October 2017 Moms
Options

Social Media Announcements

Can we start a thread to share our announcements we used on social media? @BumpAdmin can we get s sticky?
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Social Media Announcements

• Options
    Is anyone else interested in doing this?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I'll play but I'm not announcing for another month or so. I want to do some cute photos incorporating LO#1.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm definitely interested but I still have about 3 weeks  :#
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer and it to get closer to Easter. My plan is to go to where we got married (it's a Victorian mansion with awesome gardens) and take pics of DD dressed up with a "I'm a big sister" book and maybe do an easter basket with a Halloween egg, sonogram and something that says "baby #2 hatching in October..." Idk yet though. Not sure if that is cheesy. gotta love Pinterest haha.
  • Options
    I also took to Pinterest! We are planning to announce around easter
  • Options
    Announcing on my birthday, April 5!! 
  • Options
    I can't wait until we announce! But we are waiting until I am 12 weeks. So about 4 more weeks! Hopefully peole will post some cute ideas on here. I have seen some really ones on Pinterest! :)

• Options

I found these  Easter Eggs on Etsy and think we are going to do the reveal with our parents this way.  Probably film it and do a mash up video that we post to FB. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225603668/crack-me-pregnancy-announcement-easter?ref=hp_rv

• Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    I love this thread! The way people tell is one of my favorite topics. 

That said we aren't announcing for awhile, maybe not even until May. DH has a bitter and spiteful ex and so we are keeping quiet so we can just have time to be happy before she throws her fit. I'm bummed because I really want to tell my DD but she will tell her stepbrothers and anything the youngest knows, his mom knows, so we just don't feel like it's safe. 

Does anyone else else have an issue like that at all? Or has anyone else felt with it? I won't hijack this thread but I've been pondering staring a new one about how ex's were told I just don't know how many people can give advise. 
  • Options
    @GenTK I think that's a good topic for discussion.  I have no personal input but just opinion.  I say do whatever makes you happy, if you're ready to tell the people who love you then do.  It sounds like the Ex is going to be negative about it any way you look at it, just block her out of your life as much as possible.  There will be hundreds of people who are going to be happy for you.  Just focus on the good.   
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    @mrs_fogue Thanks for your input. I'll start a thread here soon I think. 

Yes, she's going to be negative no matter what. Cutting her out is part of why we are thinking to wait. We are moving in June to another city away from her so if we hold off until right before we move she can get mad all she wants from miles and miles away. Distance will help. I still want DD to know sooner though so we are trying to work it out. 
  • Options
    @GenTK I totally feel for you there. It can be so hard to navigate around the bitterness, especially when you don't want it to interfere with such a happy event! In our case, she has never been anything but nice about hearing that we were expecting so I don't have a lot of personal advice there.
    That being said, from experiences with other situations, I totally agree with what @mrs_fogue said! Do what makes you happy, the backlash will eventually fade and you will be able to enjoy the well wishes from your loved ones while it does!  :)
  • Options
    @GenTK I don't have any spiteful people in my life, BUT, I do know that my parents will be less then thrilled. I am in the same boat. I am waiting it out before telling my parents so that I can have happy time to myself and with DH.

I plan on sending them maybe a card and an Easter egg with a bible verse or psalm. This will go down and around Good Friday and Easter itself. They are moderately religious (I am not) but I think that it will help them choose an appropriate response and ease them into it.

I am not calling them because in the past, that has not gone over well. Maybe, if they can stagger their reaction, it will work out for the better.

@mrs_fogue I really love those little eggs, very cute.

@Khogue4077 your announcement is so precious, cute, and sweet :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We announced on FB as soon as both our families know. I just posted a positive PT and a message that says 'see you in a few months baby'. I was about 6 weeks then. I'm 11 2/7 weeks today. :)

@GenTK My DH's ex is the same. When DH broke up with her she tried playing the pregnancy card but DH didn't fall for it, and it isn't actually true. She was the most hateful person I know. Anyway, I didn't care if the EX throws a fit or whatever, it even kinda makes me laugh to see her jealous over it. Anyway, my point is, don't let other people's emotion affect your happiness. For all we care they don't have any role in our lives so why would their opinion matter? Also, distance, yes distance helps a lot.
  • Options
    canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited March 2017
    @GenTK I don't have any spiteful ex's ( DH and I are high school sweethearts) , but I do have the issue of DH's sister. She had a full hysterectomy due to uterine cancer when she was 24. She is now 33 and 2 summers ago she had asked us if I would be a surrogate since she has 3 frozen embryos. DH was adamant on no, and * TW* with my having previous MCs, I couldn't bare the thought of not just losing my own but someone else's child I'd be responsible for growing. *end TW*. She was bummed but it didn't hurt our relationship.  DH told me we need to do what's right for OUR family, as tough as he backlash may be.  Now we have to tell her we are pregnant with our 3rd and she still hasn't gone through surrogacy. She will be spiteful, she will be hurt, but I'm praying she'll get over it and love this baby as she loves her nieces. 

Point is, you do what's right for you. No one can tell you otherwise. 

Edit: words. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    @canonmom413 Ouch. That is such a difficult situation. I could not bear the thought of something going wrong either. Wishful thinking for you when you announce and also her, that the right opportunity may come along. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I bought my son a cute shirt that says "Super Cool Big Bro" and I got a shirt in the same color that says "Bun In The Oven" and for my husband I got a shirt that says "Be Nice To Me My Wife Is Pregnant" and we'll probably take a picture with all of us wearing them and post it some time after 12 weeks. I try to keep stuff off social media until then but all of our families know, just not Facebook friends and extended family.
  • Options
    I'm trying to think of something. Last time we didn't post anything until after the 20 week appointment and it was a picture of DH and I (visible bump at that point) and the caption was "I ate so much I look pregnant! Oh, wait..."

