been allergic to. And I was the one who said "I'm sick of troubleshooting, we need to do more tests. let me just call my dh and make sure he's on the same page"  well then she totally changed her tone and wouldn't let me talk to dh privately and basically said I couldn't go home and get things together, but had to wait at her office until dh could get there.  if I left she would call cys. so she basically held me hostage in her office for HOURS and didn't offer me good or even water.  Good news is after that whole mess, dh was finally convinced we needed to switch peds. and generally was convinced to trust my intuition when it came to a dr. being crap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Boobopgirl holy crap. I don't even have words for how insane that is. I would have reported her and her BS
  • Options
    Oh and on the bug thing, I should have known we'd have a bug problem when the previous tenants left 8 cans of various bug sprays under the sink, but to be fair, I thought the wasp spray gas for the DECK, NOT the inside of the house....
  • Options
    @sjohns908. I was literally terrified she'd spin it some way and I'd end up losing my kid or I probably would have.
  • Options
    shan24shan24 member
    @Boobopgirl that doc sounds like a real winner!  DS's doc was dismissive of my concerns, too. He would spit up constantly, and at night, too. There isn't anything more terrifying than waking up to your newborn choking on his own vomit because he's on his back and can't roll over, yet. When I told the doc I was concerned about reflux, her response was to shrug and say "babies spit up". We brought it up at every well baby visit and got the same answer every time. 

Thankfully, there is a fantastic family practice nurse at that office who gave us some great advice on non-medicinal things we could do. It's a shame, too, because she was great with SO and I (she's a family doc). She's recently left the practice and her replacement seems good. 
  • Options
    @sjohns908 I'm sorry you woke up in a panic. I had major anxiety before my AS and didn't sleep at all the night before. Everything tuned out great and I'm sure it will for you too! *hugs*
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sjohns908 so sorry about your dream and anxiety regarding your A/S.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PizzaMonster3 @ChocolateIsLife thank you both. I have always been nervous leading up to the A/S's with my other kids, but not like this since we've had losses now since our last baby. 5 more days. 5 very long more days. 
  • Options
    @sjohns908 I'm sorry you had a terrible dream.  It's weird how dreams, even the weirdest and most far-fetched ones can effect you.  I'm sure your AS will go beautifully.

Do you keep your rabbit in the house?  Growing up we had a rabbit that we kept in the house.  He had a corner that he completely tore up too...carpet and all.  We'd let him roam the house and I remember that he's also do figure eights around my mom's feet when she'd walk around.
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Brambles23 thank you. Yes, he's in the house. He has a spot under the bouncy seat DD2 likes to play with her dolls in that he has lots of carpet fibers ripped up from.  He's only a couple months old, so he's insanely bad with the chewing still. I got him a chew toy for his cage, he is almost halfway done with that after less than a week, he's gone to town on the plastic hiding place in his cage too. 

That's so funny about the figure eight thing, a rabbit I had about 10 years ago did the same thing! I always thought it was so odd, none of my other ones ever did that. 
  • Options
    @sjohns908  Sorry for the AS anxiety - I'm right there with you. I'm waking up with mini panic attacks the last few days and it'll get worse before Monday. Fx it all goes well! 

