June 2017 Moms

UO Thursday - 4/13 Edition

2»

Re: UO Thursday - 4/13 Edition

• I'm with @Elyse1384
    1. Everyone has a job or family that tells on them.  IDGAF if you're a dr or a custodian.
    2. Consumers need to read their T&C's more carefully.  Everything is laid out, nothing the airline did was illegal.
    3. I get why he was pissed, I would be pissed as well but bro, when the cops come...get out your damn seat!  It's a federal offense to not listen to flight crew, he should've complied at that point and it wouldn't have escalated.
    5. It wasn't United that removed him from the plane in that forceful manner, it was CPD.  
    6. I'm sure the good Dr will receive a hefty settlement, I'm also sure he won't be sharing it with any of us concerned citizens.  
    6. The customer is not always right, like rarely actually when it comes to policies and disputes of those policies.

So over employees being vilified for trying to do their jobs.  Does the policy suck?  Sure!  Does the flight crew have anything to do with the policy?  Nope.  Just listen and follow directions and no one gets hurt!  
    *I'm holding back making remarks about the Dr's criminal past.   Everyone has a past, it has nothing to do with this story.  It's really hard not to be snarky about it though lol.
  • This goes with the United stuff.  I am tired of people not listening to the police and then complaining when they get roughed up. I will add that yes there have been some places recently when the cops have been wrong and yes I will admit I am married to a cop, so some bias BUT

When a cop tells you three times to get out of the car, get out of the car.  If you choose not to get out, and then fight them when they have to physically remove you.  Any injury you get is all on you.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Loading the player...
  • lmudra said:
    I'm with @Elyse1384
    1. Everyone has a job or family that tells on them.  IDGAF if you're a dr or a custodian.
    2. Consumers need to read their T&C's more carefully.  Everything is laid out, nothing the airline did was illegal.
    3. I get why he was pissed, I would be pissed as well but bro, when the cops come...get out your damn seat!  It's a federal offense to not listen to flight crew, he should've complied at that point and it wouldn't have escalated.
    5. It wasn't United that removed him from the plane in that forceful manner, it was CPD.  
    6. I'm sure the good Dr will receive a hefty settlement, I'm also sure he won't be sharing it with any of us concerned citizens.  
    6. The customer is not always right, like rarely actually when it comes to policies and disputes of those policies.

So over employees being vilified for trying to do their jobs.  Does the policy suck?  Sure!  Does the flight crew have anything to do with the policy?  Nope.  Just listen and follow directions and no one gets hurt!  
    *I'm holding back making remarks about the Dr's criminal past.   Everyone has a past, it has nothing to do with this story.  It's really hard not to be snarky about it though lol.
    I think that his past sheds a little light on what he did. He is developing a pattern of feeling like he is above the law. 
  • And also, maybe he was high?  Maybe that's why he didn't act like a rational adult?
  • I think the United stuff feeds into my UO - by not listening to the cops or staff he broke a rule and didn't get away with it. If it were me, I would have left my seat as I was asked.  o:)
  • kahlan82 said:
    This goes with the United stuff.  I am tired of people not listening to the police and then complaining when they get roughed up. I will add that yes there have been some places recently when the cops have been wrong and yes I will admit I am married to a cop, so some bias BUT

When a cop tells you three times to get out of the car, get out of the car.  If you choose not to get out, and then fight them when they have to physically remove you.  Any injury you get is all on you.
    I completely agree with this up until the last sentence... If you fight a cop you should expect to get some type of injury, for sure, but there are instances of excessive force and I don't think it's fair to put the blame all on the citizen's shoulders. 
  • kahlan82 said:
    This goes with the United stuff.  I am tired of people not listening to the police and then complaining when they get roughed up. I will add that yes there have been some places recently when the cops have been wrong and yes I will admit I am married to a cop, so some bias BUT

I completely agree with this up until the last sentence... If you fight a cop you should expect to get some type of injury, for sure, but there are instances of excessive force and I don't think it's fair to put the blame all on the citizen's shoulders. 
    The thing is if you are fighting back the cops has to protect themselves. They can't be gentle. What if you have a gun or a knife? Now, do cops use excessive force when the person isn't fighting? Yes, and that is not okay BUT if you start fighting them and don't listen to commands, I don't feel sympathetic.

