May 2017 Moms

Weekend chat 3/4 - 3/5

Hey everyone! I won't be around much this weekend but wanted to start it off. Having our baby shower today!

Happy baby shower @nda_roxybabe

What else is going on?

Re: Weekend chat 3/4 - 3/5

• Loading the player...
  • @BabyMC517 good luck looking for houses/apartments!!
  • @vrj0522 That's really nice that you can register at both.
  • @BeachMommy2B Ohhh threenagers. Definitely the most exhausting stage. I'm about to enter those depths of hell with DD2. 
    Although DD1 is now 5 and quite sassy, I still give 3 as the hardest stage hands-down. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I woke up with flu symptoms. Only thing missing is the fever. Debating calling my doctor, or just going in to be checked. Spent 3 hours in the ER with my DH last night. He has a nasty case of bronchitis that is borderline pneumonia. So we are having a very lazy day. 
  • I woke up with flu symptoms. Only thing missing is the fever. Debating calling my doctor, or just going in to be checked. Spent 3 hours in the ER with my DH last night. He has a nasty case of bronchitis that is borderline pneumonia. So we are having a very lazy day. 
    Hope you feel better! Can you get to an urgent care? They can swab you and tell you if you have the flu. They can give you tamaflu if it hasn't been over 48 hours! 
    Oh no!! Feel better.

If you don't have a fever I would probably just call to check. My DD tested positive for influenza A... I came down with everything but the fever and they wouldn't even test me, because the OB didn't want to give tamiflu anyways. Other OBs may be different. I happened to have my normal appt that week and he told me to treat it like a cold and just to call him if I had a fever over 101 that wouldn't break with Tylenol  :(
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• bacorrea said:
    hp_momma said:
    @BeachMommy2B Ohhh threenagers. Definitely the most exhausting stage. I'm about to enter those depths of hell with DD2. 
    Although DD1 is now 5 and quite sassy, I still give 3 as the hardest stage hands-down. 
    Solidarity y'all. This happened the other night. 
    Me: "Peregrine, I said no."
    P: "I said yes!"
    Me: "Peregrine I am the mom."
    P: "I AM THE PERRIE!"

she turns 3 two weeks before my due date. I may not survive threenager and newborn stage.
    I was thinking the same thing. Mine will be 3 two months after my due date. I thought once we got through the terrible twos that we were in the clear. My 2 year old has really been testing me lately with climbing and standing on the edge of the bed and then calling my name to make sure I see (as I try not to freak out).  
  • BeachMommy2BBeachMommy2B member
    edited March 2017
    My threenager tries to break me on a daily basis. 
    I think this is my threenager's main goal in life! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @BeachMommy2B OB didn't want
    to give Tamiflu?? And your kiddo had confirmed flu? Did he give a reason? I don't want to ruffle your feathers about your OB but I'd side-eye that *hard* -- you'd get prophylactic oseltamivir from any OB provider in my area and would certainly have been swabbed with symptoms. I'm glad you're both doing better (I presume everyone has been on the up-swing?). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @MrsCPALeslie you sound like you have an awesome weekend!!  A wedding to go to AND people painting your nursery?? How fun!!

@museic have fun at your birthing class!  Ours starts Tuesday and I'm so excited!
  • Y'all have me terrified to have 3 yr olds, I am barely surviving the 2 year old stage  :s

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• chickyclg said:
    Y'all have me terrified to have 3 yr olds, I am barely surviving the 2 year old stage  :s
    If it's any consolation, DS was much worse at 2 than he was at 3. At 2 I was ready to pull my hair out most of the time; at 3 it got better; and then as he was about to turn 4 he became a child I didn't even recognize. Gentle and so wanting to please and make me happy. 

Then again, I foresee DD will be the opposite because she's just getting more smart-mouthed as her speech develops more and more. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Not much for weekend plans so far, but as of right now I'm thinking I will catch up on the rest of the laundry, get some cleaning done around the house, and take DD to the little park in our complex before nap time to wear her out.
    Tomorrow DH is off so we'll be doing some early Easter shopping for DD before everything is picked through (I'm overly excited because she has a current obsession with baskets and picking up all of her little toys) and hopefully ending the day with dinner at our favorite place.
  • mdlorenz said:
    @BeachMommy2B OB didn't want
    to give Tamiflu?? And your kiddo had confirmed flu? Did he give a reason? I don't want to ruffle your feathers about your OB but I'd side-eye that *hard* -- you'd get prophylactic oseltamivir from any OB provider in my area and would certainly have been swabbed with symptoms. I'm glad you're both doing better (I presume everyone has been on the up-swing?). 
    Yes, since I didn't have a fever he wanted it to run its course... this is after I'd been sick for 4 weeks with some type of bronchitis. I was sideyeing him hard don't get me wrong. DD is all better, im on the upswing. Still have the nagging cough 

BabyFruit Ticker

• No big plans here! Target run and going to the craft store. More organizing for this LO.  Got the grocery shopping done this morning, my least favorite thing to do these days. 

You ladies have me worried about DD turning 3. She just turned 2 & 1/2 and she's already very testing and doesn't want to listen. Any advice on getting my 2 & 1/2 year old to listen would be much appreciated :) 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Random
    Asking here, although not weekend related...DH and I don't really agree so what are your opinions on male family members  (i.e. dads, brothers, etc) touching your belly while pregnant? Weird, not weird, depends on the relationship?