November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/10

What's on your mind this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to be 7 months pregnant for a bachelorette this summer and unsure what to do about the matching shirts. Get a couple sizes larger than normal and take it in on the top? Try to make my own with a maternity t shirt in the same color? Anyone have experience with this?

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge - Are they nice shirts or just regular tshirts? I would probably get it a size too big and belt above my bump. Or, if it has elastic, just do my normal size and plan on making the bump overly obvious. Don't get too big or it'll be a tent and look ridiculous. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm going to be 7 months pregnant for a bachelorette this summer and unsure what to do about the matching shirts. Get a couple sizes larger than normal and take it in on the top? Try to make my own with a maternity t shirt in the same color? Anyone have experience with this?
    When is everyone ordering their shirts? I'd say a size or two larger would be fine. If it's just a t-shirt I personally wouldn't even take it in at the top. I loved large tees towards the end of pregnancy. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Coming from a family who owns a sporting goods store -- you can have the girls order a shirt that comes in a similar color maternity shirt. Every store goes through a company that can order them! Or go a size or two up in like a flowy, racer back tank. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My only thought this morning is how much I don't want to be at work. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I would get a slightly bigger tshirt but I would invest in a maternity tunic to wear under or a bellaband. So basically even if the tshirt is small it's over your tunic or band and it won't be that bad. I would also cut up the bottom of the tshirt and tie it into a nice bow right above your belly so that you can rock it without looking the odd one out. 
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish haha yeah I have to go. I'm trying to look at it as a vacation!

@kissthesky32@ElizabethSchuyler@Roliepoliecoley4 @ShePersisted they are matching "bride tribe" tanks. My only hesitation with ordering larger is that it'll look absurd. I have a really narrow rib cage and no chest (I'm like a 28A) so if it fits my belly I'll be swimming in the top portion. But that's a good point that I could contact the Etsy shop and see if they'll do a maternity shirt for me! It's still a ways off but I'm a planner. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Speaking of chests, I've had sore breasts for weeks now and they are no bigger. Forever flat chested.

• Options
    @ElizabethSchuyler that is me today, coffee in hand, big girl pants pulled up, ready to face the world, and also, I am a potato trying to be a sunflower and most likely failing. 
  • Options
    DH may have a great job opportunity but somewhere almost 1,000 miles away from our parents. My sister lives there though and my bil is the one who can get the recommendation in for DH. Before I got pregnant we were actually pretty excited about this idea. But now I'm freaking out wondering if we should risk waiting for another opportunity after a year (or two!!) to avoid moving while pregnant and adjusting to life with two littles without the very prominent support from our parents. And we don't have the actual job description yet, just what bil already knows, but tying to not to think about any plans while we wait for the details is virtually impossible. This is very long story short here, but I'm seriously struggling with this. 

• Options
    @ArtificialRed - We are gearing up to move when I'm about 22 weeks. We are moving hundreds of miles away to a city where we know absolutely no one and for a job that will keep DH working for about 80-100 hours a week. I'm terrified. But I'm also excited. It'll be an adventure and will help to bond our little family unit. I think it's easier for us because we know exactly what the job is and know that DH has to do this as his next step. I think you'll feel better about it if your husband gets a thorough job description and is excited about the possibility, rather than it just being a nebulous and undefined open position doing something. 

• Options
    rosalie12 said:
    My baby is 1 today!  :'(
    Aww! Happy birthday little one!
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

• Options
    Why is all the hold music jazz versions of mariachi bands? Or jazz versions of top 40? 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge pregnancy sucks (at least, imo), but that baby squish at the end makes it SO worth it!! 

• Options
    I've watched that video so many time, @DuchessOfCambridge. Love it!

• Options
    2Dash2Dash member
    @TallMomma29 I've been thinking of the laundry as well! My husband and I do it at night while watching t.v. and its about 8 loads a week right now. I'm not worried about when I'm home with baby but when I go back to work! Two new babies will be a lot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kissthesky32 thanks! It does have a little bit of the "adventure" aspect to it. I'm just trying to wait for the extra info. (And failing horribly because I've been researching house costs on Zillow lol)

• Options

@ArtificialRed We're moving from Korea to NY (Ft Drum) but I'll only be 17 weeks. Family is a 6 hour drive which isn't too far but far enough that it's not an easy trip. We don't have kids but I'm already nervous about switching OBs, especially so close to when I need my A/S. 

My "real" job (besides subbing on my days off) is to manage a computer lab. We're getting all new computers today and I'm totally prepared to tell people I'm pregnant and can't carry shit. I had to carry an empty dog crate from the store checkout to my car this past weekend and that gave me cramps (above my uterus, not really scary but annoying). 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @2Dash I need to start that nighttime laundry idea!

• Options
    2Dash2Dash member
    @cottingham3 yes the scar problem! I've had so much trouble with underwear since my CS. So many hit right at the scar and I just can't. I just go for comfort everyday!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jka427 I hear you ! I went to the farm today ! 
    @DuchessOfCambridge I personally LOVE the look of giant pregnant women in tight ish clothes just rocking their bump so I would go up a size but not too far up. 
    @Tourmalily hope you're feeling much much better now! Feeling like shit is super shitty. 

Totally random but does anyone get notifications like when they get an inbox message or when they get a reply? Is my phone still broken (the answer is yes but I mean is this why I'm not getting notifications) or is it normal? 
  • Options
    @Tourmalily oh lord, get used to the toothbrush dry heave. Even though I didn't have MS in my pregnancy with DS, it was a nightly thing. You'll learn how to maneuver to avoid it after a while. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    slavenslaven member
    edited April 2017
    @Tourmalily I haven't had any ms or vomiting but brushing my teeth makes me gag and dry heave every time. It's getting a bit better now that I'm almost 10 weeks but not by much. 

eta: So DH just picked up some Amazon packages from the post office. I have a carrier for my Maltese that's 12x12x12 and she fits in it perfectly however I was worried about flying home with it because the airline has a restriction of 8.5" high. Her carrier squishes down but I decided to get the smaller version which is 10x10x10. I didn't think it would be a problem because she's 8" tall and long. Well she can't even stand up in it and now I have to return it. Thankfully I don't have to pay return shipping. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the airlines accept her carrier knowing that it can squish down. Secretly I'm totally planning on taking her out of it and putting her in my sweater because that's her favorite place to chill. 

I also bought a laptop sleeve that said it's for 15" MacBook Pros but mine has way too much room. Not sure if they meant the older models which were thicker because they had disk drives. That's getting returned too. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @bcashaw You only get notifications on the website, not on the app. It's super annoying. I had a thing pop up to tell them what I thought of the app and that was my major complaint. I got an email back saying that there working on it. I doubt it'll happen though - it's been this way since the app started years ago.