June 2017 Moms

UO Thursday - 3/9 Edition

13»

Re: UO Thursday - 3/9 Edition

• Wino0920Wino0920 member
    edited March 2017
    I HATE the "just wait" parents. I loved when my son was born and slept through the night we brough him home. I loved responding "sucks for you!"

We are the only couple of our closest friends to have 3, so no one says anything to us now. 

When I hear people are pregnant, I always am encouraging of all the plans they make and decisions they are making. I
  • Wino0920 said:
    I HATE the "just wait" parents. I loved when my son was born and slept through the night we brough him home. I loved responding "sucks for you!"
    Bahaha I LOVE proving people wrong, or my son proving people wrong.
    My newest favorite is when we said that we were going to skip sippy cups. "Oh just wait until you see the mess they make with a regular cup!" Nope. My son has never used a sippy and we went straight to open cups and drinking from straws. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Elyse1384 said:
    I hate bed sharing.  Any recommendations on how to get DH out?
    Lmao! 

On the whole Co-sleeping subject... I'm team... idc if you do it- but it's definitely not happening in my house. I really don't even want to keep her in the bassinet in our room.  DH co-slept with my ss until we got together... he was 4, breaking that habit and getting him to sleep in his own room was the biggest PITA... and even now it's sometimes a fight to get him to actually go to bed (and stay there) and he's 9. He doesn't come into our room anymore... but still if he can't hear us from his room he freaks out. Nope- Victoria is sleeping in her nursery from day 1. 

My UO (and it may not be)... is that if I want to purchase things off my own registry, I should not get yelled at and/or lectured about how I should've waited or let someone else have the opportunity to buy it for us. We put our nursery furniture, and some other big ticket items on our BRU registry, we were planning on buying it ourselves but wanted the 10% back they give you after baby arrives. Got yelled at for buying it by a few people and was told "if we don't want others to buy it... don't put it on the registry". 
    Well damnit I want that 10% back and that's the only way to do it lol.
    IAmPregnant Ticker