December 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/15

Re: Symptoms, Questions, Concerns--4/15

• Options
    I am 6w2d and the morning sickness hit me like a truck today. I'd been ok until today. Now I'm miserable and kicking myself for all the anxiety I had over not having a lot of symptoms
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    I've had headaches pretty much every day  :/
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ticks in CT are ridiculous right now. Went for a hike and doggie was COVERED in ticks.  He has a preventative so they weren't biting but it was literally disgusting because they were crawling all over him and stuck in his fur. Now I am concerned about all the diseases those little creatures are carrying.  I love being outside and active but now I worry about Lyme disease.  Can't win.
  • Options
    @justsuzie I'm in CT too and I agree with ticks are everywhere!  I've heard this year is supposed to be awful for them too.  We're getting our yard sprayed for them, but then I'll just have to worry about whatever the company is using to kill them.  
  • Options
    @TigerCakes yeash, literally can't win.
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    Breast tenderness today, finally, lol  :p
  • Options
    Painful and horrendous burping.  :s
  • Options
    CT here too @TigerCakes and @justsuzie. DH did yard work this weekend and was covered! So gross!! I haven't found any on the dogs yet, but I'm sure they're there. 
  • Options
    Any Canadian moms (Alberta specifically) know what to expect at a 9 week appointment? It's just with my family doctor so I have no idea if I'll get to hear a heart beat or maybe even an ultrasound ? Just wondering what your expierences have been. :) 
    Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsWifey89 I'm from AB! with DS my 10 week appt (my first one with him) we listened to the HB with the doppler and went over results. I had to find a new GP when I found out I was KU because mine had moved, so on our intake visit she had ordered a bunch of BW and the First Trimester Screen because we opted for it, so they may order that for you then. GPs typically don't do in-office ultrasounds, nor do OBs I find. You pretty much only get the anatomy scan between 18-20 weeks, unless there are some concerns that warrant more OR if you opt-in for the First Trimester Screen.

AFM

Seems as though I think I resolved my vertigo, which is good, because that was NOT fun this morning. And the nausea resolved through the day, though I've been left with this foggy 'hungover' type feeling. I have to work nights tonight, so I hope I can make it through!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsWifey89MrsWifey89 member
    edited April 2017
    @kvacmak yay! It's nice to have another Albertan here! Thanks so much for sharing your expierence. I'll be happy with hearing the heartbeat! Was more or less curious if I should bring DH to that appointment, so I guess I will! 

Also, glad your vertigo seems to have resolved itself. My MIL struggles with it and it seems just awful. I couldn't imagine dealing with it + a pregnancy. 
    Me: 28 | DH: 30
    BFP #1 April 12, 2017 EDD December 19, 2017
    Happily Ever After June 2014 <3<3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm experiencing my second bout of restless legs syndrome this pregnancy. It's mostly presenting as sudden, intense itching. It started on one heel and now both legs feel like ants (or maybe ticks!) are crawling all over them.

Intense emotions, anxiety mostly. I know that's normal, but I have BPD and I'm worried the combination will be more than I can bare. At least I know what medication changes need to be made, but it will have to wait till June when I have more support.

RLP holy crap. I have it even when I'm not pregnant, and it's only gotten worse. I actually paused halfway when standing up earlier because I moved too quickly.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is probably TMI... I woke up in the middle of the night, just hours after falling asleep, with TERRIBLE gas pains followed by diarrhea. Now I can't go back to sleep and feel nauseas too. I'm not sure if this is pregnancy related or bad Easter food but it is unpleasant for sure!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @ilikestars089 I've had a lot of digestive issues lately too. The gas pains are very sharp for me and are pretty unbearable. The more I move around the less intense they are. Progesterone slows the bowels down so I don't understand the diarrhea. Lucky us. 
  • Options
    The fatigue is unreal!  I wake up in the morning and just want to fall back asleep. Also, anyone else have shortness of breath?  I find that I have to take long deep breaths more frequently now. 
  • Options
    grochril said:
    The fatigue is unreal!  I wake up in the morning and just want to fall back asleep. Also, anyone else have shortness of breath?  I find that I have to take long deep breaths more frequently now. 
    Yes. I took a nap yesterday from around 5:30pm - 8:30pm, went back to bed at 10pm, got up at 7am and I'm still tired. I've noticed I am out of breath easily too....just making the bed makes me winded. 

Also today I have been so queasy off and on. I really need to get to the grocery store but I'm glued to the couch watching Shameless..and crying. 

This is a rollercoaster! lol
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    seeloseelo member
    I literally couldn't get off the couch all weekend. I hit 7 weeks on Saturday, and like a switch was flipped, BAM. Full body all day morning sickness. So miserable. I tried my best to nibble at things here and there, but was mostly on a liquid diet. 

Miraculously, I woke up this morning only feeling slightly terrible, so I was able to drag myself in to work. I'm sitting at my desk with a ginger ale, surrounded by baggies of crackers, almonds, etc. 

