November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/10

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/10

• Options
    Well, I'm in between the rock and a hard place of LO has been napping for over 3 hours and I'm unsure whether to wake him up or let him sleep. 
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ Welp, on day #5 my work bff and I went for a drink after work to talk about how my other friend is probably going to prison :| and to talk through my job offers. That was a Wednesday. Then... Friday? Saturday? we ordered pizza and then i just quit "the program".

I've been mostly adhering during the day. I've had a beer every evening the last few nights. I've been avoiding dairy and bread/pasta alllllmost exclusively, which has actually made a difference.

I'm rambling now, but I was happy to give it a try. Maybe at another less stressful time I'll give it a full go again. In the meantime, trying it + watching Forks Over Knives (thanks for that suggestion, whoever posted it!) has for sure made me more conscious of my portions, and in general, what I'm eating. o:)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 We didn't do water for the first year with DD but did start sippy cups at 7 months because she showed interest like you're describing. She stopped using bottles entirely by 9 months. Give it a shot!
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    @hoosiermama your friend is going to prison? Wow
  • Options
    Just kill me with this teething thing. He cannot handle it AT ALL and I really need a break. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @SandNStarsNJ oh man. Do you feel the teeth coming in?
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @SandNStarsNJ oh man. Do you feel the teeth coming in?
    His gums are swollen like whoah, but they haven't broken through yet. Once they break the surface it's usually much better but this LO has no pain tolerance, like at all.
  • Options
    @kvruns His hearing isn't until the end of next month, but I'll be very surprised if he doesn't.
  • Options
    Anyone else's back killing them? I've noticed I lean back when I hold LO and I think it is really hurting my back. Not to mention the only way to get him to sleep is standing bouncing/swaying , I usually can't sit and rock him. 
  • Options
    Oh wow. I'm afraid to ask is it one of the recent teacher/student stories I've seen on the news?
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Anyone else's back killing them? I've noticed I lean back when I hold LO and I think it is really hurting my back. Not to mention the only way to get him to sleep is standing bouncing/swaying , I usually can't sit and rock him. 
    A few months ago, yes, but his weight has begun to even out and I've adjusted to the strain so it's NBD anymore. 
  • Options
    Yes! My back is killing me! I'm getting a massage on Thursday and letting her know to focus on my back. It's the worst!
  • Options
    @rspalding001 I'm hoping to get a massage next week although it will be at a spa and I personally don't find those to be the best massages