DD has a Big Sister shirt and is really into Doc McStuffins right now so one option is to take a picture of her listening to my belly with her stethoscope...my only thing with that is it really doesn't include DH or our pups in it. Another idea is to have the 3 of us with our bellies out - her Buddha Belly, my Baby Belly, and DH's Beer Belly. But we've got some time to think it through.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @VLillyV Thank you!! I love your ideas for an Easter theme! I hope that their reactions will be way better than expected!

@babymish I am crying over your announcement! It is so, so beautiful!
  • Options
    @babymish omg I teared up, that is beautiful! 

My mother in law is going to take Easter pictures of us and we're going to announce on Easter ❤ I think I'll be 14-15 weeks at that point. 
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    We announced with a picture of DD holding a sign that said "Big Sister Baby #2 Due October 2017". I'm a little obsessed with boutique clothes, so I'd been hoarding the most perfect pink and blue dress for her to wear! It turned out so great! 

I'd be thrilled to have another girl (and DH and DD both say they want a girl), but our bank account would benefit from a boy (and of course, I'd love a boy too) haha. I have entirely too much fun buying dresses and bows! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Geez I just bawled like a baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @babymish that is absolutely beautiful. i am sobbing. congrats lady! <3
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    @keiraanne not weird! I'm about 10 weeks and we just told most of his family last night. I was 8 weeks before we told our parents. We're specifically holding off on one aunt/uncle because they get a little facebook happy. I'm pretty sure I was past the 20 week mark last time when I posted anything on facebook. Some people are comfortable posting it early, some people aren't. Just whatever you're comfortable with :smile:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are in the middle of telling family right now before we will do social media. Whenever we see them, we put DD in a Big Sis shirt and wait for them to notice. My mom and step dad were clueless. I had to point it out (I probably could have waited longer but I was impatient). We then face timed MIL who saw it right away. We face timed my dad and step mom and they didn't see right away, but DD also wouldn't sit still lol we will tell FIL next week when we see him, and then our close friends... and eventually social media. Last time I got one of those "Baby Guard Dog Duty Begins Sept '14" signs for our dogs to pose with. It worked out well and was pretty cute. I'm not sure what we will do this time. I kind of want to play off of our last announcement with the dogs like "Extension of Duty," Additional Assignment" or make DD an additional guard "recruit" or something but I haven't thought much about it beyond that. I might just take a pic of DD in the same Big Sis shirt and call it a day. We are going to Disneyland when I'm 18 weeks and I thought about waiting until then and doing something Disney related, but I'm not sure if I want to wait that long to announce. I love everyone's cute ideas!

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GenTK said:

That said we aren't announcing for awhile, maybe not even until May. DH has a bitter and spiteful ex and so we are keeping quiet so we can just have time to be happy before she throws her fit. I'm bummed because I really want to tell my DD but she will tell her stepbrothers and anything the youngest knows, his mom knows, so we just don't feel like it's safe. 

Does anyone else else have an issue like that at all? Or has anyone else felt with it? I won't hijack this thread but I've been pondering staring a new one about how ex's were told I just don't know how many people can give advise. 
    GenTK said:

My husband's ex isn't super crazy (that I know of!!) but we've waited to tell my step kids.  They're 12 and 15.  But I know the 12 year old would run and tell her mom.  And then pretty much we should have just announced it on Facebook because we live in a small town and I'm sure way more people would know than I wanted.  I'm secretly hoping child support to her will go down.  We have 50/50 custody and she barely uses it for the kids anyhow. :/  
  • Options
    WRWrunnergirlWRWrunnergirl member
    edited March 2017
    I love seeing all the announcements!! 
    I teach and I need to let my principal know by the end if this month my plans for next year, so I need to say something soon.  Which means we need to tell our families before then.   My sister, a close friend, and my "nesties," are the only ones who know besides DH.  I'm like a couple others of you that I've been enjoying just having this news as something special between us for now.  
    As far as our announcement, we are both runners and in one of our wedding photos we put on our running shoes and have our shoes and the bottom or my dress / his pants showing.  We are thinking of taking a similar picture, but with baby sneakers in between our sneakers.  
  • Options
    If any STMs have kiddos that are into superheros, a saw this announcement that had the kids and dad/partner dressed as superheros and the momma wore a shirt that said "I grow humans, what's your super power?"  It was super cute!
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    GenTK said:

My husband's ex isn't super crazy (that I know of!!) but we've waited to tell my step kids.  They're 12 and 15.  But I know the 12 year old would run and tell her mom.  And then pretty much we should have just announced it on Facebook because we live in a small town and I'm sure way more people would know than I wanted.  I'm secretly hoping child support to her will go down.  We have 50/50 custody and she barely uses it for the kids anyhow. :/  
    I must admit that feel that way too about child support. If the kids need things she sends us a list so I buy all their clothes and school stuff and everything so I'm really not sure what she does with the support. She was actually arrested for check fraud yesterday so... 

Anyway, to fun things. After much talk and deliberation I decide I don't want the EX to ruin the fun for DD. I know she's going to be so excited and happy. So we ordered her a special shirt and she's going to get it next Friday and come with me to my us, then she gets to wear her shirt to TX to go to my nieces birthday party and we will see who notices it.