Mondays...
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/13

• Options
    Mine has definitely been a true Monday. Thank goodness for a flexible work schedule as I'm sitting at home working in my PJs, unshowered.
  • Options
    It snowed here again last night/this morning so getting into work was fun. I am tired too.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Between E's hair pulling and the never ending shedding, I'm ready to chop all my hair off. Who's with me?
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer my hair has been in a pony tail 24/7 since he was born so I don't experience the pulling yet. Finally have a haircut appointment in a week. My shedding is out of control though 
  • Options
    @kvruns - I wish I could put mine in a ponytail. I've been growing it out for almost two years and am so close to a ponytail, but not quite there yet. I'm doing a lot of headbands and partials, but she reaches to the back of my neck and grabs on to the hair. A lot of times she only wants to hold it, but if I want to move my head at all, it's a problem. I just keep reminding myself of how much more maintenance short hair takes - mainly more hair appts which means spending more money. 
  • Options
    I keep contemplating a chop. My hair is up constantly, and he is still often trying to grab the little baby hairs at the back. When he grabs my hair it is so intense, he is so fricken strong! 
  • Options
    My first never pulled hair and so the urge wasn't there but this LO also grabs my hair and reels himself in. I like to interpret it as affection but am also considering making a hair appointment for next week. 

Today was was one of those days where I fantasized about how I could have spent the hours at the mall differently than how it went down with two LOs... needless to say I did nothing for myself. And I really wanted to do something for myself. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    I'm the exact opposite, I wish I could grow my hair long. My hair is shoulder length and it's kind of a PITA. It's just a hair too short to get it all up in a pont tail and you have to do it everyday for it to look cute. Grass is always greener!
  • Options
    I am super sad today. *TW* loss

My friend may be going through a MC. I am so sad for her, I know exactly how it is. When you are in this limbo of not really knowing, that is the worst.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Hugs @m6agua. I have also been there and my intuition shortened my limbo, but it didn't make it any easier. I hope she's ok and it's a good thing she has a friend like you to be there. 
  • Options
    sorry to hear that about your friend @m6agua
  • Options
    @m6agua I'm so sorry to hear that. 
  • Options
    Going back to work wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and H seemed to do really well with S.  But how do you STM+ do it when you get home?  LOs bedtime is 7 and by the time I get home there is no time to cook or eat before I have to start her bedtime routine.  I couldn't even imagine how I would be able to take care of more than 1 and making sure everyone had dinner.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    edited March 2017
    My dentist told me I looked tired today. Hmmm I actually thought I was pretty good because the kiddo slept great. Go figure!

I'm wearing a maternity sweater to work today. I think I only wore it once while pregnant and honestly it doesn't look maternity at all. But it's comfortable since it has some extra room in the gut area so I don't feel like my muffin top is on display. 
  • Options
    @m6agua I'm so sorry for your friend. Be been there too and know how frustrating it can be. Hugs to her and you!
  • Options
    m6agua said:
    It snowed here again last night/this morning so getting into work was fun. I am tired too.
    It took me 1.5 hours to drive 12 miles... ugh I should have just stayed home. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Options
    12" of snow and counting here with two LOs and I've never wanted a warm cup of coffee so bad...

@ladybug2821 I try to make up for all the lost time on the weekends. But must admit I don't see my friends all that often as a result. I get home with the kids and play, chat, etc. About a half hour later DH is finished with work and makes dinner. We sit down together between 5-5:30 and start bedtime by 6:15 - I bathe and prep our oldest while DH gets some LO time. Then we switch and he reads to our oldest while I bathe LO. We say our good nights and everyone is down for the count by 7:30 at the very latest. Granted, LO is nursing at 7:30 so he isn't actually asleep until 8:15-8:30. 

@kvruns Why do people think "you look tired" is ever worth mentioning?!?
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 I have to say you definitely need a job that lets you off earlier rather than later for it to work well in my opinion. I pick up my daughter from day care at 4:15 (will be same time with DS once he starts going). We do dinner at 5:30, bath at 6:45, my DS is usually ready to nurse and go to bed between 7:15 and 8 during which time my three year old plays on her iPad. After DS is asleep I turn off the iPad and we brush teeth and read stories until about 8:30 then it's lights out for DD.
    for dinners to be easy I usually am reheating something like pasta or cooking a hot dog or chicken nuggets real quick. I never make anything that takes a lot of time unless it's a weekend and then I make enough to save leftovers to reheat throughout the week. 
    Its tricky with two for sure but you find a rhythm.
  • Options
    Being able to get home earlier would make things easier. I'm getting home around 5:45 and bedtime routine begins at 6:30 so I'd rather just spend the time with her then waste that time cooking or eating. I will probably have to start making larger meals on the weekend and having leftovers throughout the week. 
  • Options
    Just got back from the physical therapist and my little man needs a helmet for his flat head. I'm devastated. I keep reminding myself that he's happy and healthy but I'm so sad
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @anne11716 Try to look at it positively- he won't remember it and his head will look marvelous! Hugs to you mama!
  • Options
    @anne11716 Try to look at it positively- he won't remember it and his head will look marvelous! Hugs to you mama!
    ditto!
  • Options
    So it's close to 9pm and I'm just getting a moment's peace. And I do mean a "moment". Of course, DH is exhausted...
  • Options
    So it's close to 9pm and I'm just getting a moment's peace. And I do mean a "moment". Of course, DH is exhausted...
    It's like you're living my life. I literally just sent my husband to bed because I couldn't listen to him whine one more minute. I'm so annoyed. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Last night and today was a little tougher because I was thinking about my MC and about my friend. She let me know her baby is good and still has a heartbeat! She isn't out of the woods yet. Doctor is calling it a threatened MC.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Hooray for the heartbeat! FX!
  • Options
    4 month needles today. Eep!!
  • Options
    kristah2 said:
    4 month needles today. Eep!!
    4 months was much better than 2 months. Hopefully it'll be the same for you. 
  • Options
    Good luck @kristah2! Stay strong!
  • Options
    I didn't realize there were 4 month shots too
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I didn't realize there were 4 month shots too
    For us there are shots at 4 and 6 months as well as a year and 18 months. Then there is this delightful break with the exception of the flu shot. 
  • Options
    Well that was traumatizing. Poor thing screamed. And is so upset. 

