September 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 4/10

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/10

• Loading the player...
  • @bridge-and-wall it's amazing how naughty they can be even in the womb. DS gave me a good scare or two when I was pregnant and I told him when he's 16 and wants to go out, he'll be grounded because he scared me like that. 
    Also, bad tv is the best lol
  • This is breaking news right now. Kids were hurt, and my heart is just broken. https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-shooting-san-bernardino-north-folk20170410-story.html

• @mrs_tacos I'm sorry you had a panic attack!!! All the hugs to you <3 I can only sort of relate, I think my anxiety and panic attacks were more of a postpartum thing after DS but it was still awful. The attacks are awful. Eat all the ice cream today!!
  • mrs_tacos said:
    This is breaking news right now. Kids were hurt, and my heart is just broken. https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-shooting-san-bernardino-north-folk20170410-story.html
    No no noooooo. Ugh how awful. This is horrible. 
  • @mrs_tacos I saw that a few minutes ago and it's just hard to even comprehend. It's bad enough when it happens to adults, but children??  :'( I just can't.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Ae_Lovely321 This is why DH and I have two separate users on Netflix. His is filled with Star Trek and sci-fi movies, and mine is random chick flicks and crime shows.

@bridge-and-wall I'm sorry that your LO scared you like that. I always have a fear that they will take awhile to find the heartbeat, but so far they've been able to find it within a few seconds.

@mrs_tacos Oh no! That's awful!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrs_tacos I'm sorry you're struggling.  Is anxiety common right around now?  I can also feel it lurking under the surface and I've been having night terrors lately. :disappointed:
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @mrs_tacos I'm sorry you're struggling.  Is anxiety common right around now?  I can also feel it lurking under the surface and I've been having night terrors lately. :disappointed:
    I don't know if it's common right now, but it wouldn't surprise me, there seems to have been a lot of comments about anxiety lately. I have generalized anxiety disorder and it has been mostly, mercifully, quiet during this pregnancy up until now. I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow, which I'm really grateful for. I miss my meds today, and I hate my meds, so I know it's time to see her.

I hope your anxiety stays below the surface and doesn't rear it's ugly head any time soon! But if it does, I'm here to talk. (hugs)  

• @mrs_tacos Ugh I just heard about the shooting. So, so awful. Sending you big hugs right now, hope your anxiety stays away <3

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Um. I just saw a news alert about a sexually violent criminal moving to the other side of town, so I decided to check my area on the sex offender database... apparently there's a sexually violent criminal living directly across the street from me. I see him all the time, he's kinda weird, he never makes eye contact with anyone and won't talk to anyone. Overall, I've gotten a weird feeling about him but never knew why. He moved in with his parents long after DH and I moved in. Shouldn't we have been notified? 
  • jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited April 2017
    Um. I just saw a news alert about a sexually violent criminal moving to the other side of town, so I decided to check my area on the sex offender database... apparently there's a sexually violent criminal living directly across the street from me. I see him all the time, he's kinda weird, he never makes eye contact with anyone and won't talk to anyone. Overall, I've gotten a weird feeling about him but never knew why. He moved in with his parents long after DH and I moved in. Shouldn't we have been notified? 
    Sounds like it varies from state to state, and even from jurisdiction to jurisdiction:
    "Law enforcement authorities may also have the obligation to disseminate information about registered sex offenders. Notification may extend to prior victims, neighbors, schools, youth organization, and other relevant individuals or groups. In some cases, community-wide notification may be required. Newspapers, television, radio, and community meetings are some of the methods used to provide community notification."

and
    "
    Some police departments and sheriff’s offices hang posters in community centers and libraries, or send letters or postcards to homes within a certain distance of the registrant. Others publish notices in the local newspaper or broadcast pictures and addresses of the registrants on television."
  • @mrs_tacos I'm so sorry that you had your anxiety surface this weekend. But I'm glad you have the day to rest and that your DH is amazing and supportive. I'm also an anxiety sufferer and I know how important relaxing and having support can be. Hope your week is better after you get some rest today. :heart:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @beccam1230 In the state where my parents live a sex offender is supposed to notify the neighborhood when he moves in, but they live in a neighborhood surrounded by schools, so it isn't usually a problem. A few years ago a violent sex offender moved into the neighborhood- he bought one of only four houses in the entire neighborhood that is legally far away enough for the schools for him to live, AND when he went around to introduce himself, if someone wasn't home he just skipped them and never came back. My parents only found out because the neighbors told them. He ended up having to move a year later because he violated his parole, but it was still scary to realize how easy it is for someone like that move near you, and you could never know!   

• @jena333-2 oh yeah, that makes sense since I got that news alert about the other guy today. I'm thinking that's just how they do it. I must have missed the one he was on. What's weird is that we live right next to a school. I can see the kids on the playground during recess! I'm thinking since they're aware of where he lives, it would only be an issue if his status as a sex offender pertained to kids. Seems strange, but they do know where he lives.
  • I saw the news about the elementary school. So sad. 

Im so busy I want to fall over. I'm exhausted. I had family in town and they are leaving Wednesday then Thursday I am going to Atlanta. So I will have no time to bump. 
  • @kelseyrayay We'll miss you, but I hope you have a productive, good-type-of-busy week!

