December 2017 Moms

Harmony Test/Early Gender Detection Experiences

Re: Harmony Test/Early Gender Detection Experiences

• I had my blood drawn today, so going to wait impatiently till I receive the call.  :#
    Lilypie - sZQ1
    ShyToniaab920YodaIsGreen
  • I'm going on day 10 here...my NT scan is tomorrow. I just want to know the baby is ok. 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • @Marley629 ugh sorry you haven't gotten your results yet. FX for a great scan tomorrow! 
  • Tomorrow will be 2 weeks waiting. Counsyl website says our results are in "Clinical Review" and will be sent to our provider when ready. Anyone who went through Counsyl know how long this phase takes or if they email you the results at the same time they send to your doctor? I'm getting impatient but I know the holiday weekend probably delayed everything. 
  • Tennis11785Tennis11785 member
    edited June 2017
    @marisaloughney sorry you're having such a long wait. My doctor told me 7-10 days. Hopefully you hear back soon! 

Eta- this was for the counsyl test. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
    marisaloughney
  • @cmillar36 So happy for you!
    cmillar36
  • @cmillar36 that's wonderful news! Congrats!!
    cmillar36
  • @cmillar36 I am so so happy for you!!!!! 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

cmillar36
  • @cmillar36 so happy for you! What wonderful news and a great relief for you  <3

Im so sorry all you guys are having to wait so long. 
    AFM my Harmony test results came back in just 2 business days when the dr said 7-10 business days. So that was a nice surprise. 
    i don't know if this makes any difference but my Dr sent me home with the Harmony kit and I brought it first thing the next morning to the hospital (that's where I get BW/US done because insurance) and the nurse said it will get mailed out that morning. 
    Thought it was an odd process but that's how they did it. Lol. 

cmillar36ab920
  • @cmillar36 that's wonderful news!!
  • I just did the blood draw for the test. They said it would take 2 weeks at most. Hoping for the best.
    Marley629Amber_Waves
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited June 2017
    @marisaloughney Our results were in "clinical review" over a weekend and an extra 24 hours after that.  I've worked in diagnostics, and a licensed lab professional has to sign off on the results before they go out (the exact rules are different state by state) so there can be a bit of a lag depending on the lab volume.  If yours are out of "lab review" then the good news is that they passed all the data quality requirements and really just need the licensed review to be released.  I got my results email at 6-something AM the day they were released and my Dr. said nothing about them until my appt today (over a week later).  Hopefully you hear soon!

Edited: 6 AM, not PM
    Pregnancy Ticker
    marisaloughney
  • I did the teating 11 days ago and am losing my mind waiting! I broke down and called today and she said the results are not back, but should be anytime.  Hoping I find out today and don't have to wait the weekend. I'm so glad some of you have found out so quickly, 2 days is unbelievable!
  • I don't usually post, but I figured I would add one more data point for how long it took. My MaterniT21 results took 16 calendar days. I was told 10 days, so I called on day 10 and then again on day 14. They contacted the lab, and apparently my sample was not run when they received it, but they did have it. Got the call yesterday with the results (all good!)

definitely call and check in with your doctor if you don't hear results in the expected time frame!
    Marley629tinkerbellwest
  • Got my Harmony results after 6 business days! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    MrsWifey89
  • @shellac835 same boat. Did you have the maternit21 version of the test?
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

• liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited June 2017
    @Marley629 I have the same situation with the Counsyl test, the order apparently was for the parental/carrier status, not for the fetus DNA! They emailed me the sample was incorrectly labeled by my Ob-gyn and not processed. They wanted to bill me $400 for it, ha! I already did the carrier tests prior to IVF, thank you very much. So I don't think I'm going to redraw for the fetal DNA one, my embryo was PGS tested and hopefully together with the NT scan we should be good to go. I don't want any more hassle. 
    Marley629
  • @liljoy ugh what are these labs doing?!?  To be fair to mine, it turned out they did it right and the doctor had ordered both the maternit21 and the counsyl family prep. I was able to cancel the counsyl and my maternit21 test results were sent to my doctor at 9:10pm last night per my labcorp portal so I don't have any access to them until Monday (unless my doctor miraculously calls on weekends) which is basic torture lol I'm just banking on the fact the tech said yesterday that from my NT scan, everything looked good. 
    DS1 9/24/13
    MFI (SA #1
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    **TW**