I have an appointment tomorrow and will ask my doctor about this, but does anyone else take levothyroxine for hypothyroid? I'm supposed to take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and then not eat or take any other meds for an hour. Pre-pregnancy this wasn't an issue, but it really doesn't work well for managing morning queasiness, and I usually end up throwing it up...any tips (or just shared misery) are welcome. :) 
    Me: 35 | DH: 32 | EDD: 12/02/17 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @seelo, could you set an alarm and take it before you normally get up, then go back to sleep? Then you could eat as soon as you work up?  I am having a little relief sipping on this: https://www.amazon.com/Pink-Stork-Tea-Constipation-Delicious/dp/B00SOT677Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1492444361&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=morning+sickness+relief&psc=1
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    @seelo I take levothyroxine as well, I set my alarm for 4am to take it.  I don't have any morning sickness yet (aside from some bouts of queasiness) but I fall right back asleep afterwards .. maybe this will help. Hope it gets better! 
  • Options
    Fatigue, giant/gross nipples, and morning sickness. Haven't officially puked yet but each morning it feels closer. Grilled chicken makes me gag and all I can really stomach is toast and other bland foods. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    Hot flashes like no other and still very nauseous. 
  • Options
    Last night I had pain so extreme that I was crying. I've been having back cramping but this one was a little scary for me.
    Please talk to your doctor if you haven't already. This isn't considered normal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    peachy13 said:
    Fatigue, giant/gross nipples, and morning sickness. Haven't officially puked yet but each morning it feels closer. Grilled chicken makes me gag and all I can really stomach is toast and other bland foods. 
    I'm sorry but this made me lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My breasts finally started getting sore on Friday! I had a wave of nasea this morning but once I ate it left. I was so sick last pregnancy, I'm scared for this one. Also the constipation is for real.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My nipples sting. Anyone else?!
  • Options
    Really only nausea for far. And I had some light pink spotting yesterday. They ordered a beta and want me to come in for an ultrasound- not quite sure why, as Google tells me the earliest you can see anything is 4w3d. I will not have my expectations high.  
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    6w6d. I haven't really been experiencing too many awful symptoms yet.. no appetite, but nauseous if I don't eat. Maybe TMI but I seem to have the opposite problem of constipation :s and I have constant chills during the day, but wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. No terrible morning sickness or heartburn yet (I had it SO bad with DD) so I am just counting my blessings at this point! 
  • Options
    speach13speach13 member
    edited April 2017
    Oh man... gas. The gas was so bad today. Probably didn't help that I had left over hard boiled eggs from easter for breakfast. (Or QDoba for lunch)
  • Options
    My Morning sickness is really bad this week. And it's coming out of nowhere. I have thrown up at random three or four times. I just wish I had more warning!  Also, they were eating cake on the tv show I'm watching, and now I want it for breakfast. 
  • Options
    @dkizz82 really? My 2 friends who know told me they both experienced it and were told it's totally normal and to just go home
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    I'm so emotional today. Cried because DD is extra snuggly. Also cried while watching Master Chef Junior.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so emotional today. Cried because DD is extra snuggly. Also cried while watching Master Chef Junior.
    I'm a hot mess when we watch Master Chef Junior. DH cracks up at me because I have tears in my eyes the entire time lately!! 
  • Options
    @Jellybelly119 They're just so talented and genuine and kind spirited little people and I just love them all so much! Haha. DH laughs at me too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nausea today.  Very strong.  But still getting hungry.  Chills.  Maybe going to pick up some ginger tea after work although I'm not sure if it will help.
  • Options
    @dkizz82 really? My 2 friends who know told me they both experienced it and were told it's totally normal and to just go home
    I've never heard of someone doubling over in pain. Where is the pain? In your back? I see that happening later on but now would be troubling. Do what you think you need too! That's all you can do. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AMCsquared I've heard that minor back pain is normal because of increased blood flow or loosening ligaments.  Maybe some people interpret pain differently?  Definitely call your OB if you're worried. That is what they are there for.  GL
  • Options
    Lots of fatigue and mild sick feeling, especially when we've been outside for awhile.

My insane dreams seem to be taming, but my emotions like to jump to extremes. I'm super happy, very angry or tearing up at things like Dancing With the Stars Disney night. Lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Duckybears I cried watching Disney DWTS - SO not like me!

My HG is in full force, luckily I knew it was coming so the doctor has me on a few things, plus trying some homeopathic remedies. Today was a good day, so fingers crossed it won't get too much worse! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    No idea. I've only asked my 2 friends since they are the only 2 that know I'm pregnant so far and they also each have 2 kids. One said she made her dh drive her to the er for the pain and they too told her just to go home its normal. Yes, mine has been only in my back 
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    dkizz82 said:
    I've never heard of someone doubling over in pain. Where is the pain? In your back? I see that happening later on but now would be troubling. Do what you think you need too! That's all you can do. 
    I see you ended up in the ER hope all goes well. I just didn't think pain like you described was normal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker