March 2017 Moms
Options

Sleep Thread

Re: Sleep Thread

• Options
    DD and I have been sleeping downstairs in the living room bc our walls are so thin and i don't want her night time cries to wake DS up (she'd be in the next room to him upstairs) between the separation and a white noise machine we've been doing well. She's getting much better at night sleeping, knock on wood, so i might try seeing how we do upstairs sometime next week in preparation for DH coming home. it would be nice to sleep with my husband haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @longliveregina I totally agree.  It is important to know what's recommended and what isn't so you can be aware of the decisions you're making, but at a certain point, you have to live your life.  It is easy for the people who make the guidelines to err on the side of saying NOT to do things -- it costs them nothing.  It's a lot harder to actually follow all of those guidelines perfectly, and sometimes the tradeoffs make no sense (like your example of falling asleep with a baby on your chest because you 'aren't supposed' to let her sleep in the RNP). 
  • Options
    @Gators&BoSox Ugh... my older son has woken up from the baby crying at night. It's so annoying. I have two air purifiers going that we use as white noise and I'm sitting there nursing and hearing the other saying things. He was so tired the next day, I felt terrible. I'm sure once your DH comes back, you will be anxious to sleep with him by you! 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Ugh.. between the 2 of them I did not get one hour of solid sleep last night .. I've been lucky to be getting reasonable sleep so I guess I shouldn't complain... I'm going to go chug coffee and pray that last night was a fluke
  • Options
    Last week my then-5 week old could go 3 hours between feedings, and this week as a 6 week old he is up every 1.5 hours (if I'm lucky) and then he will only sleep soundly on me-- when I try and transfer him he kicks, grunts, and flops around until he's awake and cranky. I'm starting to lose it, I haven't slept more than 2.5 hours in a row in 6 weeks. Helllllllp! 
  • Options
    @jomarma will he sleep soundly next to you? We often have to bring our babies in to bed with us, and sleeping so we're snuggling them will often get them to sleep for 4+ hours. It's been a lifesaver for me and DH. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    @jomarma I know a lot of people think the Wonder Weeks is silly nonsense, but here are the signs for the first leap, which happens at five to six weeks after EDD. 

Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Leah slept in the bassinet the entire night for the first time!! She was super fussy and crying in the evening and we put her to bed swaddled in the bassinet just to see what would happen and she just passed out. She woke up at her usual 3/4 am and was able to go back to sleep after eating. We have been battling this for 5 weeks...I hope this wasn't just a fluke! I know rock n play isn't the best solution so just being cautiously optimistic at this point...
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 that gives me hope my girl will comfortably sleep in basinett one day :/
  • Options
    @datalover13 I thought for sure the wonder weeks was crap first on with DD1. But they were always spot on for her! 
  • Options
    Got about 5 hours of sleep. Feels good although I woke up a couple times because i should have fed her. Continue to grow Molly! Get close to 9 lbs baby so we can sleep till you wake up. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    Does anyone's LO dislike being swaddles? I don't know if I'm not doing it right or something, but DS screams whenever I swaddle him. I've tried the Velcro ones and doing it with the swaddle blanket 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie DS1 hated it. We ended up swaddling with a receiving blanket and leaving his arms out. That worked for him. Never could use the Velcro swaddles as he would scream with those.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options
    npaulie said:
    Does anyone's LO dislike being swaddles? I don't know if I'm not doing it right or something, but DS screams whenever I swaddle him. I've tried the Velcro ones and doing it with the swaddle blanket 
    Mines hates it too. I can only swaddle her with her arms out or if her arms are in it has to be a loose swaddle or she will fight her way out of it 
  • Options
    Team no swaddle here!
  • Options
    DD1 hated the swaddle and would fight it, but she was a highly spastic sleeper and she needed it for her own good. The miracle blanket worked best for her. This baby isn't spastic and doesn't need it to sleep, but she likes to be warm, so I just semi swaddle in a blanket with arms out.
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl your routine sounds amazing !! I wish that would happen for me 
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited April 2017
    @triwellnessgirl We also have Dad rock her initially to put her down. She goes down for naps easily but at night she will not let Mom put her down no matter what. He has had to do this with all my kids! I think they smell mom or something and can't let me leave. But I cherish those 2 hours in the evening I can spend with DH. Otherwise I'd probably just go to bed when she did. I usually go to bed when she wakes to feed (11-12ish).

