December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/22

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/22

• Options
    @moonlady-2 I've been vomiting since 4.5 weeks
  • Options
    Still feeling relatively "meh"..... Starting to deal with a bit of nausea and food aversion. Just a bit, though. Some of the vertigo has returned. Was awakened around 3ish with like a really strong cramp... not sharp, but persistent for a bit. Then fell back to sleep and that was that, but in that moment I was really nervous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my gosh!! I'm so exhausted !! My boobs were already huge from the jump but now they are getting bigger and my bras ( with wires) & my sports bras are just uncomfortable.. plus I I'm just uncomfortable period!!! I have gas which makes my stomach hurt a little which just makes feel ( blah).. this will be my husband & I third baby we are excited but lord I'm just so uncomfortable if I can walk around with no bra or at least a bra that's comfy it would be great !!
  • Options
    @afternoonduck I have sore-ish boobs too! But only to the touch.

Got to work and it smelled like fish. I didn't know if it was real or my first enhanced pregnancy smell, but later someone else came in and said the same thing. They shampooed the carpets this weekend, and another guy said it smells like fish for like four days after. What?!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Fish-fragrant carpet cleaning! Someone didn't think that through. Hope you manage. We have a whiteboard spray at my work that smells like cat pee... seriously people?
  • Options
    @MJDsquared - Fish scented carpet cleaner?  That's just terrible. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @moonlady-2 with this one, mine honestly started the night before my BFP..I was at a bday party and I said to DH that I was so nauseous..I wasn't due for AF for a week so that didn't cross my mind. I thought it was the food.  With DS, I had no symptoms at all until week 8 when it all came to head and lasted until week 22 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    These threads could be a lot more fun if only the gif was working on mobile lol 
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• Options
    WOW I am with the many with the insomnia  :/ . I may just have to try the Benadryl trick because I cannot function with no sleep!! No nausea yet but lack of appetite is annoying. I did not have insomnia with DD but had horrrrrible MS....so I would gladly have the insomnia if the MS stays away!! We will get through this!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This might also be TMI but has anyone been dealing with excess discharge? I'm constantly feeling "wet" and it's making my anxiety freak out cause when it happens I run to the bathroom thinking the worst. It's been slowly getting worse over the last week or so
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Options
    @saroberts25 I FEEL you on the huge boobs. Mine are already getting bigger and they started at 34F!  I don't even know how I'll be able to function. 
  • Options
    @kvacmak Bahaha "swamp crotch" :smiley:
  • Options
    Post script: @Marley629 Seriously about the GIFs! I feel like one was definitely necessary after that last sentence!  :D:D:D  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel omg fish carpets *vomit* but for real I didn't have this problem till the very end of my pregnancy last time. It's making me crazy
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Options
    @leighawilson91 I am also worried about this! Thankfully my 'roids only bothered me for a couple months postpartum the first time around--I've had no flare ups since then, but I do worry about flare ups during pregnancy and postpartum with this one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Feel the same way! No nausea yet and it makes me nervous. Sad that I'm dreading yet still hoping for it because at least if I'm sick I know hormone levels should be rising this time... I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. Dr. Appointment isnt for two more weeks!

I'll say I'm on par with everything else though. Sore bb's and not sleeping well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tennis11785Tennis11785 member
    edited April 2017
    So glad that I'm not alone on the little-to-no-symptoms train (too many of us to tag everyone, but I would!!)  

Although I was a bit nauseated this morning....

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @whiska @Tennis11785 Oh thank god! This thread was giving me serious anxiety. My cramping has slowed down a lot, I feel like I'm peeing less today, and my boobs feel "weird" but I'm not fondling myself at my desk to see if they're sore to the touch (and the soreness I've had is very mild). Glad I'm not the only one with very few/very mild symptoms.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Yes add me to the minimal symptoms crew. I'm 6w today and I just have sore boobs. 
  • Options
    Feel the same way! No nausea yet and it makes me nervous. Sad that I'm dreading yet still hoping for it because at least if I'm sick I know hormone levels should be rising this time... I'm 6 weeks tomorrow. Dr. Appointment isnt for two more weeks!

I'll say I'm on par with everything else though. Sore bb's and not sleeping well!
    I told my doctor ***tw after my loss*** that I hoped I was as sick as a dog with my DD.  Boy was I ever! It was terrible. This time, so far, it is more mild. I'm not wishing that on myself again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I could. Not. Function. when I was pregnant with DS2. I was sooooo sick and had a hard time doing just normal everyday things. So now I'm like hey I'm supposed to feel that way. And I'm worried. I should be thankful I'm not praying to the porcelain god yet, but honestly my irrational self wants the peace of mind.
  • Options
    Let me know what you think... oh bump experts 
    So I conceived on my first month off of BCPs. I used OPK's and Temped and all of the signs point to me ovulating on CD27 (April 4th)... I took a pregnancy test at 6dpo and it was negative, then my BFP on 11dpo. When I called my Dr. to schedule my first appointment I told them that the first day of my period was on March 21st because that was 2 weeks before when I ovulated. I figured because I know I ovulated on the 4th that it wouldn't make sense to tell them it was really March 9th because my cycle was so long due to coming off birth control. They made my appointment at 8 weeks which seems normal to me, however now I feel like maybe I should tell them my real date... although I'm worried they'll think the whole time that I'm 2 weeks behind. Does anyone have any advice? 
    When I see the Dr. I'll show him the chart and everything so he can make that distinction, but I"m just wondering if I should call them back to reschedule... 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @abcola I would give them your real LMP date and bring your charts with you. There is nothing to be worried about as long as the growth is consistent weekly and if you let them know ahead the won't raise an alarm. This happened with one of mine as well. Also they are likely to do a dating scan and they'll update your due date to how the baby is measuring.
  • Options
    @whiska A+++++ arrested development reference
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    whiskawhiska member
    edited April 2017
    @abcola Just another perspective.  I'm verbose so I'm spoilering this :lol:
    When telling my RE my dates after my first bfp, I told her the whole story - LMP was this date, ovulation was this date (not cycle day 14), so I told the nurse my LMP was this date to adjust - and she told me to always do that, especially if I graduated to my regular ob.  If I know my ovulation date then that's more accurate than LMP.

