September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 4/3

Re: Weekly Symptoms 4/3

• Options
    Hello, pubic bone pain. I really did not want to meet you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    17+6..

-I am peeing every 2 hours. I'm not even drinking that much water. Why??
    -Round ligament pain if I sneeze or if I do too much activity.
    -Tail bone pain only kicks in when I'm in my feet for too long 
    -Heartburn at night
    -Not sleeping well; tossing and turning, vivid dreams.
    -Still tired, where's this energy?
    -Sore boobs
    -Hard to bend over, like LO is in the way.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    17+3

I've been out with terrible headaches that intensify when I look at my phone or a screen. :disappointed:
    BUT they've seemed to F off for the past few days so fingers crossed I'll be participating a little more. 

Symptoms this week:
    •I'm still tired - is this going to go away or nah?
    •super emotional and moody, irritated so easily
    •nipples are getting dark
    •pimples are popping up now
  • Options
    17+5

- ridiculous acne (why does this have to be a thing?!)
    - difficulty falling asleep at night
    - major headaches especially late afternoon/early evening.. maybe a result of getting less sleep?
    - constipation issues
    - out of breath easily.. I was trying to explain something to a group last night and just the little bit of butterflies from talking in front of people made me sound like I had just climbed 5 flights of stairs. :#
    - a resurgence of random morning sickness and food aversions.. and I have been sick in weeks. What the heck!? 

@HollyGolightly09 and @wyomama0427 Have either of y'all found something that helps with the constipation issues? My last pregnancy I started taking Metamucil pretty much every day and I think that made a difference but I've been looking into getting myself on a probiotic because I've heard so many good things. I also just read something recently how taking one while pregnant can be super helpful to the baby. Anyone have any experience with this?
  • Options
    I've been feeling super dizzy all morning, to the point of seeing dots in my vision. Normally this only happens when I haven't had enough water, but I had tons yesterday. The last time the OB tested my blood, he said I wasn't anemic, but could it happen quickly? I have an appointment today so I will ask him. Just wondering if anyone ever had an experience like this.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AndiMac I have heard that kiwis really help! So far the miralax isn't helping. Dulcolax and colace never helped me at all. I also have switched to a pasta made with lentils and that seems to help a little. I will be cutting out bread and stuff. More veggies. I've also heard that watermelon is a diuretic, so that might be worth a shot!
  • Options
    mrsmarygs said:
    I've been feeling super dizzy all morning, to the point of seeing dots in my vision. Normally this only happens when I haven't had enough water, but I had tons yesterday. The last time the OB tested my blood, he said I wasn't anemic, but could it happen quickly? I have an appointment today so I will ask him. Just wondering if anyone ever had an experience like this.
    I had this a lot with DS, turns out my blood sugar was low!
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 Advantages of a summer pregnancy--we can eat allllllll the watermelon! I probably need to reassess my diet too. And up the water. But I already feel like I'm drinking SO much!
  • Options
    mrsmarygs said:
    I had this a lot with DS, turns out my blood sugar was low!
    So did you just eat more regularly? What did your OB tell you to do?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AndiMac Thank you for that. It's so nice to find an upside to a summer pregnancy. I'm already hot all the time, but I do love watermelon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    17+5

-Charlie horses. Ugh. Straight woke me up in the middle of the night. 
    -peeing is ridiculous. There is zero bladder control over here and I'm not amused. 

Otherwise, nothing crazy. I'm not as exhausted which is nice. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    @AndiMac If you like raisins, prunes are another reliever of constipation. Prune juice smells just like a box of raisins to me. I love raisins. 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs I made sure I ate right when I got up and snacked well throughout the day. I probably should have gotten something to test my blood with but I didn't. I found out about my low blood sugar at a wellness draw for my insurance
  • Options
    @AndiMac  ditto to the acne. I feel like a teenage, except worse because my acne was never this bad as a teenager! ugh, have you found anything that works for you?!

