May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly B*tchfest 5/8 - 5/14

Re: Weekly B*tchfest 5/8 - 5/14

• Options
    @Yiggle09 do you have a recliner and/or glider? On very tough back pain and reflux nights I have moved to our reclining glider for a bit with a pillow wedged under my low back and it helps me get a couple extra hours. Pillow forts in bed aren't quite firm or structured enough and tend to make me more sore the next day. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 That totally sucks! I hope go time comes soon so you don't have to suffer any longer!
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs no we never bought one with my first. I am best if left on the couch in the corner sectional pillow behind back and under knees pillow under head leaning to the left head on top of couch but dh can't handle sleeping with me on couch or sleeping without me upstairs.... I'm feeling a stand off coming because I need some sleep. 3 more days of work then leave starts 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe I'd be going crazy. I am and I'm not overdue. Hang in there. I know you're super prepared so there's probably nothing left to do, but maybe you can google things or read a baby book?
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes Oh my gosh, that's so annoying. The place I worked at was the same way - our phones functioned over the internet. And our internet would go out, just for like 20 seconds at a time, at least once an hour. So, phone calls would cut out and I'd constantly be calling people back. And my phone calls were not as important as yours, so I can only imagine how frustrating that is.
  • Options
    @erinh2005 - Aaaaaaand now 'Patty You're the Mayonnaise for Me' is in my head.  :|
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe to be fair to your husband I have been going through multiple pairs of underwear the discharge/ sneezing and piddling is too much for me to handle. But in normal circumstances umm no, you do your own laundry dude. 

• Options
    I don't mind our laundry situation. I do all of it on the weekends which consists of a load of whites, a load of colors/darks, and load of towels and then bedding every other week.  We dont really have enough laundry for us to each do our own loads. I just don't get how he goes through so many t shirts in a week! He says they get stretched out or uncomfortable or w/e. weirdo.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I am super annoyed with my big toe. I realize that sounds insane. 

Like 7-8 weeks ago I dropped a drawer on it and it hurt like crazy. After 2 weeks of lectures from my husband I went in and got an X-ray that came back normal so I figured even if there was something they didn't see it would be 6 weeks to heal and I could suck it up until then. It's still swollen and I still can only bend it a tiny bit. If I accidentally force it bent like when putting on shoes it nearly makes me cry. 

Its just a damn toe for crying out loud, wtf! Why is this still a thing?

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs You dont realize how much you use toes until you injure one! I broke my PINKY toe once and it sucked, made it difficult to walk. Pinky toe.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    So today is my due date and if one more person comes by my desk and says "no baby yet huh?" (with an exasperated tone to their voice) I am going to go full on B!tch mode on them.  I am so sorry you are troubled by the fact that I am still pregnant. How about you just walk by my desk and not say anything, huh? 
    This is why I'm hiding at my desk today and glad most everyone is out. I'm not even going down to the caf to get anything or walking (like I'd like to) because I just...don't wanna.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @rosemarylaff Also, Happy Due date! Let's have these babies!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I prefer to do my laundry and DD's laundry when DH is home because he isn't as particular as I am:

I separate color groups down a bit more than he does, such as very darks from mid-dark and colorful. 

I shake everything out as it goes from the washer to the dryer, esp items like jeans. He just grabs the ball of wet clothes and chucks it in the dryer. 

I wash clothing on cold to avoid items shrinking. He doesn't look at the dial, so if I did a load of towels with hot water, and he comes along to do clothing, they'll be done hot as well. 

If I'm not ready to sit and fold a load, I either leave it in the dryer so I can fluff it when I'm ready to fold, or I shake them out and layer them somewhat flat so they won't get wrinkles sitting in a basket. He pulls the bundle of clothes out, stuffs them in the basket, and won't fold them or tell me they're ready to be folded. DRIVES. ME. NUTS. 

So he's allowed to wash our underclothes, socks, and pajamas, but he gets an earful if he touches anything else. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    I actually don't mind doing and folding laundry, but you better believe DH can put his own stuff away. I'm not lugging all his clothes upstairs. He also thinks that things can only be worn once before they mysteriously become so contaminated he can't go near them again.

Same with his bathroom. I'll happily clean it as long as he keeps the counters clear and doesn't leave hair all over the place from trimming his beard. If he can't be bothered to keep it tidy I can't be bothered to help him out. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    jayandaplusjayandaplus member
    edited May 2017
    Happy due date @rosemarylaff!
    I like doing the laundry, but that would drive me crazy @emilyalso. Totally worth a rant.
    ETA: @WombThereItIs Did you go to a podiatrist or orthopedist? I'm sorry it's still bugging you!
  • Options
    @CherryBananas Does he have his own bathroom? H claimed the guest bathroom by his office as his. He only uses it for bathroom and something that involves getting water all over the mirror/ counter. My guess would be battleships in the sink, but I think it's actually just washing his face.
    He uses our bathroom for shower and getting ready.

I don't put away H's clothes (I HATE putting away clothes more than the laundry itself) and I stopped carrying the basket up/down slightly before I got pregnant. He actually doesnt like me to carry it anymore.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    DH and I do our laundry separate he's on the opposite spectrum as me. I'm the slob that doesn't sort my clothes by any color. I only wear white socks and pink is a pretty color anyway. Plus I hate folding clothes so I've got a dirty hamper and a clean one. My jeans will eventually straighten out. I do have white towels though that I bleach the heck out of and those get folded asap.
  • Options
    H is both good with laundry and bad with it. I did a heap of washing and drying yesterday, so I folded it all last night, the day before I asked 4 times for the clothes in the bathroom to be put in the machine, that wasn't done, I then washed and folded, that's fine, I don't mind, I asked him to put them away before DS got to them and threw them around... guess who got to them first? So I had to refold and put them "away" we don't have drawers just a shelf in the wardrobe, I keep looking for drawers but when I find what I want we can't afford it, no biggie, but it means that our clothes put away is just a pile of folded clothes on a shelf... so why in the hell are my husbands clothes "put away" when they're stacked on a dining chair in the bedroom? /sigh he's not usually too bad and will at least put washing on/move it to the dryer etc, but it's gotten ridiculous lately. It might be because I'm trying to stay on top of everything and he usually only does it when I've been slacking off.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    Re: laundry...we have colors, darks/H's work clothes, and towels. We don't have a ton of just white stuff so it tends to get thrown in with colors because none of it bleeds at this point, plus we have color catchers. Usually on his day of during the week he'll wash his stuff and put it away. Then I do the other laundry on the weekend. He'll help though if it's on Sunday. Folding isn't his thing but he tries lol towels are typically changed weekly, if I remember I'll try and change them half way through the week because even though H showers and is clean he doesn't seem to ever be all the way clean. Life of a mechanic I guess lol many a towel has been ruined hence having grey towels now (both old that have turned grey and actual grey ones). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @ChristinaWild oooh man that would get more than a side eye 
  • Options
    @ChristinaWild @Yiggle09 I agree. That would get a side eye and a karate chop to the junk at my house. (insert evil smile)
  • Options
    I've been using out guest bath because it actually has a tub and I can put my foot up on the side to wash my legs and semi shave  :D our master is a walk in only with no seat or anything to out my foot up on! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 Our master has this great garden tub and they totally skimped on the shower. Just a little stall. There's a wee ledge I can put my foot up on, but its hard at this size. I often sit down completely, but that's also hard! 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry