December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/15

124»

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/15

• Options
    I'm feeling for all you ladies with your intense symptoms, but I'm also just a bit envious. Feeling distinctly un-pregnant today - I've been really energized for the last week, I'm eating normally, and I don't have to pee more than normal. Was anyone else like this before week 5?
  • Options
    @camomile_june I didn't have any symptoms and I was so envious of anyone with MS... and then 6 weeks rolled around. I'm 7+1 and the nausea and vomiting is constant. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel aw! I guess there's still 'hope' for my symptoms. I hope you get a break soon, and thanks for responding!
  • Options
    So my doctor just told me a combo of unisom and vitamin b6 is really helping a lot of his patients with nausea lately...he wants me try before prescription meds...
  • Options
    @dkizz82 Noooooooo. I had it bad with DD. I think it started around 6 weeks. I am 5 weeks today.....UH I hope it doesn't come this time too. Or at least just be tolerable. Hope it eases up for you!!! 
    Thank you! I had it until around 22 weeks with DD. I really didn't want it this time. It's been on and off all day. At least I know baby is ok in there. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh I'm feeling pretty ... constipated. Any tips? Certain foods I should be eating? Do I really need to go for the prune juice?! lol
    Get you some colace.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So my doctor just told me a combo of unisom and vitamin b6 is really helping a lot of his patients with nausea lately...he wants me try before prescription meds...
    I just put this on my Walmart list. Gonna try it first. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Had a vivid sex dream about freaking Bill Cosby. Why???   :o:(:'(:s
    I can't even right now. BILL COSBY.  :D
  • Options
    @speach13 your image makes my day every time i see. Love it!
  • Options
    Is anyone else that is suffering from MS, experiencing it getting worse as the day goes on?  

I didn't have MS with my first but I do know it can come at anytime of day.  Why it's called MS will forever not make sense to me.  But seriously, I can sit back and just feel the tide of MS roll in as the day goes on.  
  • Options
    @vauxthekate I take natural calm at night. it is safe for pregnancy but as with everything talk to your provider if you are unsure.

But I just follow the directions on the bottle, plop in some ice cubes, and add a juice or gatorade and drink it down.  You'll be relieved in no time.  But definitely take before bed so when you wake up you're ready to use the bathroom.
  • Options
    I have this combo, but haven't tried it yet, because it didn't work during my first pregnancy. I should give it another shot though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited April 2017
    Yikes, constant nausea, with vomiting from time to time because of acid reflux. I can't eat much and thus bed-ridden for a week now. I started B6 and ginger tablets and it is slightly better (no vomiting), but I still can't eat much. The doc will prescribe me some meds but I will hold off a bit because I'd rather not. 

I also have some PMS like cramps at night (and I always freak out because I have some blood in the uterus).
    More recently, I wake up during the night with what feels like one big intestine/stomach/uterus? cramp (I can't tell). I wonder if it's from lack of Ca (you know similarly to muscle cramps during the night)
  • Options
    So, I don't know if last night was a symptom of pregnancy or a symptom of my air conditioning being broken.  But it's really warm here, and, as I said, our air conditioner is broken.  As a result, we had like a zillion fans going in our room. But last night I was going in waves of being really hot and wanting everything off of me and then I'd feel the air from the fan and get super cold.  So it was back and forth all night long.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @pandawares What did you order? I've been having the same problem. I feel so gross! And the RLP is in full effect here too. Turning, standing up, rolling over in bed... Ugh!
    Quoting because I'm lazy. It's Perfectly Posh, which is my new addiction. It's Bare It All, a micellar tonic that cleans and hydrates in one step. I find it a little sticky, so I end up rinsing, but it's gentler than my exfoliating face wash. If you're interested, I can give you my consultant's info. She's amazing!
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dkizz82 wait sorry who was in the er?
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    AMCsquaredAMCsquared member
    edited April 2017
    Omg the bill Cosby comment lmaoo
  • Options
    ameliabedelia-2 -I haven't tried that, but I did get some chewable ginger tablets which seem to have helped.  Maybe I will ask at my next appointment.
    @Holziepink flamingo- I am super hungry too.  I can't understand why they say you  don't need more calories during the first trimester, it certainly feels like I do.
  • Options
    That's all Diclegis is...and for about 10% of the price  ;)
  • Options
    Ha! Good to know it just isn't some weird concoction my dr made up and is "trying out" on patients  :)
  • Options
    I'm exhausted but I can't sleep!!! This is awful! I go to lay down while my son naps and can't sleep. I maybe finally feel like I can doze off right before he wakes... restless legs, my mind won't shut off, I have to pee, random noises wake me up.... I just want a nap  :'(
  • Options
    Dry heaving has started this week for me. Anyone else?  It's totally weird. 
  • Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    edited April 2017
    @dkizz82 wait sorry who was in the er?
    @wstacij was in the ER for pain. She blacked out. I'm sorry, got you two confused since I was thinking really bad pain. 
    How are you feeling @AMCsquared
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rachswi - that's how I am at night sometimes.  During the day or when I need to be doing something, I nap away.  But if it's after 10:15, I'm wide awake.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    Recommendation for the mama's who have MS as bad as I do... Keep a stash of crackers next to your bed! I've found that eating a couple before I sit or even stand up is really helping my nausea and subsequent vom-fest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know I'll probably kick myself for saying this.. but at this point I wish I COULD throw up! I've been SO nauseous all day because I can't stop thinking about how our supper smelled last night as it was cooking  :/ like, just let me throw up so the tightness in my throat can go away!
  • Options
    @bkrahn I hate that feeling. What helps me is bending over in front of the toilet and kind of doing a mock throw up. I hate sticking my finger down my throat, so that kind of stimulates my gag reflex enough to get something out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @vvitchhazel, omg I totally do it too. Fake puking always works, lol
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    I also used to fake puke last pregnancy in order to actually puke and feel better 
  • Options
    @dkizz82 ohh ok! I hope she's ok.
    My back pain is gone and this week I've switched over to nausea and dry heaving lol.

@bkrahn my best friend was telling me that when she used to throw up she thought it would relieve her but that it never worked. Idk! At home I've been heaving and I'm not sure if it makes me feel better or worse lol.

Has anyone tried the pregnancy pops?
  • Options
    @AMCsquared I tried them last time around. For what they are, they're expensive and did nothing more than any other hard candy would do. I just went and got a small plastic container and filled it with sour candies. Anything sour really helps! I took it everywhere and the container doubled as a puke bucket on more than one occasion. I also tried sea bands and they didn't help at all either. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was wondering if that would be the case. Thanks for the heads up. OK I must try sour things bc this car sick feeling is awful
  • Options
    So hot!! I do not remember this happening last time until the third trimester. Also (TMI) super swampy in the lady garden. Feeling tired but not being able to sleep is killing me! Haven't felt nausea yet but I'm expecting to by the time I hit 6-7 weeks. I've primed all the ginger things so they are sitting at the ready. 
  • Options
    Oh @liljoy I have SO much empathy for You!! You must be so exhausted and miserable (with a side of joy). Huge FX that you get a break soon. I woke up today with almost no nausea - I don't know if it's going to be a day off or longer, but it was delightful. It will be a while before I take feeling average for granted again. 

I've had a symptom that doesn't make sense to me... my obliques (side ab muscles) feel like I've been doing crunches all week. I have done ZERO exercise for 3 weeks, and have been nauseous, but not actually puking the last few days. But surely it's too soon for those muscles to be doing anything?!
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Two nights in a row of waking up in the middle of the night to bad cramps. Yay. :| And now I've been up for an hour just lurking other BMBs. I'm only 4+2, but this whole week and a few days last week I was waking up 20 minutes to an hour before my alarm and couldn't sleep again. Is it possible my crap sleep as far back as last week could've been pregnancy related?
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I've slept like utter shit my entire pregnancy with DD, but it definitely started basically at implantation. I'm not sleeping so hot this time around either (7+3). Which is why I'm awake at 5 am (and have been for 45 minutes)... DD typically sleeps peacefully until around 7:30, so this is torture!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MountainLady  I feel like I have been doing some serious Ab workouts this past week. It must be a symptom. Also I'm having a lot of ligament pains are you ? Maybe that has something to do with it . The other day I sneezed and it felt like my belly was being ripped apart. 
  • Options
    I adore and thank all of you that recommended sour candy! 4 weeks of vomiting and 2 prescriptions later, candy is working better than any medicine!
  • Options
    @ohmickey331 Yes to ginger. Give me all the ginger. I stocked up on ginger beer, ginger tea, fresh ginger, and got super upset because I forgot to get ginger candies. But not a shred of MS in sight... yet.

@MJDsquared my sleep changed the time of or around possibly before my BFP. At first I just chalked it up to the excitement of taking a test in the morning (to see if the line had darkened), but at this point I've had to reframe it as an actual symptom...