Also she's all concerned about his weight. He's 14lb 6oz. She said he went from the 38% to 13% and thinks he's not getting enough. But he's eating LOTS during the day and he's always satisfied. And my supply is great. (Despite what she is saying). And now she is suggesting I wake him in the middle of the night to feed him. 
    He really seems happy and I don't want to disrupt his sleep schedule and mess him up. 
    Any advice?

i already made an apt with his dr for next week because I trust Drs more then public health nurses (sorry if any of you are nurses) and she wants me to go see her again on the 27 to weigh him so I want to see his dr before then. 
  • Options
    kristah2 said:
    Well that was traumatizing. Poor thing screamed. And is so upset. 

Also she's all concerned about his weight. He's 14lb 6oz. She said he went from the 38% to 13% and thinks he's not getting enough. But he's eating LOTS during the day and he's always satisfied. And my supply is great. (Despite what she is saying). And now she is suggesting I wake him in the middle of the night to feed him. 
    He really seems happy and I don't want to disrupt his sleep schedule and mess him up. 
    Any advice?

i already made an apt with his dr for next week because I trust Drs more then public health nurses (sorry if any of you are nurses) and she wants me to go see her again on the 27 to weigh him so I want to see his dr before then. 
    My baby is tiny (he's maybe 12 lbs now at 16 weeks). At his 2 month he was in the less than 5% weight and had been in around the 20-25%, so a drop. I was more concerned about his weight I think than them and brought it up. The Dr said not to let him go more than 8 hours between feeding at night. I was like so you want me to wake my sleeping baby?! He said yes. But I opted not to. I did add an extra feeding for him during the day but have opted to not wake him. At first they wanted him to be 12 lbs by 3 months, which was like 2 weeks after his appt and no way he was going to gain 2 lbs in 2 weeks. Then I called later and was told as long as his weight trended up it was ok. He is super alert, follows you/toys with his eyes, holds his head up great, etc so I figure he's healthy and decided not to worry about it. 
  • Options
    @kvruns M is the same way! Everyone keeps mentioning how alert he is. And he plays with toys as holds them and smiles and laughs. He sleeps about 8 hours a night sometimes 9-10 so maybe I'll make sure he doesn't sleep past 8 hours. 
    Im more annoyed how big of a deal they made it.  It just stresses me out more 
  • Options
    @kristah2 If he's gaining, I wouldn't stress too much. And, naturally, your doctor will probably weigh in differently on the subject as all medical professionals seem to do. You could add more healthy fats to your diet that would translate into your BM though if you're concerned. Consider eating avocados, cashews or almonds and drinking whole, raw coconut milk (the kind that comes in a can).
  • Options
    I signed up for the Dependent Care FSA at work, made my election, washed my hands of it. I get a biweekly account statement showing how much is in my account. I looked at my paystub and noticed my company hasn't been taking any $$ out of my check for it. So I let them know - they can't figure out how my account has money in it because they have no record of ever having the deduction made for me.  :eyeroll:  This is what our company does for a living but we can't get it right on our own lol
  • Options
    @kristah2 Sorry about the appointment. It gets me thinking though. My LO has her 4 month appointment at the beginning of April. She is EFF and we feed on demand, I feel like she is not going to have gained much weight. Part of me thinks this because in the last couple weeks she wasn't eating as much as before. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the sleep regression/teething/leap. So I am thinking if most of us have babies who don't continue on their weight percentile is it due to the sleep regression/teething/leap. Just a thought. I'm interested to see how much my baby gained.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    I know the average BF baby gets super chunky in the first three months and then begins to plateau, eventually thinning out if that helps. 

DH decided he would try to dictate a nap for LO today despite my telling him his "cry it out" method would ultimately fail. Sure enough, he screamed for 45 minutes. When I went to go get him DH scolded me about not waiting long enough until I pointed out what he thought had only been 15 minutes had actually been 45. Ugh.