• @mrs_tacos that's actually what I was thinking he had to do, but I guess not here. We do live near a school though!! It's the school DS will be going to, and I can walk out of my house and see the school and the kids playing on the playground. I'm thinking maybe that's only a problem if he had done something involving kids, or a minor. But you're right, it's scary how easy it is to miss something like this! Honestly, I'm not too worried, he's been there for awhile with no issues and I didn't even know about it. It's just really surprising to find out!
  • Um. I just saw a news alert about a sexually violent criminal moving to the other side of town, so I decided to check my area on the sex offender database... apparently there's a sexually violent criminal living directly across the street from me. I see him all the time, he's kinda weird, he never makes eye contact with anyone and won't talk to anyone. Overall, I've gotten a weird feeling about him but never knew why. He moved in with his parents long after DH and I moved in. Shouldn't we have been notified? 
    I live in a town of less than 2,000. I was shocked when I checked the sex offender registry here and found out DH used to work with a sex offender. Then again one of the guys who stayed late after work for weeks to train DH is now on trial for murdering and dismembering two guys so.... you really never can tell. 
    I've been having anxiety too during the night. Last night I swore I heard someone dragging something across the hardwood floors. I woke up DH and he kindly reminded me that all the doors were locked and the alarms were set. I asked him to check the video monitor on our security app just to be safe. But it still took me a little while to calm down enough to sleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsmarygs said:
    @mrs_tacos I'm sorry you're struggling.  Is anxiety common right around now?  I can also feel it lurking under the surface and I've been having night terrors lately. :disappointed:
    I've been having anxiety too during the night. Last night I swore I heard someone dragging something across the hardwood floors. I woke up DH and he kindly reminded me that all the doors were locked and the alarms were set. I asked him to check the video monitor on our security app just to be safe. But it still took me a little while to calm down enough to sleep.
    I used to have disturbing dreams when I was pregnant with DS. One time I woke up convinced our bedroom was on fire and I nearly jumped out of bed. Another time I had a dream that a ghost was holding the baby standing next to my bed. I hope your anxiety goes away! 
    I live in a town of less than 2,000. I was shocked when I checked the sex offender registry here and found out DH used to work with a sex offender. Then again one of the guys who stayed late after work for weeks to train DH is now on trial for murdering and dismembering two guys so.... you really never can tell. 
    Omg!!! That's actually terrifying!!
  • @mrs_tacos  I'm sorry about the panic attack... you know I've been right there with you lately. So weird that we were doing so well until recently. I hope it eases up for both of us soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited April 2017
    xoxoxo @mrs_tacos

My random for the day: I have officially reached the end of the "Babble" baby name website. I told H the ball is now in his court. I've put out a list of maybe 25 names that I like to varying degrees. He has offered up Merle (Who TF is this man, and why did I let him put a baby in me??).

The plan is to go into delivery with two or three names picked out, and make a final decision after we've met him. The three he hasn't shot down off my list are Oliver, Kieran, and Remy. 

ETA: Oliver is the only one I feel really strongly about. I want him to be Oliver Lee (Olly for short). Lee was my mother's middle name, I lost her in 2013.
  • @jena333-2  Men are so weird about names. I really like Oliver, though! Also, why is there a -2 on your name now?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jena333-2 haha at least your DH suggested a legitimate name, mine just makes up things based on what he sees at the moment. "How about lightbulb?" Yes. Let's name our son light bulb. He just won't give me any real name ideas!! Oliver is a really great name, and I LOVE Olly as a nickname! Hopefully he cooperates with a really nice name that you feel strongly about!
  • edited April 2017
    mrs_tacos said:
    I had an explosion of anxiety this weekend, and anxiety is exhausting. So I'm taking a mental health day. I just ate an ice cream cone at 11 am, and I'm going to take a nap whenever I want to. The anxiety is mostly gone, but I can still feel it humming under the surface, and I hate that feeling.  

I should add that DH was amazing all weekend, and even stayed up late with me last night until my PGAL-related panic attack subsided.  
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry you had to go through this. You definitely deserve to take a day for yourself to relax and do what you want. Thank goodness you have a supportive and understanding SO. I know hat definitely helps when going through things like this. ❤️ Hugs. Hope you feel bit better after taking a you day. 
  • @mrsmarygs ugh that sounds terrible.  :disappointed:

@wyomama0427 My "night terror" is the same every time.  I'm completely asleep, and in my dream I wake up and there a figure of someone standing in the doorway of our bedroom.  I usually bolt awake and my heart will be racing.  It feels turrrible.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @Msashley2010 nice job to your SO!! That's the way to handle it  :)
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited April 2017
    Thank you, everyone. I love all you guys so much! 

@jena333-2 Dh hasn't always been super helpful with names either. In the beginning he kept suggesting Nancy for a girl, and he's slightly obsessed with the name Ashley for a boy. Uh, no. Please try again. :expressionless: (Thankfully pointing out that Solomon Ashley S____ could be re-arranged to spell ASS made him drop that one. )

@Msashley2010 I'm so glad your SO redeemed himself and stood his ground! I haven't decided who I want with me- it will either be just DH or my mom and DH with me, and my dad there but in the waiting room for the actual pushing. But I know there is NO WAY I would EVER want my mil in there with me!