June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/6

Drop those randoms here ladies!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/6

• Options
    Had my glucose test this morning. The drink makes me nostalgic for my childhood. 
  • Options
    I feel like we haven't heard from a lot of regulars lately. @kassyfry @NYCProf Who else? Where is everybody?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had my glucose test this morning. The drink makes me nostalgic for my childhood. 
    Yes! It tastes like cheap orange drink. I drink mine over ice, and while it IS ridiculously sweet, it's nothing that childhood me would have refused! 
  • Options
    Heading in for the lovely glucose test. I was so tempted on stopping for McDonalds breakfast burritos but I held on strong.

• Options
    @Stankonia2014 yes.  I keep thinking I have all this time when in reality these babies will be here before we know it.  This weekend my BIL is getting married, but once that is done I am getting my and my husbands butt in full on get ready for baby mode.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @Stankonia2014 I had the same freak out moment this morning.  I realized that 11 weeks from this Thursday is the most time I'll have before the baby comes.  11 WEEKS THAT IS NOT VERY FAR AHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    I'm waiting for a phone call from my daughter's dentist. We are trying to get some things covered that normally aren't because she's autistic and can't handle having the nitrous oxide over her nose. It's been an ongoing battle, and now our insurance is changing. So I'm giving them to the end of the day and I'm just going to go to a different office. This office is just SO slow with everything and everyone I talk to tells me something different. But it's only 20 min away from our house vs the other office is almost an hr. I feel like I can't do anything waiting for this lady to call me back. Happy Monday..

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    Yes, this pregnancy has gone way faster than dds. I don't have a nursery to prep, but our house needs so much work before he arrives. And dh never wants to do the project that needs to be done, he keeps coming up with unnecessary crap to do
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 I'm due in the latter half of June and am freaking out about time. Like how are we in another week already!?

@Wearmi1 glad you are off to a good start this week! :)
  • Options
    Anyone else has started getting the rude comments about how "big" they're getting?

I thought my belly was smaller this time around but I guess that doesn't stop people from commenting  :|

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    @Stankonia2014, I'm feeling this way too. After the visit to L&D last week, sh$t got real. I'm entering anxious panic mode now. I'm freaking out because I've been so sick that I haven't saved the money I had planned on setting aside for maternity leave. The nursery is done, but I'm not ready at all! Aaack! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    @Yailani23 Unfortunately I've been getting those comments since about 15 weeks. I even had people ask me "are you sure?" when I told them my due date because I was apparently just so big I must be forgetting when my baby is actually due. The comments had seemed to be getting better but then I got two "so you're about ready to pop, huh?" over the last week.  :/ 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had my first question from a stranger this week. I was buying dog food and the cashier just went for it with 'when are you due? Is this your first baby?' 
    I don't understand why a stranger wants to know if it's my first or fifteenth kid. Oh well. 
  • Options
    @stankonia2014, I definitely agree that time is flying.  We're visiting our expecting mother later in the month and she'll be hitting her 3rd trimester mark while we're there.  It's crazy!!!

In other news, my DH was looking at houses last night.  I'm like, dude...we have a home study in place that would need updating, we JUST decorated the nursery, and the basement isn't finished.  What are you thinking?!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    Yes @yailani23 I've been getting constant comments from just about everyone about how big my belly is.  Mostly are you sure there's only one in there?  You must be about 9 months along now huh.... I'm just like nope just short and round.  Even at my MIL's memorial this weekend some of the women in the family were like you're HUGE.  I just smiled and rolled with it.  I don't care anymore...I just waddle around and smile... also tell these men I work with to f*ck off when they tell me how big I am.... nothing makes them happier than to get a rise out of me.  Such is life in military. 
  • Options
    I don't know why, but for some reason all my countdown panic and nesting is directed at food, not at actually prepping my house. The baby's room is painted except for touch ups, but I need to finish that, put the crib together, buy a chair and a rug, paint the table I am putting next to the theoretical chair, etc. Instead, all I am doing is making freezer meals and making lists of more freezer meals I want to make. It is ridiculous. 

I think it is because when dd was born I pretty much only ate trail mix for a month and I know I can't do that this time with a toddler to feed.
  • Options
    LMMamaLMMama member
    edited March 2017
    I'm in the same boat of starting to freak out about how I don't have that much time left and there is still SO much to do. 

We close on our new house the 17th (Beware @wearmi1 ;) )We are basically doubling our space and need to buy new furniture and refinish other furniture and pick out paint and floors and a new kitchen. Basically do every room in the new house, in addition to a nursery.

My DD's 5th bday is April 3rd and I'm still unsure of what to do for it but I'm having serious guilt over not being ready for it. 5 is big and it's her last one as an only child!

Also we are getting married next summer and have been having the pressure put on that we need to decide on and book a venue this far out (we've already lost our first two choices!) So we've been running through guests lists, budgets, and location options as well. There's a reason you're supposed to do life steps in order and not all at once!
  • Options
    My go-to reply to the "about to pop" BS is:
    "YES! In THREEEEEEE more months"
    followed by a smile and a walk away

I have no time to talk to people who know me enough to talk to me but not enough to know when this LO will arrive.