• kahlan82 said:
    kahlan82 said:

The thing is if you are fighting back the cops has to protect themselves. They can't be gentle. What if you have a gun or a knife? Now, do cops use excessive force when the person isn't fighting? Yes, and that is not okay BUT if you start fighting them and don't listen to commands, I don't feel sympathetic.
    I totally agree that cops have to protect themselves. I've just heard of instances in which a cop was protecting themselves, but they went overboard and it resulted in major injury or death. Not trying to start a fight here at all. I believe the vast majority of cops are good people and do their best. It's a stressful job and I know I couldn't do it!
  • I eluded to it earlier, but DH had his jaw dislocated by an officer a decade or so back and I felt zero sympathy for him.  Long story short, DH was drunk and got into an argument with a neighbor who was also drunk (we were living in a condo complex at the time).  Another neighbor called the cops as he thought it was a physical altercation (it wasn't).  When the officers arrived, I had managed to get DH inside our apartment, but he was so damn loud that the officers came right to our door.  The officers knocked, DH opened it (red faced, clearly drunk and angry) and immediately the officers asked DH to keep his hands still and where they could see them (DH "talks" with his hands when worked up).  They asked him to keep his hands still repeatedly and DH did not.  DH got tackled and his head landed on our coffee table.  My first thought... "serves him right!"  Listen to officers!  They don't know you from the next person and they just want to get home to their families at the end of the day.  If you're acting like a security threat, you will be treated like one.  
  • I'm a total hypocrite and totally agree that teachers do not necessarily "deserve" a break BUT I also absolutely positively hate it when people from other professions tell me, as a teacher, what I deserve and don't deserve. I work DAMN hard to educate our future (and apparently my coworkers but that's besides the point) so please don't tell me I "deserve" a lower pay or "don't deserve" as many breaks. I feel that educators are INCREDIBLY underappreciated so being told these things because I happen to have a few perks to my job irritates the crap out of me. 
  • Yeah I guess going off a couple different topics here I believe some jobs are more important than others, doesn't mean they work any harder or have any greater value as human beings but the end result of their job is more important than mine. Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, Cops. Honesty if it was between me and a doctor needing to get home and back to work, I can understand his need is a little more pressing. If it was between me and a teacher needing a refresher so they can be the best they can be at their job, I get it's a little more pressing for them. 
  • kahlan82 said:
    kahlan82 said:

I totally agree that cops have to protect themselves. I've just heard of instances in which a cop was protecting themselves, but they went overboard and it resulted in major injury or death. Not trying to start a fight here at all. I believe the vast majority of cops are good people and do their best. It's a stressful job and I know I couldn't do it!
    Sorry, if I was coming off combative. No fight here. I get what you are saying. I get a little worked up about police stuff right now. Being a cop's wife is not easy in the current climate. Sorry, if I was sounding argumentative.

• kahlan82 said:
    I am always waiting on DH. That stereotype of men waiting on women. I have yet to see it in any of my relationships or my friends relationships.
    If there is one person I would ever send hate mail to, it would be Brad Paisley for that stupid song!
  • @lovesclimbing. I will admit. I don't know that song......

• kahlan82 said:
    @lovesclimbing. I will admit. I don't know that song......
    It's called "Waitin' on a Woman" and is basically about how "I don't mind" waiting on his wife/girlfriend/SO and he's always doing that because women are always late. So sexist and stereotypical, but Brad Paisley has a lot of songs like that. 
  • I have to fly Thurs for work and I kept saying "not United, not United." When our assistant showed me a very expensive option I was like let me jump online and see what I can find. I was so proud I saved us money but when I looked at my itin today I realized I booked United. Preggo brain forevah