September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/10

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/10

• @jena333-2 Your post actually made me laugh out loud. DH suggested Butch and Ethel (SUPPOSEDLY he was joking but he definitely seemed serious to me at the time). And since then he's stopped offering up suggestions of his own. He has plenty of opinions on the names I like of course. Like Claire, which according to him is "old fashioned."

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited April 2017
    @jutondreau Ugh, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that unnecessarily. But I'm so, so glad that baby is most likely fine! Congratulations on your boy! :heart:

• @mrs_tacos And now I'll forever think of eclair when I hear the name Claire too :joy:

@jutondreau ONG how stupid of them! I'm so glad it was human error and not something actually wrong though. I can't even imagine what you guys must have been feeling over those 5 hours. 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @jutondreau I'm so glad it ended up just being human error! I'm sorry you had to go through that stress and now have a wait a little longer to know that everything is ok with your son. 
  • @awildrose That sucks, but I'm glad the doctor isn't super concerned. FX everything stays healthy! And at least you'll get to see your little guy a whole lot more! 

• @jutondreau UGH! How annoying!!! But it does make a lot more sense that they made the gender error if they were basing it off of your DNA and not baby's. I'm sure that doesn't make it any less frustrating though. 
  • @jutrondeau Omgsh.. wow.. I'm so glad they found an explanation but wow such a shock still. I'm glad you will be meeting with the quality manager about this. All the hugs and maybe the name can be Cory instead of Cora? I'm sorry you both have to go through such an adjustment.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited April 2017
    Is anyone watching Dancing with the Stars? Nancy Kerrigan's story just made me ball my eyes out. *TW* She had 6 miscarriages in 8 years. And yet she is so strong and courageous to keep working for her dream.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmarygs I didn't know that about her, but I respect anyone who can keep going after that many miscarriages so much!

• @jutondreau  So glad there is a good explanation! 

@awildrose Ugh... I hate that. At least the Dr didn't seem concerned! Hopefully everything will be fine! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jutondreau wow, I'm glad there was actually an explanation for what happened.. but they should be more careful!! That's not the kind of stress you should have to deal with. And quite an adjustment!! But congratulations on your sweet, healthy boy! I'm glad everything turned out ok!!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrs_tacos hugs. Sorry about your anxiety. 

@jutondreau I'm so glad to hear it was just a stupid error. How annoying and relieving. 

@awildrose that sounds annoying and stressful but at least you get to see your sweet baby each appointment. 

The shooting made me super sad too. I asked DH if we have to keep sending the kids to school. It's terrifying. 

My random is how many here have Gestational diabetes? I was thinking of maybe starting a thread to chat/support, but wasn't really sure how useful it would be. I think I'm still pretty obsessed since it's still a recent diagnosis for me. 

• Don't watch the movie "Hush" right before you go to bed. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @jutondreau I'm glad it was just an error, but that also makes the situation extra annoying to deal with.

@Msashley2010 @mrs_tacos I'm still struggling with who I want to be there when I deliver. This is the first grandchild for both of our parents. I'm close with my mom and she's in the medical field, so part of me thinks that would be nice, since she's knows more of what to expect. But I also don't want her to overstep and drive me nuts. MIL will be too nervous/emotional through the whole thing, and I think it'll make me uncomfortable. 
    I'm not willing to start drama over it if they both want to be there, but I also think it'd be nice to just have my DH for things to be more calm and intimate. 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • I'm so sleepy today DS woke up at 6:30  wide awake I'm not gonna be a happy camper today 
  • I'm so sleepy today DS woke up at 6:30  wide awake I'm not gonna be a happy camper today 
    DS too! 6:30 he kicked me right in the nose. 
  • edited April 2017
    So my cousin and her friend skipped school today. Like idiots they go back to my aunts house. Guess who came home early today? My aunt! And guess who got in huge trouble? My cousin. Kids these days! 
    Of course! Doesn't that always happen? I always told my parents when I was skipping school. That probably makes me a loser, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @labby18 I love The Crown!!
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @jutondreau yay!! What wonderful news. I knew it had to be a lab error! 
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited April 2017
    @labby18 The Crown is so good! 
    Also did anyone else watch Big little Lies (or little big lies lol, can't keep it straight) It was so good! I love that author but hadn't read the book yet. 
  • My mom got me this shirt today for our Disney trip next month  <3<3

Love this. Wish I could love tit it more than once.