July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Random March 6-10

1235»

Re: Weekly Random March 6-10

• Options
    Thanks @OperaSingerMommy! Pumping in the car doesn't bother me either, so at least I'm not stressing about that (yet, haha). I think it's just being so far away and it being just a concert and not something "important."

My brain knows that I need to still do things for me, but my heart hasn't caught on to that yet!
  • Options
    dancegurl1118dancegurl1118 member
    edited March 2017
    Been awake for an hour with damn acid reflux. It was all that tomato sauce I had for dinner...now the question is do I get my lazy butt out of bed for some tums and milk or just lay here and wallow in my 2am sadness?
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Been awake for an hour with damn acid reflux. It was all that tomato sauce I had for dinner...now the question is do I get my lazy butt out of bed for some tums and milk or just lay here and wallow in my 2am sadness?
    The struggle is real. This is me every night, but re: having to pee. 
  • Options
    I'm in trouble for weight loss in 2nd tri because of gallstones and acid reflux. Fundal height is measuring ahead as was anatomy scan so the baby is fine, but I've been told to eat more. Problem is it has to (1) be low fat to not trigger gallbladder attacks and (2) not trigger reflux. How the F do I gain weight on a bland lowfat diet??

• Options
    @Chamomile if fundal height and baby are fine why are they pushing weight gain? Clearly baby is taking what it needs. Try not to stress too much about it you're doing what you need. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @Chamomile. One word: sugar!  

Just kidding. Gaining weight from sugar is probably not a great idea while pregnant or any other time.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    chamomile-2chamomile-2 member
    edited March 2017
    @dancegurl1118 I'm down 6 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, 4 of which came in the last month, and I was BMI 24 to start. They're not stressing me out but they'd like to see it go in the opposite direction at 23 weeks!

@GreenBean that's what I thought until I realized my favorite sweets have a fair amount of fat! No whoopie pies for me. I've been eating more bagels, toast, and sugary cereal. Just call me Cap'n Crunch!
  • Options
    @Chamomile if baby is fine why worry about weight gain? Are you allowed to have Bananas, brown  rice, whole grain pasta, oats? Oats and  Bananas always make me gain weight. 
  • Options
    @Chamomile I haven't gained any weight yet, lost 12 pound in first tri, but at my AS the MFM dr came in and I again asked that baby is doing well since I haven't gained anything.  She told me not to worry.  Baby takes first and you eating and taking vitamins is to feed and nourish yourself.  If you are measuring right on or ahead, I don't know what the concern is.  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @BusyZee @SquirttheTurtle it's not so much about gain as it is about reversing the recent loss - I lost 4 lbs between 19 and 23 weeks when I was already down from first trimester, so she just wants to make sure that trend doesn't continue because of my GI issues. She's actually a really chill OB and isn't stressing me about it, thank goodness! Whole grains fill me up a lot and then I can't eat more or I get reflux! I feel like an old lady.
  • Options
    I need some good thoughts, prayers, juju or karma. DH works at a smaller family-owned operation, it is a big company as far as revenue but small as far as employees. DH is the head of sales, marketing, media and the GM - second only to the owner. We found out just now the owners son quit his job and will be starting April first. Now because it is a smaller operation he would most likely either move into DH's role or be in charge of operations. If he takes DHs role he will find a new job if he takes the operations role it would be even better for DH than the current set-up now. DH has a job type that if he quits he will 95% probability go back to traveling full-time (4-5 days a week, 46 weeks a year). He may make more money but I cannot stand the thought of him traveling and being gone, he took this job so he could be home every night and refuses to even travel for conferences or events. I don't even care about the help with the kids and around here, I don't think I can bear him being gone more than he is here. 

The only positive we have is even though he has only been there four years and the past half year his profits and revenue stream has eclipsed the owner's - but you never know what someone will do for family. The owner said he won't retire for 5 more years and DH has not a single issue working for the boss's son he just doesn't want his ability to earn suffer since he is commissioned, his salary is less than 20% of what he earns overall. DH will quit if he takes his role or at least the sales part of his role...he'd be pleased as punch if he took everything but that. The worst part is this decision was made without DHs knowledge and he found out by accident. The owners wife and owner ran off to lunch when they realized he knew - probably to come up with something to say. 

Sorry for the wall of text, still processing this myself.
  • Options
    @Dcwtada. My DH has to travel about once a month for work. It's so hard when he's gone. It's hard on him and it's hard on us. We all hate it. I can't imagine if he had to work a schedule like what you're talking about. I'm so sorry you guys are going through all of that right now. I really hope the best case scenario happens and your DH keeps his current role. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Options
    @Dcwtada I uunderstand your position, I'm going through something similar but no where near as far as your H will have to go. That is a tough decision for both of you. Quality of life and comfort comes first, even if he makes More money there's no point of it if both of you aren't happy. I hope your able to find a solution that your both happy with.
  • Options
    @Dcwtada That's a lot of hours to be away when I'm sure you want the help with the kiddos.  Sending you some good juju and hoping you guys find a good solution.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker