May 2017 Moms

FFFC 5/5/17

2»

Re: FFFC 5/5/17

• The thinkx look cool but I don't understand washing either. Plus, if you need more than 2 tampons worth you're using a new pair of underwear? That's expensive when they're close to $40 each.

@ShadeofGreen816 cool concept, but very skeptical of it working.
  • @ShadeofGreen816 and @jayandaplus You just rinse them out and then throw them in the washing machine. I think the idea is to have a few that you rotate through, if you're using them consistently.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know they're not good post partum but since we're on the topic - any menstrual cup users? I thought about it and actually bought one during a particularly heavy and infuriating cycle but I never mustered up the courage to use it. 
  • Yeah the whole washing thing for the thynx is odd to me too which is a little weird because we plan on CD. Maybe one day...

move thought about using a menstural cup as well but haven't had the courage to do that either lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • L1C4galL1C4gal member
    Catching up! Add me to the list of those who didn't know they couldn't flush tampons...oops. To be fair, I never flush them at my house or anyone else's house (I guess maybe part of me knew or suspected and didn't want to risk clogging up the pipes at mine/someone's residence?), but I always flushed them in public restrooms...

My related FFFC (now FFSC I guess) is that I didn't start wearing tampons until I was 19 because I didn't really know where my V was :# and the only reason I figured out where to put it then was that the guy I was sort of seeing just before H fingered me one night (my first time). I was like, "Oh! That's where it is!" and I literally put one in the next morning. (Side note: I'm definitely going to make sure my daughter knows more about her body than I did!)
  • Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
    edited May 2017
    @ShadeofGreen816 I used the soft cup prior to ds loved it I recommend to everyone and of course it grosses people out lol it's super comfy and barely noticeable when in correct. I used gloves I took from work to put it in and out. After ds it just wouldn't stay in right and i would have to wear a pad. 
  • @ShadeofGreen816 and @BabyMC517 I've used the diva cup before based on my mood and flow. It's awesome not having to worry about it except 2, maybe 3 times a day, but if my flow was super light, it was painful for me to remove. I still recommend it though. I also recommend keeping those fingernails as short as possible.
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    I know they're not good post partum but since we're on the topic - any menstrual cup users? I thought about it and actually bought one during a particularly heavy and infuriating cycle but I never mustered up the courage to use it. 
    I've been kicking around the idea of getting a diva cup for a long time but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. They're really popular in the hiking community, and I have a close friend that swears by it.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @ShadeofGreen816 @kns1988 right, the baby could be gulping air in. I can envision a sensor on the nipple, shaped like a nipple, that would actually let the milk flow through it, estimating the volume. 
  • The tampons subject makes me think of when DH and I were living with BIL and his GF and GF had an especially heavy period and threw away a bunch of engorged tampons in the bathroom trash. Well it had an odor so DH decided without really seeing the tampons that he'd throw it away to be nice and the bag ended up exploding on him, soaking him in his brother's GF's period blood. I imagine it was something along the lines of Carrie from how he describes it. Well to make matters worse their 3 dogs decided to jump on DH and attempt to lick the blood off of him. Long story short, DH was pissed and couldn't look at her for about a week and always thanks me for not being "gross" with my menstrual product disposal. FFFC...I tend to flush tampons.