vvitchhazel
  •  Has anyone had the Harmony test done in Canada yet? I am so envious of you ladies that can check your status online. My doctor literally had no information on how the test worked for me so I am not sure how to expect my results? I am thinking the dynacare lab contacts my doctor and than my doctor contacts me but I have no clue. Waiting sucks lol
    Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Marley629 I forget--Were you finding out the sex? I feel like you've waited FOREVER for these results!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • eeek my results are at clinical review.  Of course tomorrow is Sunday, when no one works.  Longest weekend, everrrr.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
    vvitchhazelMrsWifey89acgonzalez22ngarciabyu
  • @Marley629 Honestly I have no idea what version of the test I had! There weren't options or anything, it was just doing the test or not. I finally broke down on Friday and called the genetic counselor because I was obsessing over it, and she said the results weren't back yet but should be anytime. She also said because of the holiday (Memorial Day) the lab could get behind, ugh.  I figure it HAS to be this week sometime.  That is terrible to have to wait the weekend knowing your results are in, but so exciting that you will find out tomorrow!!
    Marley629Tennis11785
  • cmillar36cmillar36 member
    edited June 2017
    @MrsWifey89 Im in Manitoba. Did my Harmony on the 24th and got results June 1st. Hope that helps. Dynacare contacted both my doctor and genetics. I got results from genetics due to my past history.

MrsWifey89
  • @cmillar36 wow you got yours quick! Thanks for the info  :)
    Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
    cmillar36
  • @MrsWifey89 Not as quick as I would have liked. But it was still quick. Hopefully yours is a short wait too. :)
    MrsWifey89
  • abcolaabcola member
    @Marley629 we are in the exact same boat! I went to Michaels during lunch to put something together for a little gender reveal. I got a big gift bag and tissue paper and then pink and blue crinkle paper (the kind you'd put at the bottom of a basket). I'm going to get the envelope then straight to DH's work where their assistant will wrap up the right color as a present. I'm hoping as we pull out the tissue paper the crinkle paper will come out too... 
    I was pretty anti-climactic telling DH we were pregnant so I want to do something more 'fun' but didnt want to do a balloon pop... 
    Posting tomorrow (or this evening) on the gender thread! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Marley629
  • @Tennis11785: I have a high deductible, and will meet my deductible with just what my doctor bills. I chose to pay the $800 as well, because if I pay that amount now for testing, or later for delivery, I'm still out of pocket the same at the end of it all. Im still waiting for my results, but just had my blood draw last Wednesday. I called sequenom today, and they received it Friday, and said it takes 5 days. I can't wait for the phone call!
    Lilypie - sZQ1
    Tennis11785
  • ab920ab920 member
    I took my Harmony blood test last Tuesday and am STILL WAITING. Ugh.  :s Don't they know I'm impatient?! 
    ShyToniatinkerbellwest
  • This isn't really a Harmony question, but the NT scan thread took a weird turn so trying here. Did anyone have a dr order a first trimester scan? For me that's the blood tests and NT ultrasound. Trying to figure out how much this would cost me. Has anyone looked into that test through their clinic to see what the cost was?
  • @mcfeldbb  are you in the US? it will be covered by your insurance. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @mcfeldbb it will probably depend on your insurance, but it seems like most insurance plans cover NT scans. I just had a $20 co-pay for mine. 
    mcfeldbb
  • @anewadventure I'm in the US but I wasn't sure if it was fully covered since I'm under 35 and don't really have a real "medical" need for it. 
  • @mcfeldbb also want to add that I'm under 35 and it was covered. I checked by calling the ultrasound clinic's billing department and asking for an estimate. 
    mcfeldbb
  • @mcfeldbb  i was under 35 for both pregnancies and it doesn't matter. this particular test is covered for everyone. if you're unsure, you can call and ask. i find the easiest way is to get the actual medical codes from your provider so you can be specific when you ask for coverage information. GL. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    mcfeldbb