ETA: it doesn't always work for us! Maybe half the time. Sleep is a real issue in our family since our 2.5yo has yet to sttn.
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl I'm jealous that you can already work out! Out of curiosity- did your Dr do an assessment and clear you to work out or did you just decide on your own that you feel well enough to do it? I feel like I might be ready for light exercise but don't see my OB again for another 3.5 weeks.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @Cbeanz my 2.5 year old also does not STTN! Hoping for a better sleeper with this baby. #teamnosleep
  • Options
    SienaC said:
    @triwellnessgirl I'm jealous that you can already work out! Out of curiosity- did your Dr do an assessment and clear you to work out or did you just decide on your own that you feel well enough to do it? I feel like I might be ready for light exercise but don't see my OB again for another 3.5 weeks.
    I have a follow up with my Midwife next week, but I decided to get back into it this week because I feel ready.  I had a natural child birth with thankfully no complications and 1st degree tear; I think that might be why I feel pretty good!  I did light weights today and still did some modifications (similar to my third tri modifications) so I'm not 100% ....  I've also been doing for 30min walks since week 1 PP.
  • Options
    @Cbeanz my 2.5 year old also does not STTN! Hoping for a better sleeper with this baby. #teamnosleep
    Count me in this club @Cbeanz @Ivorytower2
    My son is doing AMAZING compared to two months ago, but usually wakes up around 12 and 4 and needs help to go back to sleep. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My 5 year old has slept though the night maybe twice in his life.  Why do children hate sleep?! I love sleep.  I miss sleep.  LOL! 
  • Options
    Molly struggled last night. After feedings she would be asleep for a good 10 minutes and I'd move her to her bassinet and she would wake right up. Basically I slept with her on my chest all night last night. I surely hope this isn't how things are gonna go from now on. 
  • Options
    @mecoats we've been struggling with the same thing any time I put him in something other than RnP. I've heard sometimes it's the colder temp that wakes them up, so I'm thinking about trying to place a hot water bottle in his bassinet for like 10 min before transferring him. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mecoats we had this issue with Lucas a couple nights ago he would only sleep on my chest as well. I started swaddling him again (which we had stopped doing after the first week). He's now sleeping in his RnP again. I hope Molly doesn't make a pattern out of it!
  • Options
    @ashley14598 we stopped swaddling because it was so hot in our house/room so maybe that's it. She woke up kind of sweaty last night so maybe she was hot. Who knows. But we got sleep so that's all that matters. 

Hopefully once we we get her in her crib we will be in a better pattern. 
  • Options
    korpisar said:
    Tyler slept from 10:30 pm to 4:45 am last night at 8 wks 4 days!! Yay I got some much needed sleep!
    Amazing -my dream right there!
  • Options
    My daughter is 6 weeks old and has never slept longer than 3 hours at a time.  I thought by now she would be sleeping for longer stretches.  Is anyone else in the same boat?  I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Oh my woooooord .... little Miss Evie slept from 10pm - 4am last night & the night before that she slept 11pm - 4am. She had been waking once during the night at about 130am before that for about a week..... her sleeping pattern improved once I start following a very specific routine (posted about it last week). I'm so proud of her!! She's 1mo old today!!

PS I should also add that I recently cut dairy from my diet and started giving her a dose of gas drop at night after nursing her. 
  • Options
    My daughter is 6 weeks old and has never slept longer than 3 hours at a time.  I thought by now she would be sleeping for longer stretches.  Is anyone else in the same boat?  I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong.  
    I'm still not getting much more than a 3hr stretch. You're not doing anything wrong. Every baby and their personalities and needs are so different!! 
  • Options
    My LO is 5 weeks 3 days.  We still don't get much more than 3 hours...hopefully we all start to see longer stretches soon!