- My appetite is back!!! Pretty much aversion free now which is soooo great. DH is shocked by my appetite now. 
    - Definitely still tired, but sleeper better and WILD dreams. I woke up crying the other morning my dream felt so real  :#
  • Options
    @AndiMac  Colace and Miralax did nothing for me. When it got really bad a month or so ago (like, I was crying in pain) I used a glycerine suppository and it definitely did the trick. I've been trying to drink some fruit juice every day and it is at least keeping it from getting THAT bad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a normal checkup appointment today, so I asked my OB about the dizzy spells I've been having. He thinks its due to a combination of low blood sugar and warm showers. But I went ahead and asked him about my iron since I've been borderline anemic in the past. And he told me that all pregnant women become anemic and if I checked my levels right now they would probably be 11-13 (normal is 14). Has anyone else heard of this? I guess it makes sense because that placenta is so taxing on the circulatory system.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else get a weird burning pain in their boobs? I woke up last night to a burning pain in my right boob.  It was really weird and I never felt anything like that before.
  • Options
    Anyone else get a weird burning pain in their boobs? I woke up last night to a burning pain in my right boob.  It was really weird and I never felt anything like that before.
    Yep. All the time. Every time I worry that baby boy isn't okay, my boobs feel like that all day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited April 2017
    mrsmarygs said:
    I had a normal checkup appointment today, so I asked my OB about the dizzy spells I've been having. He thinks its due to a combination of low blood sugar and warm showers. But I went ahead and asked him about my iron since I've been borderline anemic in the past. And he told me that all pregnant women become anemic and if I checked my levels right now they would probably be 11-13 (normal is 14). Has anyone else heard of this? I guess it makes sense because that placenta is so taxing on the circulatory system.
    My last OB told me that most women become anemic during pregnancy, but I wasn't at any point during my pregnancy with DS so I'd probably see if they could check before just assuming anything! Glad you got your dizziness figured out though, did he tell you to check your blood regularly? I think if it starts happening to me again I may get a meter just to be safe
  • Options
    mrsmarygs said:
    My last OB told me that most women become anemic during pregnancy, but I wasn't at any point during my pregnancy with DS so I'd probably see if they could check before just assuming anything! Glad you got your dizziness figured out though, did he tell you to check your blood regularly? I think if it starts happening to me again I may get a meter just to be safe
    He did ask if I knew anyone that was diabetic that I could borrow a meter from. But he said that it would be expensive to buy one if low blood sugar wasn't the issue. So for now I'm just going to try to watch my water intake and take cooler showers and see if that helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited April 2017
    @mrsmarygs I'd check your sugar for you! 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall Haha, yes to looking for the silver linings! I was pregnant two summers ago and I remember feeling SO hot all. of. the. time. Between watermelon and sno cones, we might just survive!  :D

@Sugargirl1019 Literally just added prunes to my grocery list.. I forgot about them and they really are good! So glad this stuff isn't tmi here! Haha!

@Doggiedoc2016 Girl. There is nothing that has helped! It's so awful. I had it pretty bad with my last two pregnancies too but I feel like it had started to clear up by this point! I'm so over it.

@HollyGolightly09 That is terrible! Hopefully you don't have to do that again. Pregnancy brings out all the weirdest, most awful symptoms!! I'll keep you posted on if the probiotics help if you're interested because unfortunately, I remember this issue only getting worse the farther along I got in my last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited April 2017
    mrsmarygs said:
    mrsmarygs said:
    He did ask if I knew anyone that was diabetic that I could borrow a meter from. But he said that it would be expensive to buy one if low blood sugar wasn't the issue. So for now I'm just going to try to watch my water intake and take cooler showers and see if that helps.
    I found one touch ultra mini meters on a medical supply site for $11 (: but I totally understand, I know for sure that was my issue so I would feel comfortable buying one plus the strips and things that accompany it. I hope you don't have problems with your blood sugar! 
  • Options
    For my fellow constipation sufferers: I am having continued success with a glass of plum juice and mangos daily. Just throwing it out there in case what is working for me, works for someone else! 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I just read this article on pregnancy Cholestasis and now I can't stop itching everywhere. I'm pretty sure it's in my head though, the same thing happens when there's a lice outbreak at my school though, just the thought of it makes me itch for days. It's a really scary condition though, if you start to itch really bad later in pregnancy, make sure to at least mention it to your doctor. I didn't even know this was a condition in my first pregnancy. 
  • Options
    i am just constantly uncomfortable now... aches in my sides makes it uncomfortable to sit or stand which is making work super fun.. two managers between yesterday and today have told me I don't look like i feel well (both know i'm pregnant)... ugh i feel fine i just can't seem to find a position my body likes right now besides laying down and that's frowned upon at work haha
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    17+2