This week started off super hectic with prepping learning materials for TODAY'S class (printers went down last week), but it looks like we will be ready for our newest students. I hate last minute preparations!

In baby news: Count me into the I can't believe they're almost here Group!!

• Options
    @lmmama the house we're looking at is least double our current house and then some.  We're going to have to buy so much stuff for it.  Makes me stress just thinking about it.  Good luck to you!  Sounds like you have loads of things to do in short amount of time.  Especially with wedding planning.  That can get stressful for sure. 
  • Options
    I am so over going to work at this point. I just want to stay home and nest. I don't think I wanted to nest this early with DD1
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    My due date countdown went to 99 days today.  It is getting scary. I feel half prepared and half not. The nursery furniture should be delivered this week and I anticipate being done with it by the end of the month. I am just overwhelmed by the fact that I have no clue when she is actually coming. Will it be 3 weeks early? 1 week late? The whole zero control thing stresses me out. 
    I just signed us up for the prepared childbirth class at our hospital for April 8th. I'm sure after that it will hit me even harder. 

@Wearmi1 I'm glad that this week is off to a better start. 
  • Options
    So glad you are having a better week, @Wearmi1!  Any major upcoming appointments for Miss Adeline?
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    I finally spilled the beans on the babies sex to
    my Team Green in-laws. Even though I've been super irritated that they don't want to know, it was an honest accident. We were at dinner and I was musing to my husband that we should tell the other James' in the family that that's what we're naming the baby. He just sort of stared at me and it took me a few seconds to realize what I did.

I started crying, and then my MIL told me that my SILs friend had already told her. So she already knew and was just going to be in denial so that we had to keep up the charade? Awesome. 

Anyway, it's kind of a relief. I still feel resentful, but at least I can use the babies name and pronouns around them.
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
  • Options
    Wino0920 said:
    Passed my glucose test last week! People, I have a sugar problem...I drank that pure sugar drink then had 3 paczkis and a kronut. I need to get this under control.

Nah girl you passed you're good. 
  • Options
    HgPa said:
    I finally spilled the beans on the babies sex to
    my Team Green in-laws. Even though I've been super irritated that they don't want to know, it was an honest accident. We were at dinner and I was musing to my husband that we should tell the other James' in the family that that's what we're naming the baby. He just sort of stared at me and it took me a few seconds to realize what I did.

I started crying, and then my MIL told me that my SILs friend had already told her. So she already knew and was just going to be in denial so that we had to keep up the charade? Awesome. 

Anyway, it's kind of a relief. I still feel resentful, but at least I can use the babies name and pronouns around them.
    Wow your MIL sounds like a jerk!
  • Options
    I need yall ladies to talk me off a ledge.....  Or at least give me some advice before I loose my job for going BSC on someone because I really don't have another forum to vent....

Ok, so I had a doctor's appointment Friday afternoon and had to leave early.  Apparently, a teacher I really like(d) and respect(ed) went off the handle on another teacher YELLING in the hallway after school about some of my students that are in her class (I'm a special education teacher - so I pull students with disabilities out of the regular education classroom in a small group that need more help in reading and math) and basically was saying things like "retarded kids", "they don't even need to be in this school", "whoever thought this was a good idea is stupid" while complaining about having these students in her room and them going against her if they do not pass the end of year test.

I got an email from my principal on Saturday asking if I could meet with her and this teacher to review some concerns she has with her special needs students.  When I read the email I had no idea about any of this... my co-workers told me about it today.  I do not want to go into this meeting raging... and I HIGHLY doubt my principal knows this happened.  WHAT DO I DO?!  I'm not trying to be a tattle tale... but I am NOT OK with that level of indecency and unprofessionalism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yailani23 said:
    Anyone else has started getting the rude comments about how "big" they're getting?

I thought my belly was smaller this time around but I guess that doesn't stop people from commenting  :|
    Yes.
     "Are you sure there's only one?" And "I heard it's any day now!" Top the list. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    @EmeraldNC That is so frustrating. I imagine that kind of attitude and language from a student would have consequences. I think the teacher needs to be taken to task (grain of salt, I'm not a teacher either). 

• Options
    @EmeraldNC I agree with pps. That is called advocating, not tattling. My only concern would be since you didn't hear it personally, whether the otter teacher can just deny it and make it look like she is just seeking your advice and assistance and you are being the bad guy. Maybe you and the teacher who witnessed it can go to admin about it ahead of your meeting?

Does it seem like there might be some possibility that admin already knows and is making her meet with you to find tools to solve her frustrations in a healthy way instead of bitching and calling children names? 
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC, I'm not an educator, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I absolutely think it needs to be mentioned and I don't think of it as tattling. That is extremely unprofessional and I'm not thrilled that she's going to continue working with these children.
    This. What a terrible thing to say. I hate that she put you in this situation, but I feel even worse for the kids who are in a class with her who may have been made to feel inadequate :( I'd absolutely mention this. It's so beyond inappropriate.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers