May 2017 Moms

Claire + Owen 3.06.17

What a difference a day makes!

Our littles came out doing pretty well for their age (32w1d) yesterday but the bigger one (Miss Claire) eventually needed more respiratory support. She went from requiring CPAP (a little extra positive pressure to keep the airways open) to needing NIPPV (actually on the ventilator but not yet needing a breathing tube) to requiring intubation (breathing tube and all). That was around 5 pm last night. She got surfactant to help her tiny airways pop open after a chest x-ray showed "haziness" (fluid of some kind somewhere that made it harder for her to breathe). Thankfully, she was extubated about 12 hours later (longer than expected but still great news!) and throughout the day today was weaned back to CPAP and is now just getting a little forward air flow through a nasal cannula (what most people use when they need oxygen) - she's technically on "room air" too, meaning not requiring extra oxygen. 

Owen has been the (somewhat) surprising rockstar in the last 24 hours. He needed nothing more than CPAP since birth and was weaned like Claire to nasal cannula late this afternoon. 

In other body systems they are both doing pretty well. Antibiotics should hopefully be discontinued by 48 hours. They've gotten ~12 mL each of colostrum and are now on little amounts of donor milk every 3 hours. Will be in isolettes until they can maintain their body temp (both need to gain some weight first). 

PM me for a separate page that I'll update more frequently. No hard feelings if you don't. ;)

Claire (while still on CPAP) (top)
Skin to skin with Owen (middle)
Owen (bottom)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Claire + Owen 3.06.17

• Oh my goodness, congratulations again! Thank you for sharing your story so far. They are so darn precious. Sending continued good vibes your way for speedy recoveries for all.
  • It sounds like a scary evening with Claire, but I'm so glad she's doing well now! They're so sweet. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • They're both so beautiful! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations!!! They are so so cute!!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Amazing! Thanks for the info, I'm def on board with frequent updates!! Great work babies and momma!
  • Love them! They really seem to be doing so well despite being early! Would love continued updates.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Keep the updates coming! Glad to hear they're not doing well!!
  • Just beautiful!!! Great job momma!!
  • Congratulations again! Thank you for the updates! Praying they continue to gain weight!! 
  • Congratulations! They're beautiful!
  • SKZWSKZW member
    I love reading your updates! It sounds like little Claire and Owen are making progress, which is great! You are all in my thoughts!
  • I love the little peanuts! Glad to hear they are little rockstars!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited March 2017
    They look adorable! So glad your already getting  to do skin to skin with them and that Claire's breathing issues have stabilized. Keep up the good work babies! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Precious! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the updates :) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• I'm glad to hear Miss Claire was weaned off of the ventilator and is doing well on her own again! So glad Owen gave you the surprise of handling outside so well. Please keep the updates coming and continued good vibes sent your way!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Oh my gosh they are beautiful! I'm sorry Claire has struggled a bit but I'm so glad they're both doing better now. Keep updating us!
  • So glad they are doing well today. Can't believe we have babies on the outside!! They look great momma! 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • That's awesome news @mdlorenz !  Glad they are doing ok! 
  • Great news!! What little cuties they are!! Congrats! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Yay for strong babies and a positive update!
  • What cuties! Thanks for the update!  Glad everyone is doing ok. 
  • So glad to hear they are going ok!
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am so happy to see they are doing great!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh my heavens, those are some adorable babies!! Love seeing these updates (keep 'em coming!)!! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh my goodness, they are absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for the update, and congratulations again!!! <3
  • Beautiful babies! Glad they are both making progress. Hope you're recovering well, too!
  • Beautiful babies!! Praying they continue to thrive and gain weight!! Please continue to update here!! Would love to follow their progress <3
  • *Lurking from July*

Such precious darlings! :heart: praying for continued growth and strength for the babies, and a smooth recovery and transition for you!! Congratulations!
  • kat81kat81 member
    They look amazing and seem to be doing really great! I'm very happy for you and wish you the best during this crazy NICU time.

• Congratulations mama!! They're adorable!
  • CarmCeGCarmCeG member
    edited March 2017

CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!!! I'm VERY content that everything worked out and your babies are doing so well!! They are very gorgeous babies!

I'm sure they will both continue to surprise you!

Welcome, welcome special babies :D

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• So glad that they are doing well! On nasal canulas already, they are little rock stars! So awesome! 
  • Congratulations, they are beautiful!! So happy to hear they are doing well! 

• Congrats! So happy they are doing so well. Beautiful babies. 
  • Congrats!!! Glad they're doing well!
  • I'm so glad they are doing so great. Congrats!
  • Just stopped by to say that I am deff thinking of you & your family! Sending love and positive vibes your way!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats on your beautiful family! Love hearing all about them! They are perfect!
  • Congratulations! What beautiful babies! You all are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope you are also recovering well.
  • Congratulations! I'm glad they are doing well now. I hope they continue to blossom!