November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/10

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/10

• Options
    I had to drive an hour in and an hour home to be at work for 30 minutes today. Sigh.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay, super random.. DH had to clean out his car from where the dog got sick. There is a smell lingering, and I'm pretty sure it's actually mostly just the ridiculous smell of lemon Lysol, which I have decided is absolutely the most sickening (thanks, pregnancy nose). It's been a couple of weeks and I can't stand being in his car. Any suggestions on what else we can do to try to get the smell out? Should we just try plain soap? Vinegar?

• Options
    @ArtificialRed I use baking soda to get smells out of stuff. You can sprinkle it directly on the affected area and/or put a bowl of it in the vehicle.

• Options
    @adirat ooh good idea! I have a homemade carpet mix of baking soda and peppermint oil. We'll try that. 

• Options
    There's a local mom selling her stash of used cloth newborn diapers. DH isn't really fond of the idea of getting them used, which I understand, but you only use them until the baby is about 15lbs and able to fit into one size diapers. I texted him yesterday while we were at work and didn't get a response (which is normal) but then I brought it up while watching tv and the conversation went no where. I'm not going to spend $300 without talking to him first, especially with us moving soon, but it is a good deal. $2-6 per diaper depending on brands which sell for $15-30 brand new. 

On the bright side I'm participating in a LLR fundraiser sale this morning. My normal consultant is closing shop because she works full time and is having a baby soon (actually met her on TTGP). Also just got a refund check from my grad school haha. Looks like mama is getting some spring/summer clothes!
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven we cloth diaper but I just used disposables for a month. For me, the first month of his life was hard enough with recovery and nursing not to mention cooking and cleaning (I had a lot of help with those last two) so I was glad to be able to throw diapers away for a month or so. 
  • Options
    April is finally giving birth!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Random: since some of us will start finding out the sex of our little babies very soon, should we have a dedicated thread for everyone who is finding out to post when they do? Any ideas for a fun title for it are welcome too ;)
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    BayCamp said:
    @elsieisamoocow I nominate "here for the sex" lol 
    Love it!

• Options
    BayCamp said:
    @elsieisamoocow I nominate "here for the sex" lol 
    I totally thought of that one bahahaha! I was worried my mind was too dirty but apparently not :lol:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @TeacherMama7 How big was your son when he was born and how long did it take for him to fit into most OS diapers? I know covers and flats/prefolds can get a smaller fit but I think we're going more for pockets and AIOs so that DH feels more comfortable doing diaper changes. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    BayCamp said:
    I went to the grand opening for a birth center near my house and won a brand new Tula!! My bff is 17 weeks with her 3rd (1st boy) and I already have 2 Tulas so I decided to give it to her. She's going to be so excited. I'm trying to think of a fun way to surprise her with it. 
    That's so fun! Lillebaby had an egg hunt on Thursday, and one was hidden at my local Target. I got there literally ONE minute late!! Had I parked at the other set of doors (it was hidden outside Starbucks), I would have had a free Lille!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish a free Lille would be amazing! I love them! I never win anything so DH was surprised I'd give it away, but I think I'm more excited to give it to her than I was to win it. She has wanted one but couldn't justify the expense. 
  • Options
    Ok so DS did not drink his milk yesterday so I left it in the fridge to reuse later and I gave it to him tonight. He took a few sips and told me it was not
    good. I thought he was being fussy so I drank a sip to check and lo and behold it had curdled and tasted awful. Now I'm freaking out for him and me both. He seems fine and almost asleep so I'm keeping fingers crossed but my mouth does not feel good and now I might freaking out about getting food poisoning cause pregnant. I mean how horrible can curdled milk be! Ugh. Hate this. 
  • Options
    @ShePersisted yuck! I assume you'll be fine since it was only a sip but at least if you get food poisoning it won't hurt the baby. I accidentally ate a bunch of raw chicken a couple weeks back and didn't get sick. FX your DS doesn't get sick since he only had a couple sips too!

• Options
    This weekend was a shopping success. Bought a few lularoe things for a local boy scout troop fundraiser, went bra shopping at a Korean store and actually found my size, and then went to a Korean clothing store and bought a couple things. I found a super cute romper that was loose and would have looked cute with a bump but the button for the strap popped off when I was trying it on and they didn't have more in my size!

I also finally found face sunblock without oxybenzone. I did use a bit of benzoyl peroxide this morning because I have a nasty white head right on the septum of my nose and it's horrible painful and huge. I even got a white head on my neck which never ever happens. 

Cleaned my whole apartment yesterday. Even scrubbed my tea kettle with cream of tartar lol. 

And I'm thinking of getting my nails done because my thumb nails keep breaking at the side (has been happening since I moved to Korea) and we have a ball to go to in 2 weeks. My nails looks pretty sad right now. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018