September 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms 4/22 - 4/23

Re: Weekend Randoms 4/22 - 4/23

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome @Souptin! I love situations like that! 
  • If you need me and @labby18 we're having a come apart over how weird language is. Specifically English. 
  • If you need me and @labby18 we're having a come apart over how weird language is. Specifically English. 
    I want in on this. 

• Tear and Tear are spelt the same but Tear and Tare aren't.
  • So we discussed similar but different words and the weirdness that is plurals and stuff lol
  • I see gifs in another thread... is it fixed??

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I freaking love homonyms, homophones, and homographs.
  • I see gifs in another thread... is it fixed??
    Probably posting from computers (that's how I do it)
  • @jena333-2 I would check with your OB about the level of pelvic rest. I imagine they mean no penetration. When I was on pelvic rest, I wasn't even allowed to orgasm, but I had complete previa.
  • Still can't gif from mobile.
    So weird. It makes teaching kids to read tough. 
    Yep. I get all the weird rules (with millions of exceptions) along with Latin and Greek roots in my 5th grade class. Poor kids don't know what hits them. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • awildrose said:
    If you need me and @labby18 we're having a come apart over how weird language is. Specifically English. 
    So weird. It makes teaching kids to read tough. 
    Yep. I get all the weird rules (with millions of exceptions) along with Latin and Greek roots in my 5th grade class. Poor kids don't know what hits them. 
    I used to tutor 4th-8th graders in English. The kids I felt worst for were the ones whose parents first language is something other than English, because there is so much a native speaker tacitly understands and can pass on that these kids didn't benifif from. Latin has some weird exceptions too, if I remember correctly.

• I just went maternity clothes shopping for the first time because all my shirts were turning into belly shirts (I lost like 15 lbs in the 1st trimester so apparently all my pants are still fitting) and I bought a Snoogle pregnancy pillow. I'm so excited to sleep with this thing tonight. It's wrapped around me on the couch right now and it is all of the comfortables.
  • @Jamiern01 it's 3:30 and I'm wide awake too :(
  • Yesterday I got a copy of the Baby Bargains book and it is THE BEST. Highly recommend for FTMs, or STMs who need to buy new stuff. It helps so much with sorting out which strollers, car seats, cribs, etc are the best and why. The 2017 version (12th edition) just came out, but I'm sure last year's would be fine too if you got it at the library or a used book store.
  • Why can't I still not gif on mobile!?!?! 

• So popular it hurts? That you feel too much pressure to make friends?? 
  • you know that song under pressure? That's me. I'll be Freddie Mercury and you can be David Bowie okay @labby18
  • labby18labby18 member
    edited April 2017
    I'm Freddie or our friendship is over David. Lol

@wyomama0427
  • I guess I can deal with that @labby18
  • I am now Freddie. Thank you.
  • Wow, I guess I'm really popular! @labby18 not only do I get a snark attack in my thread, I get a roast in here, too?! I'm flattered. Sorry, I honestly didn't know I was breaking some kind of cardinal rule.

I've seen other bumpies post new topics on closely related topics from previous threads, and so I didn't think it was a big deal. Anyways, I'm not going to go crazy bitch-I'm-out status, so I'll accept that I committed a faux pas and hopefully we can all still be friends?