May 2017 Moms

Weekend Chat/Randoms 5/6 - 5/7

Re: Weekend Chat/Randoms 5/6 - 5/7

• I have zero energy today. My sleep is sucking because my hips are so sore every night. I know I was not this uncomfortable or this tired when I was pregnant with DD.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Loading the player...
  • @jayandaplus hang in there mama! How far along are you again? Oh, and I wanted to follow up with your intermittent FMLA/work stuff... how did all of that pan out?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 Thanks! I'm so uncomfortable I'm struggling. I'm 37.1, but I have uterine irritability so I've been having serious cramping and minicontractions for 2 weeks. I had to take two weeks off work, and the intermittent FMLA is still up in the air. I go back to work Wednesday if I'm still pregnant, but I'm scared about doing my job in my current physical state. Now I'm just venting and rambling, sorry. :(
  • @jayandaplus Yay for having your house ready...you now have me thinking about the cleanliness of my baseboards. I'm sorry your feeling anxious (is that the right word for this?) to get baby out. FX that your LO comes soon!
  • @jayandaplus I'm sorry you've been so uncomfortable. I see your posts all the time but didn't realize it's been 2 WEEKS of uterine irritability  :s. I'm impressed you've been accomplishing so much at home. As far as work, it's such B.S. If anything, you should be on modified duty. I'm trying to find the document I was given where it breaks down pregnancy weeks and what tasks you can still perform. Basically after 32 weeks, everything RNs do is a no-no. But since you're already 37+1, and symptomatic, you probably would rather stay home but have your job protected, right?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Please everyone do yourselves a favor and get thyself to a prenatal massage. I went today (thanks DH!) and it was bliss! I want you all to have one too!
  • slowmoslowmo member
    @jayandaplus - Two weeks of uterine irritability sounds absolutely miserable! It really sucks that your job isn't being more cooperative with leave or light duty. No nurses union? I hope your mom job starts soon! 
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    @cclaineDC - how great that you were able to get your package and all of its contents! It would be awesome if you could catch that thief. Maybe set up a trap after baby's birth?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @cclaineDC glad you got your blankets back. Maybe you should look into the door bells with cameras. We have one that records video if it senses any movement or if someone rings the doorbell. It then sends us alerts to our phones. And the video is kept on the cloud. 
  • @cclaineDC I'm so glad the package was found, and it's contents nonetheless!
    @ShadeofGreen816 Yeah, I've been forced to use FMLA. The way we treat pregnant women in this country saddens me.

I hope your LO moves into a more comfortable position!
  • MTB16MTB16 member
    @cclaineDC yay for the package being found!!! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Louise_Belcher - What a sweet photo of your little guy! No rush on this or anything, but where did his cute little shirt come from?  ;)
  • @ShadeofGreen816 I feel you with the whole "too big for her home" thing. This LO constantly has her foot sticking into the side of my stomach.

I'm kind of bummed right now because it's hitting me that I'm in a very different place than my friends. I'm not looking forward to putting myself out there to make new mom friends, but I know it's something I should do.
  • Thanks @emilyalso! My mom ordered it and had it sent to me. It's so soft!
    https://annie.shoplightspeed.com/tea-collection-born-free-wrap-romper.html
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats @Louise_Belcher
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congrats, @Louise_Belcher!! Louis is a doll and I love his little outfit! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Louise_Belcher: Congrats!! What a cutie!! (All the worries about versions and inductions, and now we're on the other side!) So happy for you!!
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    My husband does not understand wedding etiquette. We were invited to a wedding on June 3rd, and I don't want to go because it'll be a big drinking event and Jay is too young for me to want to leave him with anyone. DH thinks he can just invite someone else to go because he "has a plus 1." It's not a plus 1 if it was addressed to me...

This same couple that's getting married invited one of our friends without inviting his live in, serious girlfriend of 4 years. DH didn't see it as a problem because they don't know her.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• SKZWSKZW member
    @kns1988: That's seriously frustrating! It's like banging your head against the wall trying to get him to understand. 
  • Ok I really really really hate online RSVPs however, my brother and future SIL have one and it is literally spelled out for you who is invited. You type your name in the RSVP and whoever was invited comes up, no extras or anything. It's very interesting. Sorry your husband isn't getting it @kns1988
  • @kns1988 I would be frustrated too! Plus I feel that after you have a wedding you realize how important cutting the guest list/ only having so many to keep numbers in order are. We have a wedding this summer and my aunt is going to come watch LO in our room while we go to the wedding. Is it an option to do that? Or reserve an extra room to have a sitter stay with him while you are at the wedding? Then you can stop to pump and check on him and you wouldn't have to leave him over night. 
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    @starphish18 I tend to host girls nights at my house more often, since I Am the only one with little kids. Us girls get to catch up and the kids still get to sleep at a decent time. Like pp mentioned the newborn /infant phase is still pretty easy to haul baby around to brunch /happy hour.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• So is it a problem if only one ankle is super swollen? I've noticed that over the past week I'm getting swelling but it's only in my right ankle. Over the past two days it has gotten really significant - my ankle is huge! My left foot and ankle are swollen too but not nearly as much. I didn't have any foot or ankle swelling with DS (unicorn) so this all may be totally normal just different for me. My BP hasn't been great every week, I don't have any vision changes, and I'm not in pain. Is it worth a call tomorrow? Or is this something I need to endure for the next three or so weeks.
  • So is it a problem if only one ankle is super swollen? I've noticed that over the past week I'm getting swelling but it's only in my right ankle. Over the past two days it has gotten really significant - my ankle is huge! My left foot and ankle are swollen too but not nearly as much. I didn't have any foot or ankle swelling with DS (unicorn) so this all may be totally normal just different for me. My BP hasn't been great every week, I don't have any vision changes, and I'm not in pain. Is it worth a call tomorrow? Or is this something I need to endure for the next three or so weeks.
    I vote for calling in! I have heard uneven swelling could be a symptom.
  • @RainyDays86 uneven swelling definitely requires at least a call, worse case they tell you it's nothing, but uneven or sudden onset both require at least a call.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    @SWE2, I would do that if I wanted to go. If I'm being honest, the baby is partially an excuse so that I don't have to. I love weddings, but this crowd drinks way too much for me.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @RainyDays86 - I had uneven swelling with my first pregnancy - like one normal leg/foot and one like a balloon. The time to worry is if the swollen one is red, hurting, or hot to the touch - it could be a sign of a blood clot. My OB told me if none of those things were happening that it could just be the way the baby was sitting in there - maybe putting more pressure on one side than the other. 
    But, your docs are there to answer your questions, so I wouldn't hesitate to call if it would ease your mind!