- Tailbone pain when I sit or stand for too long
    - Swollen feet and legs
    - Terrible sinus issues and ear aches
    - Morning sickness seems insistent on sticking around still *sigh*
    - RLP acts up if I move around much or when I go for walks
    - Itchy belly where it's starting to stretch
    - I seriously have to pee nearly every 45 minutes to an hour. It's driving me nuts.

@heatherwilson321 I just read that news article too! So annoying! It had me worrying because my belly has been itchy where it's stretching the last couple days. I know it's just silly PGAL brain, but man those types of articles are tough to happen upon while pregnant. Who knew itching could be something serious?

@mrsmarygs You might check with your insurance about the blood sugar monitor. I know my insurance through work will cover that 100%. We got one at the beginning of the year.
  • Options
    The last few days I've been having indigestion where I don't get heartburn, but it feels like a giant lump in my throat. It's really annoying, because it makes eating anything else uncomfortable, even though I'm hungry.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @mrs_tacos I had this problem for a very long time, even before I got pregnant. It was so bad that everytime I ate I felt like my throat was closing up. Anything with tomatoes was the worst. Salsa, marinara sauce, etc. It was miserable. My ENT called it silent reflux. With dietary changes it got better. But being completely honest.... I haven't stuck with them. I used to take omeprazole. Now all I take is tums and it definitely doesn't help. 

ETA: Do you find it worse when you eat certain things? Do any medicines help? 
  • Options
    @heatherwilson321 I have a close friend who had this condition! I think it's certain areas of the body that itch. I could always ask her. But always mentioning to your doctor weird symptoms that bother you is a good thing :)

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs I've been having similar feelings in the mornings. My dr. Just told me to "keep an eye on it."  I was trying to think about it and I eat dinner pretty early, like 5:30-6:30 pm.  And then am eating breakfast at 5:30 the next morning.  I was thinking that might be too long, that maybe I should eat something small right before bed, or something.  What is your schedule like?
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @mrsmarygs I've been having similar feelings in the mornings. My dr. Just told me to "keep an eye on it."  I was trying to think about it and I eat dinner pretty early, like 5:30-6:30 pm.  And then am eating breakfast at 5:30 the next morning.  I was thinking that might be too long, that maybe I should eat something small right before bed, or something.  What is your schedule like?
    Actually, its very similar to yours. I usually have dinner around 6, and then nothing until bedtime. Then in the morning, I don't eat until after I shower and get ready. Normally I have something in the car or when I get to work around 8. So, that's a really good point. Maybe I should try to snack a little before bed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    16wks 4days. I can't ever find a confortable position sitting or laying down - and usually when i do I have to go pee. Boobs and nipples get weird sensations here and there. Heartburn and indigestion are still around. 
  • Options
    @labby018 I've also had a difficult time lately finding a comfortable position. I get all achy if I stay in one position for too long. :( 
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 the -2 is gone...
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 Zantac 150 helps, but it mostly just keeps the burning feeling at bay, not the other symptoms of reflux. I haven't noticed it being triggered by any specific foods, it's basically been an all day every day situation for the last several weeks. 

• Options
    Count me in on the dizziness. Today it hit me like a ton of brick. Chasing around a 3.5 year old doesn't help at all. I think the dizziness is causing some nausea. I'm a hot mess right now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cmar1006 FTM here but on my worse days, I'm like I can't imagine having a child to take care of. I can barely take care of myself. I hope you feel better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited April 2017
    16+4
    The past few days I've been super achy and have been having "growing" pains in my abdomen, ribs, back, and boobs. No nausea though, and more energy, so I'm thankful for that!
    Pregnancy Ticker