This time it was the same - I told her I had already adjusted my LMP to make it look like I ovulated on CD14 and she said, "You're smarter than most of my patients!"  The problem is once the LMP goes into your doc's computer it's there forever.  Your dating scan will give you a more accurate due date, but every time I've read about people who ovulated later than expected and gave their actual LMP, they've been told they're "behind" and it's just caused a lot of stress.  

I'll say all this with the caveat that this is your first cycle ttc, while I did months and months of temping and opks. The fact that you got your first bfp on what you calculated as 11dpo makes me think your dates are probably spot on though. If you think your doc will hear you out when you start talking about charts and opks, then discuss it with him/her when you're alone.  I wouldn't even mention it to the nurse though because he/she's just going to change it in the computer and like I said, once it's there, it can cause you some worry and confusion during the early scans.  

I hope your 8 week appointment - and it sounds like it really will be at 8 weeks - goes great!
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• Options
    @whiska Thank you so much for the great insight! I guess it's good that the date I told them was the 'adjusted date' then I'll probably talk to the Dr. as you suggested instead of trying to explain it to the nurse, and then again to the Dr. I started temping and using opk's early on because I wanted to have some sort of sign that my cycle was coming back and I was ovulating. I talked with DH and said, I think the signs are lining up, if we want to start really trying then it looks like it could happen now... 
    The countdown for the first appointment is just as bad as the TWW.... 3 weeks and 2 days to go! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    abcola said:
    Let me know what you think... oh bump experts 
    So I conceived on my first month off of BCPs. I used OPK's and Temped and all of the signs point to me ovulating on CD27 (April 4th)... I took a pregnancy test at 6dpo and it was negative, then my BFP on 11dpo. When I called my Dr. to schedule my first appointment I told them that the first day of my period was on March 21st because that was 2 weeks before when I ovulated. I figured because I know I ovulated on the 4th that it wouldn't make sense to tell them it was really March 9th because my cycle was so long due to coming off birth control. They made my appointment at 8 weeks which seems normal to me, however now I feel like maybe I should tell them my real date... although I'm worried they'll think the whole time that I'm 2 weeks behind. Does anyone have any advice? 
    When I see the Dr. I'll show him the chart and everything so he can make that distinction, but I"m just wondering if I should call them back to reschedule... 
    My LMP was in Feb, but I know we conceived around end of March. I explained that when I called to make my first appointment and found out today that I am scheduled for an ultrasound at that appointment, which I assume is a dating ultrasound. So, by my LMP I'll definitely show being behind, but I figure I'll explain it again. I'm not going to turn down an ultrasound, even if it is way early!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks and I think I'm getting sciatica pain? I've never had this before but if I bend over too much or get up too quickly, it hurts in my tailbone down to my leg. Is this pregnancy related or just a coincidence? I know it can happen later but isn't this a bit early? 

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    drablnd said:
    This might also be TMI but has anyone been dealing with excess discharge? I'm constantly feeling "wet" and it's making my anxiety freak out cause when it happens I run to the bathroom thinking the worst. It's been slowly getting worse over the last week or so
    Yes I have noticed that. It makes me nervous too, running to the bathroom and everything. I did read somewhere that eggwhite CM was still common at this stage.
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I emailed my midwife about my vertigo... She suggested I go to my family doctor... Bah... I was hoping she'd say something like 'oh thats normal in pregnancy, just do XYZ and it should resolve"... no such luck.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @drablndyup, I have that, too. Not swampy, exactly, but every once in a while I'll feel it, and then I run to the bathroom in a panic thinking, please don't let it be blood...
    @kvacmak sorry about the vertigo and the lack of reassurance from your midwife. FX it's nothing and it will resolve itself. Are you drinking enough water? Have enough iron?
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 Yay (?) for a bit of nausea. I was a bit queasy this morning, too, but then I convinced myself that it was probably just stress and anxiety about my long and busy day. And then I went back to worrying.
  • Options
    @kvacmak keep me posted on what you hear, I'm interested too! But I hope you feel better....
  • Options
    I feel like I have the opposite of insomnia and I can't decide if it's a good thing... I sleep like the dead and then if one of my kids wakes up with a bad dream/ talking in their sleep, etc. it jolts me out of bed and I have the worst sluggish feeling. Like no amount of sleep has me feeling rested. Nauseous pretty much all day- I just ordered a probiotic that I'm hoping will help with my constipation/nausea. Hubby says it's all "snake oil" but I'll try anything!
  • Options
    Also, after my 2nd pregnancy, I decided I hated my snoogle and I'm going to boycott it this round. I move too often to have to take the whole thing with me every time! Maybe I'm just too particular in where I want my legs and when I need belly support but snoogle and I are not on good terms.
  • Options
    @brittabatwhite- I have experienced something like that in past pregnancies, and it's usually round ligament pain and when you sneeze or cough it kind of pulls on your tummy. If you think the pain lasts too long, gets worse, or are really worried about it- doesn't hurt to talk to your ob to get some reassurance.