May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly B*tchfest 5/8 - 5/14

13»

Re: Weekly B*tchfest 5/8 - 5/14

• Options
    @RainyDays86 Oh no! That really sucks :(
  • Options
    @SKZW so funny! Didn't even notice that I guess I just made an assumption it meant bed-sharing as it related to dozing between breast feeding sesh's. :#
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 is there a way to check your credit score through someone? I know if you have too many open accounts it can lower your score so you might be able to see if that impacts it? 
    Maybe the social security office can help?
    jm sorry you're dealing with this!
  • Options
    CherryBananasCherryBananas member
    edited May 2017
    @RainyDays86 I have no advice, but that really sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with this now. I don't know how it works in the States, but is there a way to pull your credit history to see if any other accounts have been opened in your name? 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @CherryBananas and @Jens_Hoes I have pulled my credit reports to check and it looks like the only fraudulent activity is that one account.  That one has been closed and JC Penney is investigating.  I also set up an alert through the credit bureaus so any additional attempts to open accounts will need a higher level of verification for 90 days.  I guess I also need to file a report with each credit bureau to get the account removed from my credit history, and then I need to file a police report.  I'm just creeped out that someone has this info...
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @RainyDays86: That totally blows! I'm sorry you have to deal with all that nonsense. People are jerks.
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 ugh I'm so sorry! I've actually had mine stolen a few times but never had any proof so to speak. They just charged accounts I thought I had closed and then I would get these calls and bills from collectors. I've had to pay the collectors which totally sucked! I still get random calls but I don't answer them. They don't leave a message most of the time so I know it's a scam. I think you're doing everything you can and are supposed to do! Hope you get it all figured out! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 that is terrible!  I don't think I'm going to need to pay anything which is good, it is just a major hassle.
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    @RainyDays86, ugh!!! I'm so sorry. That is definitely not what you need right now! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @RainyDays86 You're kidding me! How incredibly frustrating! 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 yeah...it's been fun! I'm glad you won't have to pay anything. Hopefully they can clear things up quickly! It's such a pain! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    @RainyDays86 I'm so sorry this happened to you!! 
    I would pull all 3 credit reports (annual credit report .com is free), then freeze all 3 credit bureaus. Like you already mentioned you'll need to file a police report and all that jazz. Ugh what a hassle!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 So sorry you have to deal with something like that at the moment...it's really the last thing you need! I went through something sort of similar this past weekend - someone has "spoofed" my cell phone number and I got about 20 calls from people saying my number called them pretending to be a credit card company. I even had some guy leave a really nasty voicemail threatening to "beat the shit" out of me. I have had several more calls since then - my only solution is to change my number, which I have had since I was sixteen! I'm going to see if the calls die down. Totally not what I want to deal with!
  • Options
    @MiaQuiche84 ugh! Horrible! That would stress me out so much.
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @MiaQuiche84: That's awful! I'm really attached to my phone number too, for work and personal, and would be really upset to change it. I'm sorry you're in that position!
  • Options
    L1C4galL1C4gal member
    @RainyDays86 UGH! No experiences to share, but it sounds like others have some good advice. Sorry you're going through this. Why are people the worst?! >:(
  • Options
    Thanks @MTB16. It is a pain, but luckily I'm not working so I actually have time to deal with it all. @MiaQuiche84 that is so horrible! Changing your number sounds like such a hassle but I can't imagine getting those calls. Hopefully they die down on their own!
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I had my identity stolen from cgecks,, it's never fun. It sounds like you're doing everything you can. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that!!!
    @MiaQuiche84 I hope the calls die down! How upsetting!
    @OmegaRose3 You tell them mama!! You're totally right. Sorry you're dealing with that!
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 - amen! I want to print that out and mail it to certain family members.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @RedInLove we just had an inservice at my hospital about something called "one voice". It's for helping kids during pediatric xray exams. It was really interesting and exactly what you are all saying. There's even a video on YouTube about the one voice technique. 
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:
    @RedInLove we just had an inservice at my hospital about something called "one voice". It's for helping kids during pediatric xray exams. It was really interesting and exactly what you are all saying. There's even a video on YouTube about the one voice technique. 
    I'll check out the video, thank you!!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.