My bitchfest is my mother. And it's not even for anything she's done to me. My sister is getting married next week and my mom won't stop sending her emails (with me copied) of questions about things she still has to do. Mind you, it's not offers to do those things. It's just emails with a million question marks. She's going to drive everyone insane over the next week and I can't even have a drink to deal with her. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @sjohns908 That is the worst :/ . I have been having the craziest dreams that don't make any sense 
  • Options
    Ugggh. I hear from some women that they are excellent paediatricians out there but honestly I don't rely on my doctor for anything other than vaccinations. If my son has a cold or a fever I know what to do and if it is extreme enough healthwise then I would just take them straight to the ER . I'm not some sort of natural path fanatic per se and I'm certainly not an expert but most of the time I feel like my paediatrician is quoting out of a book from 1985 and is really out of the loop. She still making recommendations from the Canada health food guide  and is deeply concerned that my son is in drinking cows milk regardless of the fact that I tell her what my son eats in a day and how he's getting all of his healthy fats and nutrients from other things. When my son was born he was in the hospital for two weeks so I was fortunate enough to have many follow up visit at the Children's Hospital for the first year of his life. There, the doctors were fantastic and very in tune with  more modern research in terms of what the options are for health and nutrition for babies as well as natural pathic treatments to avoid medications if they're not necessary etc. at my doctors clinic it's just super old-school. 
  • Options
    Finished my last final today, and went to a hair appointment after. Omfg this is the worst bang job I think I've ever had, and I just want to cry. I don't think she did the right side. I just want nice bangs damnit.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh noooo @chocolateislife I'm so sorry! She didn't offer to fix it? Bangs grow super fast, in a couple weeks it'll just be a bad memory. Yuck, bad hair experiences suck, I had one today as well. 

• Options
    shan24shan24 member
    My BF is my son's daycare. I love them and they take really good care of him, but today I get him home and his diaper is full of poo, his bum is bright red and he's got a few open sores from obviously sitting in it for an extended length of time. They're outside a lot (which I love) and I know that makes it hard, but come on!  How long would it have been there to make open sores?
  • Options
    45mins waiting for the OB and still waiting... AYFKM. 

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you @bluejeanbabi05 ! That compliment definitely makes me feel better! <3 I'm glad you were able to correct yours! I'm going to go check out now on pg.

@buttercream_frosting yikes at the wait! I hope they hurry up for you!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @shan24 your poor son! Even with being outside, they should have regular diaper checks. I can't believe it created open sores! Hope he heals quickly! 
  • Options
    shan24shan24 member
    @OliveOyl2014 thanks. I know they changed him after nap, at 2:30, and I picked him up at 4:30 so my guess is he pooped right after they changed him. But he's had a mild rash all week, which they knew about. I'm just frustrated. Every day this week, he's been poopy when I pick him up. 
  • Options
    My BF is antiperspirants and DH. I've asked him many times to switch to deodorant so that his undershirts don't stain and stink. I have to hand scrub and soak them in hot water with oxy clean for them to wash correctly and when I don't there's residue and yellowing. It's a PITA and I have to plan my laundry schedule around it because I soak them overnight and it takes forever to scrub each shirt. 

If I left him to it - he would walk around in clean but stinky yellow pits. 

I HATE LAUNDRY
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    God I hate my cats at the moment.  One of them has been puking somewhere in the house every night for the past week.  I wake up to their horking and make a note to remember to put on my slippers in the morning.  And they always manage to do it on the corner of a throw rug rather than on the floor (our house has all tile floors).  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @amesie13 we get them this time of year too. Sometimes I can't tell if they're fruit flies or drain flies. They both look the same and are common around the same time. I've tried all tricks. The one that works best for me is wine , dawn, and a tight plastic covering with holes. But even that's not super effective. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    God I hate my cats at the moment.  One of them has been puking somewhere in the house every night for the past week.  I wake up to their horking and make a note to remember to put on my slippers in the morning.  And they always manage to do it on the corner of a throw rug rather than on the floor (our house has all tile floors).  
    My parents' house has carpet and my mom once had to get 8 stitches in her head because she was "throwing the cat in the shower" to puke and ran into a door frame.  Cat puke is no fun.

• Options
    @canonmom413. I know, we were at a yard sale yesterday and I was like...I didnt know I needed a winter coat for a yard sale in MAY. Jeez
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @canonmom413 I'm having the same issue! We've had our heat on basically all week! I was looking forward to wearing dresses while being pregnant! Its barely 50 degrees out...but then on Wednesday its going to be 88! Okay mother nature, that's a bit of an increase. 
  • Options
    Our semester is over so I went to the textbook buy back at the school. I paid $130 for my book and they bought it back for a whopping $3. That's not even enough to buy lunch.